• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Guys, I know that sounds stupid, but I'm at a loss in here ever since Shawn Layden left the branch. For me it was kaizo hirai->jack Trenton-> Shawn layden-> and ???. It's not Jim Ryan right? he had other attributions, right? Also, Shawn Layden was the last person I saw on a stage talking for Sony. These days I see shuhei Yoshida talk more in behalf of playstation than anyone else, but he's not the president anymore either.

So, what gives?

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Shawn Layden was never head of Playstation. He was head of US branch though. Jim Ryan is the current head of Playstation. People assume Layden left because he didn't get that job.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Shawn Layden was never the head of PlayStation, he was the head of SCEA AFAIK.

Rick44-4

Oct 8, 2020
Guys, I know that sounds stupid, but I'm at a loss in here ever since Shawn Layden left the branch. For me it was kaizo hirai->jack Trenton-> Shawn layden-> and ???. It's not Jim Ryan right? he had other attributions, right? Also, Shawn Layden was the last person I saw on a stage talking for Sony. These days I see shuhei Yoshida talk more in behalf of playstation than anyone else, but he's not the president anymore either.

So, what gives?
Um.... jack tretton and shawn layden were never head of PlayStation, it was Kaz then Andrew house and now jim Ryan.

Oct 24, 2019
Jim Ryan

edit:
Also Jim Ryan was on a digital stage talking during the PS5 events, it would have been a physical stage like Layden was if not for COVID

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
It's Jimbo.
a6PtDLH.gif

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Before Ryan it was Andrew House who inherited from Kaz. Shu was head of worldwide studios but moved on to indies and now Hulst from Guerilla is the new head.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
i dont think they made a new one so its probably still this guy

latest

Oct 27, 2017
It's Jim Ryan, Jack Trenton and Shawn Layden were only in charge of the USA branch before the reorganization. After Kaz Hirai, it was Andrew House, then John Kodera (less than a year) then Jim Ryan.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
Shawn Layden was in charge of SIE America, and then later SIE World Wide Studios, a position now occupied by Herman Hulst.
Jim Ryan is president of Sony Interactive Entertainment. Kodera was his predecessor. Andrew House was Kodera's predecessor who replaced Kaz Hirai who replaced Krazy Ken.

Status
Not open for further replies.