• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who is the LEAST popular DS character?

• Bishamon

Votes: 24 9.7%
  • Viktor

Votes: 25 10.1%
  • Pyron

Votes: 23 9.3%
  • Sasquatch

Votes: 26 10.5%
  • Rikuo

Votes: 43 17.4%
  • Huitzil

Votes: 106 42.9%

• Total voters

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
There's typically always conversation on who is the most popular (Well, the most popular under Morrigan). But there's never a lot of talk about the rest of the cast. I went through the roster and picked out what I consider the lowest 6 characters (popularity-wise) of the series. I'm basing this on nothing more than the general feel I see from DS discussion across the internet. Even out of these 6, some are definitely more popular than the rest. Just at the end of the day, someone has to be at the bottom.

For this, we'll be sticking with base roster characters. If you're having trouble picking, just imagine Capcom has announced a new DS game but the trade-off is you have to pick one of these characters to NEVER be in it.

Bishamon

Viktor

Pyron

Sasquatch

Rikuo

Huitzil
vampire_hunter___phobos_versus_screen_hd_by_zabzarock_d87w4zm-fullview.png

--------------------------------

Personally, I'm going to say it's Bishamon. Forgot that dude even existed before making this thread while I recalled everyone else here. Doesn't seem like we see much oh him across the board (Merch or from Fans).

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm leaning towards Huitzil

They have the least appeal of that batch, which being a Darkstalkers character means they're still pretty rad.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
I think it comes down to Huitzil and Bishamon out of these, and Bishamon at least has a certain kind of badass samurai demon thing going on while Huitzil just looks like a strange golem like thing to most people. What I'm saying is is that it's Huitzil.

soulmatic

Oct 27, 2017
Probably Huitzil (Phobos) unfortunately. Can easily see the design element's Joe Mad's Calibretto from Battle Chasers inspired from Huitzil.
231c142ba6c0f2f31471016ea0167634.jpg

Bishamon more popular than Huitzil for Ryu to get him as an alternate costume in SFV.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
It's Huitzel. He doesn't appear as much and he's kind of a generic robot, what with all the copies out there. His transformations are super cool, and personally I like him over some of the other Darkstalker's but there's no way it isn't him.

Last edited:

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
It's Huitzil, yeah.

On the off chance that there ever is another dark stalkers game, he probably won't be in it.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The guy I didn't even think of before seeing the poll, lmao

Completely forgot about Huitzil

Soupbones

Oct 26, 2017
Wow - Huitzil is my second favorite DS character, right behind Hsien-Ko. WTF is wrong with you people???

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
I've always though Huitzil was kinda lame, especially for a Mexican monster.

Like, you've got calacas and chupacabras, and you for this robot that emulates a prehistoric Japanese artifact.

220px-Dogu_Miyagi_1000_BCE_400_BCE.jpg

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Amingo, he never even got be in the series!

I love that wild cactus man, though

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
I've seen my fair share of Skillions/2Old2Furious/DCC/Devil's Playground tourneys, I don't recall seeing much Huitzil/Phobos play at all...

BumbleChump

Aug 19, 2018
Man, I like the Huitzil!

He's the only mechanical robot fighter on the roster which makes him unique. I'm surprised that so many people voted for him.

felineki

Jul 20, 2018
I've seen my fair share of Skillions/2Old2Furious/DCC/Devil's Playground tourneys, I don't recall seeing much Huitzil/Phobos play at all...
Are you only watching the Savior stuff? Because he's not even in the version of Savior that gets played competitively. If you want any Hunter tournaments you'll see plenty of him.
Sasquatch doesn't even have a name
Sasquatch is his name. The species is called "Bigfoot."

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Are you only watching the Savior stuff? Because he's not even in the version of Savior that gets played competitively. If you want any Hunter tournaments you'll see plenty of him.

AHH. That would explain it.
I was wracking my brain trying to think of why he barely registered in my memory. Probably also explains the results.
He's a cool character aesthetically, but that's about it.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"The robot" jumped to mind immediately, didn't remember his name. I find that telling.

I do agree that Huitzil is pretty neat just by virtue of being a Darkstalkers character, but as far as not being popular or memorable, I bet a part of it is that, as a robot, he doesn't have much of a face or exaggerated expressions the way the rest of the cast does. Even Pyron, who's got a pretty simple/basic design, has some flashy effects and even a sinister grin and maniacal laugh at times.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
Huitzil is a badass robot with lasers and Viktor's a joke Frankenstein who's also bottom tier.

How would Sasquatch even qualify here? He's the most played top tier character in the game.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
"The robot" jumped to mind immediately, didn't remember his name. I find that telling.

I do agree that Huitzil is pretty neat just by virtue of being a Darkstalkers character, but as far as not being popular or memorable, I bet a part of it is that, as a robot, he doesn't have much of a face or exaggerated expressions the way the rest of the cast does. Even Pyron, who's got a pretty simple/basic design, has some flashy effects and even a sinister grin and maniacal laugh at times.
consider this though
0b9da02a-f488-424c-8l4kbl.jpeg

Oct 8, 2019
Viktor's got a good story, Rikuo and Pyron have the American Darkstalkers cartoon, Sasquatch has a good design, which leaves Huitzil which is fairly boring and his story is a copy of Donovan just minus Anita actually being someone important

I feel like I've heard of Rikuo being pretty popular in some circles, because he's pretty

Rikuo is curiously attractive for a fishman

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's viktor, hutzil actually got played

Daigo fucking mained bish and sas is like SS tier

felineki

Jul 20, 2018
I don't know how good a gauge merchandise is, because back in the series' heyday all of the characters got merchandise, and then after that it's pretty much entirely Morrigan and Felicia, so it becomes a weird all or none situation.