• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

People who have played both Origins and Odyssey: Who was the better character?

• Bayek

Votes: 353 49.3%
  • Kassandra

Votes: 363 50.7%

• Total voters

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Tough choice, but I'm going with Kassandra. Bayek is probably more nuanced, but Kassandra is fun. The way she says "malaka!" is great.

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Went with Bayek, he just edges out Kassandra for me but really it could be a toss, both characters were great.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Bayek. His relationship with Aya was incredible. One of the best portrayals of a strained relationship in a videogame. Bayek also grows a lot as a character throughout the game - ubisoft deciding to tie the birth of the assassins to his character's growth was fantastic. Origins had a lot of legitimately good writing in it, even if it had saome really forgettable parts (do you even remember the main villlain's name? Bet you don't! ), I think Bayek may be Ubis' most compelling character of this gen.

Kassandra and Alexios were fun to play as characters "in the moment" but the choice system felt like it came at the expense of an actual character arc. There isn't much difference between Kassandra in the first hour and Kassandra in the last hour.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Bayek, although Kassandra does have a number of meaningful relationships and interactions with other characters as you progress in the game. Still, nothing works as well as Bayek and Aya.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Thought Bayek would be in the lead. I really connected with his story/motivations, and I preferred the lovely world and overall story too. I preferred the gameplay, QoL, and supporting cast of Odyssey though.

gimbles123

Oct 27, 2017
I like both in general, however, was more into the personality of Bayek. Also his fatherly revenge story I thought was tighter and more grounded for my taste than the Greek Epic that typifies Odyssey.

TroutEater

Apr 12, 2020
Kassandra, by far. Also because you can kinda influence the character through your choices. Bayek was ok, but also frustrated me. It felt like his actions in missions were often not in line with his personality. That said, he is still the best male AC protagonist. If I played these games for how they write their main characters I would not play them at all.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Bayek is the better protag, Egypt is a better setting, Origins is the better game.

Melpontro

Oct 25, 2017
Bayek, due to him actually being a character. The dialogue options really hurt Kassandra, and the missions clearly written expecting you to be Alexios took me out of the experience. I really wish they were able to make Kassandra the only character like originally intended, the scenes written for her were fantastic.

Adathir

Oct 25, 2017
Bayek for me and he is up there as one of the best in the series. I played as Alexios so I have no opinion on Kassandra.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
Both really good but I warm to Kassandra more. While in Odyssey they may not have done the best by the character, as an individual I just love what they've created right down the hairstyle, She comes across very humanistic and appealing personality. I think it's a great achievement in character creation. They were on a roll with Bayek Reda and then Kass, was surprising at the time how good Origins was by Ubisoft. I'm not seeing the same quality in Valhalla.

When I boot up Unity it's for Paris, Origins it's Egypt, Odyssey it's for Kassandra

Last edited:

Septy

Prophet of Truth
Nov 29, 2017
United States
Bayek is up there with Ezio for me. Such a great character in a great game. Origins is one of the best games I've ever played including the dlc.

MJnR

Mar 13, 2019
Bayek became my favorite AC protagonist by a small margin ahead of Ezio. Then it's a fight for third place between Shay and Alexios.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Bayek for sure, but then again I liked origins better than odyssey, so they probably go hand in hand.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
It's a real close call for me as I loved both of them, but Kassandra probably just edges it out given how much more time I spent playing as her.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
I really loved Kassandra.

Until I played Legacy of the First Blade. Ugh, what a sour taste that left in my mouth. Terrible DLC. I wish I hadn't played it to be honest.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I liked Bayek a lot, but Kassandra wins this one easily for me. Just preferred her voice acting (not that Bayek's is bad by any means) and her personality more. And on that subject, Odyssey also having voiced dialog choices is pretty big to me. While there isn't always a dialog choice for everything I want to say as my character, having that option meant I could inject some of my personality into my choices and what I was saying as Kassandra, which made her feel more relatable to me (vs. Bayek whose dialogue is on a fixed script).

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Both are among the best in the series, but it's a shame that Aya's starring role got reduced because it felt like she and Bayek should've had similar role as Kassandra and Alexios to pick who you'd want to play as. I liked Kassandra a bit more.