• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite Son?

• Dick Grayson

Votes: 280 54.3%
  • Jason Todd

Votes: 34 6.6%
  • Tim Drake

Votes: 66 12.8%
  • Damian Wayne

Votes: 108 20.9%
  • Terry McGinnis

Votes: 159 30.8%

• Total voters

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
First, we have Dick Grayson. The original Robin. The one from the Teen Titans TV Show, our initial Robin in Young Justice and the initial Robin in Batman: The Animated Series. He's the Robin that grows up to be Nightwing and takes up the mantle for Batman temporarily. Also a big horndog.

tumblr_mybgg84Yi61spa8loo1_250.gif

14bU5vdOmOrgoL9BKUaARxw.jpeg

nightwing-new-header.jpg

Next up is Jason Todd. The second Robin. He's the Robin that was killed and became a villain later known as the Red Hood. He never quite gets the exposure that the other Robins get. He's the biggest bad apple of the Robins. Never a favorite of the fans which lead DC to kill him off.

images

Red-Hood-Jason-Todd-Robin.jpg

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Next up is the third Robin. Tim Drake. He's the Robin you see most often in the DCAU. He comes up later in Young Justice as well and turns into Red Robin down the line. He's also featured in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker where he murders the Joker in the DCAU after he's been tortured.

220px-Robin_Tim_Drake.jpg

64b1357512b26a1864b8f1cc7986e683.png

1qvam8efpag31.jpg

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Next up is the fourth Robin. Damian Wayne. The only Robin that is Bruce's biological son. He's also the grandson of Ra's Al Ghul and son of Talia Al Ghul. This also means that he is the only one of Bruce's sons that isn't white as he's half Caucasian and half Chinese/Arab. He was raised the by the League of Assassins and dumped at Batman's doorstep at 10. He's the other bad apple next to Jason Todd but he grows out of it slowly. He was also Dick Grayson's Robin when Dick Grayson was Batman. He's an arrogant kid prodigy.

CjBS71OUUAAeVJA1-600x776.jpg

3ad2c87c761e6fb01128b11b3bfffe99.jpg

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Fifth on the list is Terry McGinnis. Better known as the protagonist of Batman Beyond. The other biological son of Bruce Wayne but unlike the rest he starts off as Batman not Robin. He's also never raised by Bruce either and neither did he know of his parentage until much later in his adult life. If you haven't watched this show, you're doing yourself a disservice. Also he's voiced by Will Friedle aka Eric Matthews/Ron Stoppable.

I won't even bother making a poll option for the last and third biological son of Batman which is Matt McGinnis because that wouldbe the joke answer.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta go with my boy Terry, even if I have always hated the retcon of making him Bruce's son.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Giving Batman a biological son is dumb.

He should be an orphan looking after orphans, always.

+1 Dick and Tim. Jason Todd should still be dead.

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Giving Batman a biological son is dumb.

He should be an orphan looking after orphans, always.

+1 Dick and Tim. Jason Todd should still be dead.

He's got as many blood sons as he has adopted sons now.

I don't mind him having one blood son just because of the tension it causes between Damian and the Robins. It's an interesting dynamic as it's something he frequently lords over them.

I'm slightly annoyed that Terry and Matt are his sons too though.

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I had to decide between Dick, Terry and Damian.

I only picked Damian and Terry because Dick was first place.

I'm surprised that Tim is at the bottom with Jason. Do people not like Tim? I already knew Jason was unpopular.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
The late game Terry McGinnis twist was fucking atrocious. Really, really awful stuff that completely nullifies his entire arc.

I'd rather pretend it didn't happen. Pretty sure that DNA/clone/son thing happens in Justice League Unlimited and the comics but not in Batman Beyond (correct me if I'm wrong).

Not even touching the Matt thing.

So yeah, Dick followed by Damian and Tim. Under the Red Hood is a great movie though.

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
The late game Terry McGinnis twist was fucking atrocious. Really, really awful stuff that completely nullifies his entire arc.

I'd rather pretend it didn't happen. Pretty sure that DNA/clone/son thing happens in Justice League Unlimited and the comics but not in Batman Beyond (correct me if I'm wrong).

Not even touching the Matt thing.

So yeah, Dick followed by Damian and Tim. Under the Red Hood is a great movie though.

You are correct. The twist doesn't happen in Batman Beyond. So you could go into Batman Beyond as its own solo thing and pretend it never happened.

Although I think it might have been planned just because of Terry and Matt's black hair color compared to their parents.
af365ca40c608f3d9ad35563a716bb77.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
He's got as many blood sons as he has adopted sons now.

I don't mind him having one blood son just because of the tension it causes between Damian and the Robins. It's an interesting dynamic as it's something he frequently lords over them.

I'm slightly annoyed that Terry and Matt are his sons too though.

My real preference is no robin. It's always been kind of stupid anyway. But if there has to be one, then Dick and Tim work for me. Add in Jason as the failure to round it out and make Batman more interesting in that he has this dead kid on his hands. (He should always be dead!)

All the biological son crap is superfluous.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
I'd vote Terry if I didn't feel like it was cheating. He was basically an adult when he met Bruce.
Voted Dick and Jason. Love Tim, but again, most of his lift was normal, and I think now he was never even adopted by Bruce?

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I'd vote Terry if I didn't feel like it was cheating. He was basically an adult when he met Bruce.

He only gets in on this poll because of the twist that he is Bruce's real son and because he became Batman.

This is why Matt's not on here despite being Bruce's third blood son since he doesn't interact with him nor does he become Batman.

So you can vote for Terry.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Dick Grayson always. He's just too dope. Afterwards for me it's a tie between Tim and Damian. Tim I like that he's basically a younger Bruce in how he thinks and his fighting style while Damian I like his attitude.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Grayson, it's the Robin I grew up with mostly I guess. And I love his and Bats relationship.

Oct 25, 2017
It's Terry since his portrayal is consistent where as there are different versions of the other characters.

I always disliked TAS Dick because Bruce Timm kept making him in the middle of the weird Bruce X Barbara stuff he keeps pushing in projects he's involved with.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a fan of Damian too, but I had no idea so many people seem to prefer him over Jason and Tim...

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Terry and Tim. I loved Batman Beyond and it's one of the few examples of a successor who is almost as well regarded as the original. Tim is the one who set the trend of Robin being cool with the new costume, bo staff, his own car, and being his own hero. I didn't really like how the DCAU didn't adapt him properly and make him combined with Jason or how Arkham Knight combines him with Dick(Despite him BEING in the game) and makes him a sidekick in distress. He needs more love and respect.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
Calling Dick the Worst
🤢
I love Dick.

Damian is The Worst when he is all bloodlust. I like it when he is a Zoomer who wants to kill people as a first choice but will back off.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Why does a poll thread that's asking for the best allow for multiple votes? What is going on around here?