• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite Son?

• Dick Grayson

Votes: 280 54.3%
  • Jason Todd

Votes: 34 6.6%
  • Tim Drake

Votes: 66 12.8%
  • Damian Wayne

Votes: 108 20.9%
  • Terry McGinnis

Votes: 159 30.8%

• Total voters

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno what else you call the guy who appeared in Rebirth besides a villain.
Wasn't a villain in his own time and basically broke because of the possibility to stop everything from going off the rails when dragged to the present against his will.

It blows my mind that there are fans who don't think Dick isn't at least as dedicated to heroism as Tim.
Dick quits. In every future, Dick gives it up to have a normal life, as is his right, and someone has to pick up the pieces. And every time, no matter how much he didn't want to be doing this shit his entire life, and no matter how much doing it takes from him time and time again, Tim steps up.

Like he did the first time. Because that's who he is. He's not Bruce. This isn't his life's mission. It's not a game, or an outlet, or his birthright. It's something that needs to be done that no one else is doing, so he does it.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
I mean Dick is probably the best, but Tim is solid too. The real answer is that they all pale in comparison to his adopted daughter Cass. I still get peeved that they got rid of that in the New 52.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone remember when Dick became Batman and chose Damian to be his Robin rather than Tim after Bruce had "died"?

ABNjp4p.jpg

ZK1Nevw.jpg

kG7Mq4E.jpg

I love that dickhead biological son versus good adopted son dynamic.

What issue / trade is that from? It's been years since I've read Morrison's run despite it being my favorite Batman run and I love reading all the surrounding stuff around that time. It looks familiar but besides the singles I picked up back in the day I never collected anything besides the two Omnis.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
What issue / trade is that from? It's been years since I've read Morrison's run despite it being my favorite Batman run and I love reading all the surrounding stuff around that time. It looks familiar but besides the singles I picked up back in the day I never collected anything besides the two Omnis.
Red Robin #1

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Man, Dick doing that Tim still bums me out especially since he talks about the two of them being equals. That's exactly why two of them should've been the new Dynamic Duo. Of all people, you think Dick would've wanted to do better than Bruce and reestablish a Batman and Robin that wasn't prisoner to the toxicity that haunted every other incarnation. This is the same Dick Grayson who was Tim's rock when Conner, Bart, Stephanie AND his father had been murdered in the span of a few years. The Dick Grayson who went out of his way to mentor Tim when he saw how he and Batman failed Jason.

Rebellion82

Jan 9, 2020
Dick quits. In every future, Dick gives it up to have a normal life, as is his right, and someone has to pick up the pieces. And every time, no matter how much he didn't want to be doing this shit his entire life, and no matter how much doing it takes from him time and time again, Tim steps up
This sort of thing is exactly why I don't like Tim these days. These alternate future stories never happen and Dick has to be written out of character or dumber than he is so that Tim can shine. I've seen people literally argue that being able to hack or use a computer is a Tim thing. All Robins use computers relative to the time that they were the current Robin. Dick used the computer all the time in the old comics and even in the 60s show. Even if dick isn't Batman he is going to be something and be working to help people. Tim also has a habit of going off the deep end in future timelines. But they don't matter IMO. Tim is not going to become the Savior or Joker.

Dick has been a super hero his whole life and comic writers try to push him as being the "normal" Batman character when he is absolutely not. Traveling circus kid raised by billionaire is not a "normal" life. The guy grew up doing super hero stuff with super hero friends and DC never seems to want to let that be a factor in his life. All of these new supporting cast and professions don't really work with the character. He always one way or another returns to the Batfamily and the Titans. Dick strangely enough is one of DC's most misused characters. Timeline is forever screwed and changing due to new gen people and reverse aging Bruce, has basically no modern Robin runs, constantly used to prop up new characters, and constantly has his creatives taken from him when he is doing well.

Also, The new teen titans, Batman reborn, Grayson, and that one alternate future story where he is the basically the super police are all great examples that no matter what name he is using he is always going to be a hero.

Also I'm so sorry about the huge posts I keep posting.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
All these "actual" son posts make me want to abuse my mod powers.

The idea that Damian and Terry are extra special because they share a biological connection to Bruce will never not rub me the wrong way. It's an unnecessary aspect of Terry's character and it actively makes me dislike Damian because it's one of his defining traits that continually gets shoved down our throats.
THANK YOU

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damian Wayne is the only Robin I want to see more of. Second choice is Greyson. Him and Damian together is a better duo than Batman and Robin.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
Dick and Damian for me, these two are great together. I really wish DC would let all the Robins interact though.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I thought now would be a good time to bring back this discussion considering the reveal of Gotham Knights & it having 3 of Bruce's kids. To be honest, I'm pleasantly surprised that they chose Tim over Damian.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I thought now would be a good time to bring back this discussion considering the reveal of Gotham Knights & it having 3 of Bruce's kids. To be honest, I'm pleasantly surprised that they chose Tim over Damian.
I got so nervous that the Robin was Damian because he's wearing Damians outfit but had Tim's staff. I was thinking, if Damian has Tim's staff then his chances are really slim of getting in because that's one of his defining traits.