• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is the strongest?

• Mario

Votes: 142 46.4%
  • Luigi

Votes: 33 10.8%
  • Other

Votes: 131 42.8%

• Total voters

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Ah, 3D platformers. Some exceptions aside Jak II and Jak 3 these games are generally known for being happy, colorful, whimsical romps, games more about the adventure than the combat.

But what if we stood back and asked ourselves; who is the most powerful platforming protagonist?

Is it Mario, with his endless transformations and adaptability?

Is it Spyro, with his dragon breath and brute headbutting strength?

Is it Jak, with his ability to channel eco (including through his guns)?

Who would win in a fight? Why do you think so?

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does Mario have Cappy? If so probably him. The ability to possess his competitors is a strong advantage. The only ones who could stand up to him are other hat wearers so Hat Kid and Luigi. Hat kid is a child and would be bopped pretty easily by Mario, so it'd end up as a battle royale between he and Luigi.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
0310_kbd30.gif

6aZjnFj.gif

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Mario, Luigi and Other? C'mon.

And yeah, Knack is a strong contender. Dude can get big.

Ratchet is another good pick given how wild his arsenal gets.

PogiJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Meme answers aside, canonically, it has to be Kirby. Isn't he quite literally a god?

Edit: There was a Kirby thread here on Era highlighting some of his feats:

Basically, he's faster than the speed of light, immortal, and pretty much infinitely powerful.
The problem with using individual feats to measure strength is people always use the exceptionally strong feats but leave out the numerous weak feats. Like Kirby being able to be harmed by falling apples.

Really the best way to look at a fictional character's strength, IMO, is to look at the average feats. How they perform on the regular. Not this "he cracked a planet in half with a karate chop" business.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i suppose sonic by his speed and allegedly razor blade sharp quills or kirby by his really vaguely defined feats of superstrenght and universe devouring powers

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Is Kirby. Like, theres even no contest here.
Does Kirby's 3d titles count as real 3d though...

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Dante

Although DMC1 didn't have the strongest platforming
giphy.gif

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Does Mario have Cappy? If so probably him. The ability to possess his competitors is a strong advantage. The only ones who could stand up to him are other hat wearers so Hat Kid and Luigi. Hat kid is a child and would be bopped pretty easily by Mario, so it'd end up as a battle royale between he and Luigi.

Sly, Jak etc.

Also Crash can wear mask that is like a headwear. Didn't even Spyro wear some sort of helmet at some point?

I'll go with Sly.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
In what world is Kirby a 3D platformer? You can't even use the excuse that you didn't read the opening post, as it clearly states in the header "3D Platforming mascot."

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Weak poll.

I'm fairly sure Jak would murder everyone. Dude can stop time, has nuke level abilites in dark mode and an arsenal with guns that rival Ratchet's Ryno.
I have no idea what the hell Mario could possibly do against that. Mario's moveset is built around defeating enemies that at most have 3 moves that repeat across 3 phases.