• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is the LEAST popular DS character?

• Bishamon

Votes: 24 9.7%
  • Viktor

Votes: 25 10.1%
  • Pyron

Votes: 23 9.3%
  • Sasquatch

Votes: 26 10.5%
  • Rikuo

Votes: 43 17.4%
  • Huitzil

Votes: 106 42.9%

• Total voters

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably Huitzil, just because he's one of the three characters to not return for Darkstalkers 3 (well, he wasn't in the original version of 3).

I also think that compared to Pyron and Donovan (the other two absent from DS3), he's the least important missing character. Pyron has final boss status and Donovan is the designated MC of DS2 and the anime. Meanwhile Huitzil is just the sub-boss for DS1/2 and, from a lore perspective, he's not even unique, as there's a whole army of Huitzils around. The only thing differentiating the playable one is that they're 'good'/malfunctioning

KJwtgck.gif
dVDCdpW.gif

(I actually doubt anyone is familiar enough with Darkstalkers lore to dislike Huitzil for this reason, I just wanted to post some gifs from the anime)

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
there's a whole army of Q-Bees too but no one gets on her case about it

I'm not giving Huitzil shit for being an army

I'm just saying that, from a story perspective, he is technically the least important of the three missing DS3 characters

Also, Huitzil would totally be more popular if he was just an anime girl like Q-Bee

OrochiJR

Oct 29, 2017
Personally I am not a big fan of Huitzil. His design doesn't do it for me, as does Pyron, but he is not quite as boring.

All the others in the poll are pretty bad-ass IMO, I especially always really liked Sasquatch and Rikuo/Aulbath.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
To most people all of them except morrigan and Felicia which is sad since they're both the worst

Rikuo and sasquatch are cool take them out of this poll

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Viktor and Sasquatch do not belong on this list, wtf.
Damn straight. Two of my favourite characters to use in the game. Also, anyone that says Anakaris is getting smacked upside the head, dude rocks and is one of the slickest animated characters in the entire game (and that's saying something, DS still looks gorgeous to this day)

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
It has to be Huitzil lol.
I think Pyron is kinda crappy too, but Gill got that sweet costume of his on SFV so it's not all bad.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who has never played a Darkstalkers because bad at fighting games, I recognize Huitzel from High Score Girl so in a weird way it's probably gotten a fair bit of "popularity" from that.

I've never seen Bishamon in my life.

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta be Huitzil. Almost nobody would know he is a Dalkstalkers character if they weren't familiar with it.

Other characters stand out and you can tell where they come from if you know Darlkstalker exists.

felineki

Jul 20, 2018
It's viktor, hutzil actually got played

Daigo fucking mained bish and sas is like SS tier
Funny enough, there's footage of Daigo playing everyone in OP's list except Victor. And three of those characters (Huitzil, Pyron, Bishamon) are ones he played extensively.
www.youtube.com

VH (01) - Umehara (Bishamon) vs. Kawamura (Huitzil)

Vampire Hunter DarkStalkers Combination Cup
www.youtube.com

VH (03) - Umehara (Huitzil) vs. Kawamura (Huitzil)

www.youtube.com

VH (13) - Umehara (Pyron) vs. Kawamura (Huitzil)

www.youtube.com

VH (37) - Gotobas (Rikuo) vs. Umehara (Sasquatch)

www.youtube.com

VH (19) - Umehara (Rikuo) vs. Kawamura (Huitzil)

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Huitzil is a pretty cool character (design and gameplay)--I have no idea why I keep forgetting he's in Darkstalkers.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why we haven't gotten another character showcase game featuring Halloween monsters.

It doesn't have to straight up be another Darkstalkers fighting game, but the core concept seems like it'd be a cool fit for a Hero Shooter or something. Overwatch with werewolves.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
I don't know why we haven't gotten another character showcase game featuring Halloween monsters.

It doesn't have to straight up be another Darkstalkers fighting game, but the core concept seems like it'd be a cool fit for a Hero Shooter or something. Overwatch with werewolves.

Killer Instinct is less Halloween-y but it is pretty much a monster mash

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
How can you hate on Viktor...

Phobos/Huitzil ranks among my top 3 Darkstalkers characters. His animations are INSANE, morphing, morphing and morphing, the dang thing's practically made of liquid metal or whatever material its outer shell is made of.

Last edited:

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I swear to god if I click on this poll and you jerks picked sasquatch I will burn this forum to the ground.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Bishamon had the Oboro Bishamon variation, so he probably was somewhat popular back when the series was alive otherwise they'd have gone with another character.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Probably Huitzil (Phobos) unfortunately. Can easily see the design element's Joe Mad's Calibretto from Battle Chasers inspired from Huitzil.
231c142ba6c0f2f31471016ea0167634.jpg

Bishamon more popular than Huitzil for Ryu to get him as an alternate costume in SFV.
That Joe Mad thing looks like a regular WOW-style golem thing, I doubt he was thinking about Huitzil when drawing that. Samus Aran looks more like Huitzil than this guy does.

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
Bishamon at least still appears rather prominently in those Udon comics and such.

I'd say it's either Viktor or Huitzil, and I'm honestly leaning towards Viktor.

soulmatic

Oct 27, 2017
That Joe Mad thing looks like a regular WOW-style golem thing, I doubt he was thinking about Huitzil when drawing that. Samus Aran looks more like Huitzil than this guy does.
Battle Chasers (1998) was in existence before WoW (2004). Plus Joe Mad was a known Video Game & Capcom fan as well, he even named Red Monika's henchmen after Bengus & Akiman. Pretty sure Huitzil was an influence. For another example of Joe's gaming & manga influence: Garrison being a blend of Galford from Samurai Showdown & Guts from Berserk.