• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
and why is it Zack Snyder?

zacksnyder.jpg

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Ew, no.

I'd take Nolan, Edgar Wright, delToro, Wes Anderson before Snyder.

Atlagev

Oct 27, 2017
Kevin Smith?

I mean, I'm not even a huge Kevin Smith fan, but all his movies scream "Gen X" to me.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
All you have to do is think of the movies that come to your mind:

Clerks
Say Anything
Reality Bites
Before Sunrise

Oct 31, 2017
Tim Burton. Kevin Smith is a good one in terms of his 90's films really embodying that cultural period and aesthetic in America.

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Linklater and Smith, no contest.

You can throw Stiller in there, but he's over in the annex with Janeane Garrafalo and Bridget Fonda.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Tim Burton. Kevin Smith is a good one in terms of his 90's films really embodying that cultural period and aesthetic in America.
Boom.

Burton, Kevin Smith, Soderbergh all come to mind. I guess Tarantino too, although obviously he's going for a different vibe. He exudes that annoying "everyone else is sheeple I'm a genius" thing that gen x has on lock though.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Burton's movies (specificallyonce he hit it big) always seemed generationally/culturally agnostic to me. Like I don't really associate Batman or Pee Wee or Beetlejuice with the "80s" or "90s" in the way I might with other movies of those eras.

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
There are a handful of legitimate contenders for this and literally none of them are Zack Snyder.