• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Greatest Badass in Final Fantasy

• FF6: Cyan

Votes: 88 9.7%
  • FF7: Vincent

Votes: 87 9.6%
  • FF8: Siefer

Votes: 25 2.8%
  • FF10: Auron

Votes: 511 56.5%
  • FF12: Balthier

Votes: 191 21.1%
  • FF15: Gladiolus

Votes: 37 4.1%
  • Other

Votes: 138 15.2%

• Total voters

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Well yeah, he was brainwashed.
The game does a poor job of portraying that. He's unlikable even before he meets Edea, and it's unsatisfying seeing him just goofing off in the ending. At no point is he likeable, and it would have been more satisfying in the story, if he was either arrested or killed.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well he got expelled from Garden and will never be a SeeD

What? He wasn't

Ultimecia brainwashes the entirety of Galbadia at one point. It's a thing.

The game does a poor job of portraying that. He's unlikable even before he meets Edea, and it's unsatisfying seeing him just goofing off in the ending. At no point is he likeable, and if would have been more satisfying in the story, if he was either arrested or killed.

Seifer doesn't get the denouement to make his character complete, no. It's missing the bridge from turning on his friends and sacrificing Rinoa to Adel and the ending where he's goofing off with Raijin and Fujin again.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
latest

Exarch from Shadowbringers. He was always five steps ahead of the villains.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Quina.

Dreams of eating delicious food and never gives up, just goes with the flow and remains unbothered by all the drama. An iconic badass.

Oct 27, 2017
Auron is one of the only Final Fantasy characters, whose cool and aloof attitude is 100% justified throughout the story. Dude has seen some shit.

Not to mention his design is amazing, and his move-set is unnecessarily 'rule of cool' (only using two hands when serious)

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
Freya_FFIX_Art.jpg

I always thought that Freya was an underappreciated badass in FFIX. Her story is nothing BUT tragedy, but she overcomes and is one of the strongest characters in the game.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Auron drinks sake out of his bottle thing and spits it on his sword and it goes on fire and does big sake spit AOEs, I think that's pretty kino

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Orlandu.jpg

The Thunder God. Dude is a one man army who can clear entire battlefields on his own. He's essentially a living legend in the game, respected by friend and foe.
four million percent this

He's that super OP character that the game always teases you with and maybe makes a guest member for about 30 minutes before they die/return to being evil

but you get him forever

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
i knew Auron will lead by a big margin even before click the thread. And thats a good thing.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
For FFIX isn't Amarant technically the aloof badass character? He's a bit shit though. Defo much prefer Beatrix and Freya.

For FFVIII is Irvine supposed to be that badass edgy cool guy like Vincent and Balthier?

Also have I not seen any votes for Kain Highwind? Is he not like the character who started the badass companion character in FF?

Also fuck Auron. Khimari's the real bad ass.

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Disappointed by lack of FFXIII options. Lightning is one of my favorite characters, but I think the whole cast is stronger than you give them credit for. If you don't want to go with a main character, than Fang is also incredibly badass. She'll take on the world and even god for Vanille's sake. She even eventually becomes the leader of a group of hardcore desert bandits lol. And Yeul is pretty badass in her unique kind of way, too. Also, I bet you forgot about the badass scene where Hope's dad becomes best dad and protects Hope and his friends while his damn house gets shot up and bombed by the government lol.

But FF series honestly has a lot of badass characters and it's hard to choose just a single one. I appreciate the Rufus shoutout earlier, though I guess he's disqualified since he's a villain. I never actually unlocked Vincent when I played FF7 as a kid. I've been slowly playing through the game on PC and hope to finally get him to join my party this time lol

Makoto Yuki

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Beatrix beats Zidane and friends multiple times.

TG Cid is overpowered. All the sword skills. ALL THE SWORDS SKILLS.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
It's Lightning. Her complete arc is the definition of "badass", like it or not.

It also didn't go unnoticed that you assembled a real dude-bro list there.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Isn't Seifer a villain? Or by villain you mean the final boss villain?

I think Laguna was pretty badass in a "Actually changed a lot of stuff in the world" way. In the sense of just wrecking shit, it's clearly Beatrix.

Noctis0Stella

Mar 17, 2019
Im shocked that galuf from V is not there.
I mean he fought against Exdeath much longer than a normally person can do and sacrificed his life for his friends.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed by lack of FFXIII options. Lightning is one of my favorite characters, but I think the whole cast is stronger than you give them credit for. If you don't want to go with a main character, than Fang is also incredibly badass. She'll take on the world and even god for Vanille's sake. She even eventually becomes the leader of a group of hardcore desert bandits lol. And Yeul is pretty badass in her unique kind of way, too. Also, I bet you forgot about the badass scene where Hope's dad becomes best dad and protects Hope and his friends while his damn house gets shot up and bombed by the government lol.

But FF series honestly has a lot of badass characters and it's hard to choose just a single one. I appreciate the Rufus shoutout earlier, though I guess he's disqualified since he's a villain. I never actually unlocked Vincent when I played FF7 as a kid. I've been slowly playing through the game on PC and hope to finally get him to join my party this time lol
Lightning loses all credibility after "Full points for originality.. worse Birthday ever"

Some characters are just bad arses and some are just not.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Auron is my favorite out of the poll. Easily one of my favorite FF characters ever. Thunder God Cid would be my second pick. His name is fucking Thunder God Cid and they made sure to make him look as intimidating as possible in FFXIV.

latest

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
How does this list not have Sabin and TG Cid. I know everyone called them out, but one suplexed a train, the other was a one-man army that could take out the entire map by himself.