• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
While Joe Exotic might be at the center of the show, is he actually the biggest psychopath out of all of the exotic animal owners?

There are some batshit crazy people in this show, and I'm not quite sure if Joe Exotic is even the craziest.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
Keeping lions and tigers like regular pets requires such a high level of psychopathy that you can't even guess who's the most insane anymore.

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
I had this discussion with my wife the other day.

They're all off the charts, but I feel that Joe is a least aware he is, whilst Doc Antle and Carole probably think they are normal, which makes me think they are slightly more.

And yeah, put a poll OP!

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
All the main players have their shit storms around them, but freaking Doc seems like the worst person.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
All of them need to be jailed going by the show, who knew people into big cats are all horrible people?

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
They left out a bunch of racist and manipulative things that Joe did from the Netflix doc, so maybe him.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
The tigers were pretty selfish and cruel imo. Look at the way they act when there's an opportunity for extra food

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Doc Antle preys on young girls, makes them live with him until they get old enough to marry. Then emotionally abused them into getting plastic surgery. He's definitely the worst hands down. He probably treats tigers better than women tbh

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Doc Antle is the one I despise the most, But the only two people in that show I could ever talk to are the one armed lady and the main tiger keeper in Joes zoo

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Mario Tabraue is the inspiration for Tony Montana and his drug operation had an informant killed, his body dismembered with a chainsaw, and the pieces lit on fire.

And if you're the type who believes Carole Baskin killed her husband, Tabraue actually had to go to court after his first wife was found mysteriously dead with ten gunshot wounds.

But I guess he's not as much of a character as Joe or Doc. Literally stuffing animals full of drugs is apparently just not up there on the quirkymeter.

Doc Antle is the one I despise the most, But the only two people in that show I could ever talk to are the one armed lady and the main tiger keeper in Joes zoo
Just a note, Saff is a guy.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Joe Exotic is the obvious one of course but Doc Antle seemed nuts to me. Complete narcissist, and he essentially runs a cult and brainwashes his "apprentices" into living near him and dating him.

Joelington

Sep 13, 2019
Canada
They're all off the charts crazy, but if you had to rank the three...

Doc > Carole > Joe

Despite his larger than life attitude, Joe at least has a slight, (and I mean slight), modicum of self-awareness that he's a goddamn weirdo. At least he paid, and seemed to at least care about most of the people in his staff.
Carole seems like a crazy old cat lady with a ton of money. Plus she treated her staff like slaves and probably murdered her husband.
Doc has the whole sex-cult guru thing going on, so he takes the top of the craziness podium... At least in my opinion.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Mario Tabraue is the inspiration for Tony Montana and his drug operation had an informant killed, his body dismembered with a chainsaw, and the pieces lit on fire.

And if you're the type who believes Carole Baskin killed her husband, Tabraue actually had to go to court after his first wife was found mysteriously dead with ten gunshot wounds.

But I guess he's not as much of a character as Joe or Doc. Literally stuffing animals full of drugs is apparently just not up there on the quirkymeter.

Just a note, Saff is a guy.
Oh shit, my bad

Unfortunate misgendering on my end aside, seemed like an all around decent person (from watching the show)

Rodan

Nov 3, 2017
Doc and Joe are neck and neck. They both prey on and manipulate young people for sexual gratification and ego-stroking. In Joe's case it seems he lures vulnerable people in by running the place like a drug den, whereas Doc seems to runs things with more overt cultish organization... I don't know which is worse. They both treat endangered species like playthings. They're tied at the top of the shitpile IMO

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Doc hasn't gotten his comeuppance yet for running a sex cult.

Plus he speaks like Mugatu from Zoolander.

Dr. Giggles

Oct 31, 2017
I honestly thought doc was a fucking psychopath. Who the fuck takes up the name that means "friend of god"? Lol. He just seemed like a controlling and manipulative prick.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Doc is creepiest. Besides the sex cult, he also gassed tigers after they started to grow out of cub petting (allegedly!!!).

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
It's a testament to how fucking batshit insane they are, that the drug kingpin who literally watched someone get chopped up to pieces doesn't immediately be the answer.
Joe is probably the most deranged and stupidest out of the main 3, Doc the most slimy and Carole the most vindictive and smartest, but as someone else said to have Tigers and Lions as pets (hundreds at that) you are already so far gone it's hard to even compare.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Joe and Doc basically have the same crimes but Doc is a lot smarter; Joe is the biggest idiot out of them all. He also caused one of his lovers to spiral into depression and kill himself. And the person who killed himself had his own mother working for Joe too. But, I totally believe Doc is doing some other crazy shit that he knows to keep his mouth shut on. Who the fuck knows with that guy but he has sinister vibes all over himself, plus it seems to have a lot of connects in different places (entertainment/politics). The one saving grace for Joe is that he seemed like he intentionally started all this for a good cause while Doc was already selling cubs to drug lords when he first started.

Carole is just weird and probably not that great of a wife when to me it seems like she loves looking down on her current husband based on those wedding photos. I don't believe she is capable of killing anyone tho.

So it's a toss up between Joe and Doc, but Doc is the one that I think fits most to what a true psychopath is.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Doc and then Jeff. What we saw in the show has gotta just be the tip of the iceberg for Jeff I feel like, and that he got off relatively scott free in the murder for hire is just bonkers.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
They are all as bad as each other.

Joe was egotistic weapon of a guy, treated his staff like shit and just all around crazy.

Doc with his mad sex cult preying on teen girls.

Carole ran essentially the same operation as the others with the animals, but clearly wanted to be king of the castle. The way she hounds Joe, at least as the show portrays it plays a part in him going downhill mentally. Regardless of whether she killed her husband or not, she still quite clearly forged the will and fucked her ex husbands family out of what they were due.

They are all massive weapons.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
giphy.gif

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
When you look at the big picture Joe really was a monster. The reason most seem able to forgive that is that he is funny and charismatic in his own weird way. At the same time he was abusive to his animals, employees, and lovers. He killed animals freely and used drugs to control his boyfriends. He treated his employees as slaves and really did not even pretend to have anything but selfish intentions. The other Tiger guy was just as bad but too many let Joe off the hook.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That guy Joe hired to pull off the hit is low key the most terrifying dude on the show.

For real though, Joe talked about his recently deceased husbands balls at his funeral in front of his mom and then later invited her out to a get together with his new husband for a photo op. There are more dangerous people in the show (Doc isn't that far behind), but Joe Exotic takes the cake.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
I think we shouldn't forget that Scarface drug lord guy. He gave me a downright demonic vibe wich only the Doc could come anywhere near.

Kinketsu

Nov 17, 2017
Doc I think does not even have meth as an excuse, he is just a terrifying human being. The problem is that they are all living or "believing" lies they have told themselves so many times they probably no longer know or care what is true. Doc I feel just has more of that darkness animating a human skin-type mania as opposed to the other two. I think deep inside the other two know and somehow, somewhere suffer inside themselves for what they are, be that murderers or horrible exploiters of people and animals or whatever. I think Doc has passed beyond that.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
That guy Joe hired to pull off the hit is low key the most terrifying dude on the show.

For real though, Joe talked about his recently deceased husbands balls at his funeral in front of his mom and then later invited her out to a get together with his new husband for a photo op. There are more dangerous people in the show (Doc isn't that far behind), but Joe Exotic takes the cake.

On one hand, it was incredibly trashy, but on the other (and this might be my Mexican side coming up), I can kinda appreciate celebrating the dead in a way they'd like.

I think Jeff Lowe and Doc are the most fucked up of the bunch. Doc has his cult and Jeff has his insane grift going on the entire time. It seems like that guy doesn't have a dime to his name and he gets other people to fund his entire lifestyle without giving them anything.