• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Your favorite of the big 3 MCU Avengers

• Iron Man

Votes: 280 25.3%
  • Captain America

Votes: 560 50.6%
  • Thor

Votes: 267 24.1%

• Total voters

Ominym

Oct 25, 2017
Iron Man is my personal favorite, but Capitan America has had the best movies. Honestly what they (mostly the Russo Brothers) have done with the character is nothing short of amazing. If you would've told me that I'd give a shit about Capitan America a decade ago I'd have called you crazy.

Thordawgg

Nov 5, 2017
Went Thor, very close between him and Iron Man but Cap is not super appealing to me, didn't realize how popular he was on here to be honest I mean I know he's a big character but still surprised.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Stark > Thor >>>>>>>>>>Cap
I'd say Stark = Thor if you only consider Ragnarok but Cap is still far below both in my books.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I love all three. But I'm impressed to the level which the MCU has managed to sell a character I had always regarded as cheesy and jingoist to me as a non-American. Cap is my favorite of the three.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Used to be Iron Man > Captain America > Thor

Since last avengers and thor movie tho Thor replaced captain America

Cap is a nice dude and all but the performance is just so God damn one note and stoic. It's a bit boring. And Starks charisma props up these movies big time. He clearly commands every scene hes in including with the other 2 in question.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
Iron man by a mile, Cap's footprint in Avengers movie has been underwhelming. He's severely underused character. His fight sequences are bland and not exciting in Avengers movies. Like how can you have such amazing moments in Winter Soldier for Cap and lower down his action bits in avengers movies is beyond me!

Oct 25, 2017
1. Iron Man
2. Thor
3. Captain America

RDJ nails that role, he was born to play Tony Stark. Gives it a lot of character even when writing might not.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Waititi's Thor > Iron Man > notWaititi's Thor > Cap

Sorry but Cap is pretty boring.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thor is a complete and utterly joke in the movies compared to the almighty and great character he is on the comics so he's already out. I think to me it's between Cap and Stark but I'll go to Cap as he's my favorite on the movies and he's quite similar to 616 cap, even if in some parts he's cap ultimate

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Btw do we know if Waititi is involved with Thor portrayal again in Endgame like with IW?

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Used to be Iron Man but he chose the wrong side in Civil War so now it's Cap. Thor is also great but with "Thor: The Dark World" out there, he can't win...

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
I recently did a rewatch of the big MCU movies and noticed Whedon's Cap is very stick-in-the-mud, which makes sense for the first Avengers because he's fresh out of the ice, but even after Winter Soldier in Age of Ultron he's very straight-laced again. Whedon himself admitted at a recent MCU directors roundtable that he didn't have a great handle on the character and praised the Russos for what they've done with the character.

It's because the secret to making Cap interesting is Black Widow. That and having his idea of heroism clash with what is considered socially acceptable. It creates a foil that gives the character a harder edge.

Cap is essentially the lone rebel type with the Russo's, just an altruistic version. Cap with Whedon is shoehorned into an archetype and it often takes away his intelligence. Essentially makes him a dumb Jock stereotype.

Edit: However honestly right now there is a new big 3 it's Tachalla, Peter and Carol. Spidey has been the best Avenger since Civil War

Last edited:

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
If you need someone to always have your back no matter what - Cap
If you need someone to have an aimless sabbatical roadtrip with - Thor (from Ragnarok and IW)
If you need someone to host a party and invite all the celebrities - Ironman

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Captain America is a boring "morals above all" boyscout with boring powers. IM is pretty cool, Thor is funniest and now the strongest as well. Post-IW, I choose Thor.

RockyBalboa_

Apr 28, 2018
Captain America by the length of 100 NFL football fields!

He has it all -

Charisma
Charm
Puts others ahead of himself
Stands up for what he believes in

etc

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
tumblr_p8bvjjNCfk1tlgqkgo4_500.gif

Mar 26, 2018
As actors I don't care for them. As characters, about the same. Still strange that avengers became more popular over other comic characters

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
It's a tough call between Thor and Captain America, but norse mythology is a lot cooler than the army, so i'm going with Thor.

Tony Stark is too much of an asshole to even enter the conversation.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I was going to say Iron Man and it's not even close, but it's actually pretty close. Recent Thor kicks ass.

I've never really liked captain america.

GeminiX7

Feb 6, 2019
Iron Man. Has the most character growth, my favorite powerset/tools(I have a thing for mech suits and tech), and the character I resonate with the most. Thor is second, but it's mainly because of the arc between Ragnarok and IW. Captain America isn't bad by any means, but a distant third. He's too one note.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Thor and it's not even close. Love him to bits, and his showing in both Ragnarok and Infinity War solidified him as my fave. You all can keep your stoic heroes and billionaire playboys. Thor is all I need. Charming, funny, good natured, and heroic; what more can you ask for?

Edit: Not stoic but boy scouty.

Thor pre Ragnarok is a dull character. Nobody really knew how how to use him well in the MCU until Taika and Russos.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
It's Tony Stark. Best character arc in the MCU as a whole, he's way more fun than Cap who is a fucking bore, and he isn't saddled with a movie as bad as Thor 2 Thor Harder.

He was also on the correct side of Civil War.

#TeamStark