• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite Son?

• Dick Grayson

Votes: 280 54.3%
  • Jason Todd

Votes: 34 6.6%
  • Tim Drake

Votes: 66 12.8%
  • Damian Wayne

Votes: 108 20.9%
  • Terry McGinnis

Votes: 159 30.8%

• Total voters

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Damian for me.

With Dick being the best Batman.

Just saying how it is:

7c2632cc65630de182169eb7e5c4710c.jpg

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The late game Terry McGinnis twist was fucking atrocious. Really, really awful stuff that completely nullifies his entire arc.

I'd rather pretend it didn't happen. Pretty sure that DNA/clone/son thing happens in Justice League Unlimited and the comics but not in Batman Beyond (correct me if I'm wrong).

It happened in JLU, yeah, but it was always planned, although if they had executed the idea during Beyond itself, the one behind the project would have been Catwoman.

Rebellion82

Jan 9, 2020
Dick and Damian. Best Robins by far and absolutely love their dynamics. Wish DC would stop messing around with Grayson. It's amazing how popular he is in spite of all the stupid things they do to him. Wish they'd let Dick be a contracted Spyral spy working as a favor of sorts to Tiger for his day job and Nightwing during his free time. Also, let him be competent and style on people often.

Damian is great and adds some visible diversity to the family. Batman Reborn, Robin Son of Batman, SuperSons, and the Tomasi Batman and Robin runs are good stories for those who don't like Damian. Although the tomasi run kind of ignores some of his growth, but that could be explained by Bruce sucking as a dad and it also leads into some strong moments in Son of Batman. Damian's dc animated movie depictions aren't very good. He's too competent and his relationship to his brother aren't depicted well, imo. He could never fight Deathstroke hand to hand and win, or do any real damage to Dick. Getting supersons back for Damian would be amazing and keep his Titans running too, but add kid Jon to it too :)

Not a big fan of Tim anymore he's probably my least favorite. Tim was cool when he had a family and didn't want to be a super hero forever. Tim Wayne completely ruined the character for me, and Robin was cool before the Robin comics imo. Really hate that they dumb Dick down to push Tim so much. Random nerdy rich kid should not be able to hang with someone with Dick's skill, dedication, and training. It blows my mind that there are fans who don't think Dick isn't at least as dedicated to heroism as Tim. Not counting that "elsewhere" McGinnis crap lol Completely ruins Terry for me.

P.S. just realized how large this is. Sorry guys! Huge Batman nerd

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to pick Grayson, but then I saw that Terry was included as an option, so I had to pick him.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
Prime Dick, whether it be Batman or Nightwing, is the purest hero DC has. He's the best of both Bruce and Clark.

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
Easily Dick, but I do love Damian's arrogance and his relationships with the other Robins lol.

Dick and Damian are the most fun duo as well imo.

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
Dick is the best but Damian is far more entertaining, he's just such a little shit I can't help but grin every time I see him appear.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Dick isn't just the best Batman son, he's arguably the heart of the entire DC universe.

Cre2dXkUEAEVdGI.jpg

Best Batman too.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fifth on the list is Terry McGinnis. Better known as the protagonist of Batman Beyond. The other biological son of Bruce Wayne but unlike the rest he starts off as Batman not Robin. He's also never raised by Bruce either and neither did he know of his parentage until much later in his adult life. If you haven't watched this show, you're doing yourself a disservice. Also he's voiced by Will Friedle aka Eric Matthews/Ron Stoppable.

I won't even bother making a poll option for the last and third biological son of Batman which is Matt McGinnis because that wouldbe the joke answer.

Terry is the only correct answer. Both Bruce's son and an actually competent Batman. Plus he actually started as Batman, not just some elevated Robin of all things.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Terry. While I do think the whole being Bruce's son thing is cheap, Terry is a great character and my second fave batman, riding on Bruce's tails

As a Robin, Dick. He's a great guy too and Nightwing is dope

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Bruce has a lot of adopted sons.

Tim Drake even adopted the Wayne name after he was formally adopted. He's Tim Drake-Wayne now, I believe.
I get that, but since these adopted sons are also his proteges, the name of the poll and thread might as well have been who is everyone's favorite Batman successor/Robin

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
It's Dick and Terry. Dick for overcoming Batman's shadow and Terry for becoming a proper successor.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
The idea that Damian and Terry are extra special because they share a biological connection to Bruce will never not rub me the wrong way. It's an unnecessary aspect of Terry's character and it actively makes me dislike Damian because it's one of his defining traits that continually gets shoved down our throats.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Nice OPs. Appreciate the effort.

Dick Grayson has so much history in comics and shows. That's who I think of when Robin is mentioned. I also like Damian. Well written and having a kid as Robin was a nice addition.

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
The idea that Damian and Terry are extra special because they share a biological connection to Bruce will never not rub me the wrong way. It's an unnecessary aspect of Terry's character and it actively makes me dislike Damian because it's one of his defining traits that continually gets shoved down our throats.

A way to really make it work is to make Damian Wayne as the eventual Mordred to Bruce's King Arthur where his adopted sons, Dick and Tim are his true successors.

f684bd2abdb712fff413703c8e8927ee.jpg

There was a pretty cool Alternate Future where an adult Damian Wayne sold his soul to the devil to become immortal and took the mantle of Batman which ended with half of Gotham razed but later Tim Drake killed him and took the mantle of Batman from him.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
Damian is a little shit. Everyone else is better than him.

Terry would likely be my pick, with Grayson being a close second. Tim is a good kid, too.

Jason got the short end of the stick, but is still better than Damian.

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Damian is a little shit. Everyone else is better than him.

Terry would likely be my pick, with Grayson being a close second. Tim is a good kid, too.

Jason got the short end of the stick, but is still better than Damian.

Anyone remember when Dick became Batman and chose Damian to be his Robin rather than Tim after Bruce had "died"?

ABNjp4p.jpg

ZK1Nevw.jpg

kG7Mq4E.jpg

I love that dickhead biological son versus good adopted son dynamic.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
The answer is Tim, but he also needs to quit at some point since older Tim always becomes a villain.
Older Tim always becomes hardass Batman, not a villain (except to Younger Tim because he doesn't want to be hardass Batman).

If Dick, Jason, and Damian would just stop fucking up all the time then this wouldn't be an issue.