• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who would fare better in an identical outbreak scenario?

• Chris Redfield.

Votes: 268 42.1%
  • Leon S. Kennedy.

Votes: 368 57.9%

• Total voters

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
And Leon with a bunch of anime characters ;)

Soon with Nintendo chars :D

face-with-raised-eyebrow.png

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I cant think of anything in a Star Wars movie that is nowadays really outstanding to be hobest
People will vote Leon because he's more popular, but at the end of the day he runs away from boulders while Chris beats the shit out of them.
I like Leon a good deal better, but has he ever punched a boulder in the middle of a volcano? Check. Mate.
If the boulder ever starts to roll down and is about to roll over the protagonist, Leon, the master of outrunning things is more likely to survive then Chris.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd probably go with Leon. He didn't even know what zombies were and he survived Raccoon City. That's huge for a rookie cop with basic training, whereas Chris was sent to the Arklay Mountains specifically for his abilities.

I'd argue the Los Illuminados were way more dangerous than the Ashfords, too, and again Leon went in with no idea what was waiting for him and still came out of it without a scratch. Dude's a champ.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
You failed to mention Leon's worst enemy.

A car.

Seriously I thought I was the worst driver around until I played as Leon S. Kennedy, who the fuck gave him a permit.

Nov 2, 2017
All of you giving Leon props surviving Racoon City as a rookie cop but Claire also survived and she's not military or Police. All thanks to Chris.

Go home Leon, you're drunk.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Leon has a more impressive track record and I prefer his approach to problem solving. He's generally more independent, far less emotionally vulnerable and more agile than Chris. It's no wonder Leon is the one who protects the U.S. President.

If Leon got to fight Wesker with Ada's help, he'd be able to win without much issue.

Chris has demonstrably better leadership skills, but that's about it.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Leon has a more impressive track record and I prefer his approach to problem solving. He's generally more independent, far less emotionally vulnerable and more agile than Chris. It's no wonder Leon is the one who protects the U.S. President.

If Leon got to fight Wesker with Ada's help, he'd be able to win without much issue.

Not emotionally vulnerable? Leon thinks with his dick.

Also, saying he needs Ada's help isn't really proving your point.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic

Cute fairytale.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Not emotionally vulnerable? Leon thinks with his dick.

Also saying he needs Ada's help isn't really proving your point.

The number of people Leon's gotten killed by losing his cool or falling hard for someone: 0
The number of people Chris's gotten killed by losing his cool: at least 5

Leon gets a lot of criticism for either being too stoic or witty, but the inverse to that is a track record of professionalism.

Chris wouldn't have been able to kill Wesker without Sheva AND Jill's help, and thus I'm not going to pretend Leon could do it by himself either.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
As soon as Leon sees Ada he's going to lose sight of his mission and just stalk her. Professional please lol

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
The number of people Leon's gotten killed by losing his cool or falling hard for someone: 0

Leon gets a lot of criticism for either being too stoic or witty, but the inverse to that is a track record of professionalism.

Chris wouldn't have been able to kill Wesker without Sheva AND Jill's help, and thus I'm not going to pretend Leon could do it by himself either.
Let's ignore the fact Leon murdered civilians.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017

Except I guess the President. And like the people in/around every vehicle he's ever driven, all of which were destroyed.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
As soon as Leon sees Ada he's going to lose sight of his mission and just stalk her. Professional please lol

In RE4, Leon encounters Ada 5 times. The first time, he corners her and she runs away. He doesn't pursue her. The second time, they ride a boat together and she leaves; Leon continues his mission. The third time, Ada saves Leon from Krauser and he doesn't go after her. The fourth time, Ada distracts Saddler while Leon saves Ashley. And finally, Leon frees Ada from capture and then focuses on Saddler. In RE4, Leon stalks Ada a whopping 0 times.

In RE6, Leon runs into her only twice; three times if you want to count the doppelganger. Ada runs off after the boss fight; Leon doesn't give chase. The second time, Leon chases "Ada" but only to grab information from her. In the end, Leon and Ada fight Simmons, but Leon specifically declines to go after her even when Helena offers him the chance. The number of times Leon stalks Ada in RE6: 0.

In Damnation, Leon sees Ada twice, but she has virtually no influence on how he conducts the mission. He doesn't stalk her at all.

Except I guess the President. And like the people around every vehicle he's ever driven, all of which were destroyed.

How the hell is Leon specifically supposed to stop a specific person from being infected by an airborne virus?

And how is his awful luck with cars specifically tied to losing it emotionally? Accidents happen, but Chris' negligence in RE6 is absolutely historical.

Let's ignore the fact Leon murdered civilians.

Nothing to do with losing his cool, and in a city-wide outbreak, shit happens. Leon did what he had to do to ensure the mission was a success: destroy zombie dogs that could target specific people (aka the BSAA).

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
How the hell is Leon specifically supposed to stop a specific person from being infected by an airborne virus?

And how is his awful luck with cars specifically tied to losing it emotionally? Accidents happen, but Chris' negligence in RE6 is absolutely historical.
If you're going to construe every unfortunate thing that happens around Leon as an accident, or something out of his control, then you're not making a good case for his capabilities.

His job is to avoid these situations by making better choices. I don't expect perfection, but I do expect more from a "trained professional", and someone who will take responsibility for his mistakes, like Chris does.

There's also the whole continually stalking Ada thing.

The true test of this question is to switch Chris and Leon into each other's campaigns. IMO Chris would survive all of Leon's campaigns. Leon would not survive all of Chris's campaigns.

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
Chris easily...

He is so over-qualified that he constantly gets assigned handicaps in the form of "partners" that he has to end up looking after and saving on top of doing his mission.

Meanwhile Ada has to save Leon, give him hints and nudge him in the right direction every step of the way... if anything this should be between Ada and Chris.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
If you're going to construe every unfortunate thing that happens around Leon as an accident, or something out of his control, then you're not making a good case for his capabilities.

His job is to avoid these situations by making better choices. I don't expect perfection, but I also expect more from a "trained professional", also someone who will take responsibility for his mistakes, like Chris does.

There's also the whole continually stalking Ada thing.

The myth about stalking Ada was addressed above. It's untrue at worst and an exaggeration at best.

Again, please tell me how Leon was supposed to prevent the President from being infected by an airborne virus that was instigated as part of an elaborate plot by members of the President's own cabinet, including the National Security Adviser? Was Leon supposed to see the virus with a pair of magical goggles and suck it all up to protect the President?

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
Leon would be stuck after coming across the first boulder he'd encounter. Chris can just punch that shit out of the way.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Chris easily...

He is so over-qualified that he constantly gets assigned handicaps in the form of "partners" that he has to end up looking after and saving on top of doing his mission.

Meanwhile Ada has to save Leon, give him hints and nudge him in the right direction every step of the way... if anything this should be between Ada and Chris.

I'd like to know more about this Resident Evil universe where Rebecca, Jessica, Jill, Sheva, Piers and Leon himself don't exist and never bailed Chris out of life-or-death situations.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
The myth about stalking Ada was addressed above. It's untrue at worst and an exaggeration at best.

Again, please tell me how Leon was supposed to prevent the President from being infected by an airborne virus that was instigated as part of an elaborate plot by members of the President's own cabinet, including the National Security Adviser? Was Leon supposed to see the virus with a pair of magical goggles and suck it all up to protect the President?

Yes.

Nov 2, 2017
Chris is so inspiring to his team that they're willing to sacrifice themselves for him. Who would do that for Leon?

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Good to know you have no actual rebuttal then. :p
I think it's because you're being too obtuse and defensive.

You're blindly refuting everything about Leon instead of recognizing he also makes mistakes.

And as I said above, I think Chris would survive all of Leon's campaigns, but I don't think Leon would survive all of Chris's campaigns, which is what this thread is about.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
C virus is a blue gas visible by naked eye so yes as president's bodyguard he should grab him and run like hell in the opposite direction. But no Leon let president alone and hide somewhere until the gas disappeared.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
C virus is a blue gas visible by naked eye so yes as president's bodyguard he should grab him and run like hell in the opposite direction. But no Leon let president alone and hide somewhere until the gas disappeared.

You forgot the part where Helena, another US government agent, did it. If the President were kidnapped under Leon's watchful eye, then that would be one thing.

I think it's because you're being too obtuse and defensive.

You're blindly refuting everything about Leon instead of recognizing he also makes mistakes.

And as I said above, I think Chris would survive all of Leon's campaigns, but I don't think Leon would survive all of Chris's campaigns, which is what this thread is about.

I'm not being defensive. I'm just stating facts.

You called Leon a stalker. I literally summarized every interaction he had with Ada that pointed to the contrary and you haven't come back with an actual counterargument. If you have one that proves Leon stalks people, I'm all ears!

(Of course, the ironic part in such an argument is that in Chris' finest hour, he gets a bunch of men killed because he's the one who actually tried to stalk Ada. But I digress.)

You brought up Leon's motor accidents as a counterexample to losing his cool. The two are fundamentally unrelated. If you said you preferred Chris because he suffers from less bad luck, I wouldn't disagree. But that's not what you said.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
You called Leon a stalker. I literally summarized every interaction he had with Ada that pointed to the contrary and you haven't come back with an actual counterargument. If you have one that proves Leon stalks people, I'm all ears!

(Of course, the ironic part in such an argument is that in Chris' finest hour, he gets a bunch of men killed because he's the one who actually tried to stalk Ada. But I digress.)

You brought up Leon's motor accidents as a counterexample to losing his cool. The two are fundamentally unrelated. If you said you preferred Chris because he suffers from less bad luck, I wouldn't disagree. But that's not what you said.
Nah, I'm good.

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
Let's not ignore that Leon and Helena were the ones who let Lepotica out in the cathedral which resulted in all the survivors staying there being killed.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't Chris drink himself under the table after a mission went astray in RE6? Even so, I feel like Chris's approach to missions are guns blazing while Leon's has usually been calm and collected. Yeah, if the two should get into a fist fight, Chris "Imma punching the boulder" Redfield would likely win, but it does seem like Leon can be the more thoughtful of the two and learning to choose his fights carefully rather than going full force.

That and that sequence of Leon and Chris fighting off those zombies from that one film is a good example of how Leon is percise with his shots and converse ammo while Chris has no problem shooting a few bullets into a zombie's head before turning to the next one (if I remember that scene correctly).

Seyavesh

Oct 25, 2017
Go join his squad then.
id never be qualified but as a bystander at least i got a chance to make it out alive with chris as long as i'm not there to dramatically die

being around leon as a bystander somehow makes not only vehicles explode but makes other people drive insanely too

thats mostly a re6 and movid thing though but man, that motorcycle guy and the helicopter in re6 on top of every insane thing in vendetta

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
RE6 literally was. :D

Yea, they just opened a door... In a locked shelter full of refuges and hell all around them, they couldn't possibly know what can happen, certainly not with Leon's mental capabilities.

OK, so Leon gets docked for opening a door that just happened to have a monster behind it, even if they (or any of the other people in the room) couldn't have known it would be there. Fine.

On the flip side, Chris sent his entire platoon into a maze-like building to do battle with a giant, carnivorous and invisible snake that had already swallowed one of his team members. Given Chris' experience against the Yawn in the Spencer Mansion, he should have known that the first soldier was already dead. But he was so emotionally out of it that it didn't matter to him.

OK then.