• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

People who have played both Origins and Odyssey: Who was the better character?

• Bayek

Votes: 353 49.3%
  • Kassandra

Votes: 363 50.7%

• Total voters

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
Bayek's VO was amazing, but the material they gave him is BAD. Odessey is better, but just barely

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Bayek, unquestionably- Losing the emotional weight that Origins has running through its characters and story really dented my enthusiasm for Odyssey.
Put another way, Origins felt like a story (largely because of Bayek & Aya), Odyssey felt like a series of gameplay loops with some exposition
That explains why I had almost as much fun as with Breath of the Wild

I voted for Kassandra because I had the most fun with her, but Bayek has the best storyline and serious writing. I had more fun with Odyssey but it was about the crazy shenanigans (fucking Krete lol)

thermopyle

Nov 8, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Bayek. I actually cared about his and Aya's story.

Nothing about Kassandra/Alexios is interesting in the least and I audibly groaned when you find out that

Kassandra survived until modern day just to hand off her staff to Layla then unceremoniously plop dead

t67443

Oct 30, 2017
Bayek, I liked the glimpses of his past way more. He also was more fun to watch make mistakes and all that. Compared to Kassandra where with the dialogue choices just sorta made everything sorta tough to track.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
This is really tough. I love both of them. As a charakter I like Kassandra more but the problem with here is for me she just doesn't fit into the story. It's the typical problem of the likable mass murderer protag. For Bayek there is at least a reason to fight.
But Ubi did an amazing job with both of them. Their smiles just let me melt away.

SystemBug

Oct 25, 2017
Bayek for sure. The small mannerisms his VO put in him really did such a great job to cement him as a real character. He has weight as well. The way he carries the history of his people, how much respect he has for his culture, and the gods he worships. His interaction with kids as well - it's all incredibly potent. Kassandra is a fun character but she lacks depth and all the small complexities that define Bayek.

tumblr_oykqv9LCVO1sxdljlo4_540.gif

tumblr_p305hvHQC71t4wjzko2_r1_540.gif

The fact that Kassandra is even winning this is shocking to me.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Prefer Kassandra but honestly I have a real soft spot for Evie more so than anyone from Origins or Odyssey.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Easily Bayek considering i played as Alexios who was also great. Would be harder to pick between those two.

senj

Nov 6, 2017
Bayek's the second best protagonist in the series after Ezio, for my money

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I don't have an educated opinion about who is better. Origins and Odyssey are both in my backlog.

That said, is Kassandra the better character to choose for someone playing Odyssey for the first time?

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Kassandra by a wide margin, loved her story arc and personality. Bayek bored me and I wish they went with Aya as the main character instead.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Really liked Bayek but he's been kinda ruined me after finding out he's basically an insert for the game director with the dead son storyline and that guy was exposed as a mega creep.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
I love both, and they're both Ezio tier in my opinion, but Kassandra is my favorite of the two.

I don't have an educated opinion about who is better. Origins and Odyssey are both in my backlog.

That said, is Kassandra the better character to choose for someone playing Odyssey for the first time?

Personally, I would fully recommend picking Kassandra over Alexios.

JoJoBae

Oct 25, 2017
Layton, UT
Alexios is better than either of them.
As the bad guy, yes. Big ugly dummy punching stuff with the (vaguely)Greek equivalent of a bad Russian accent. 10/10. As a protagonist? loool

I love Bayek. I feel like he had a better story than Kassandra did. But when I'm constantly pining to play as his wife instead of him, he's not even the best character in his own game. Kassandra is my loml tho. Best AC protag aside from Ezio.

She's basically canon so yes. Has way better personality and voice acting than Alexios does. By the entire breadth of the United States.

Dec 5, 2017
I really didn't like Bayek and found him really dull. The actor was good but didn't like what he had to work with at all.

Subxero

Oct 25, 2017
United States
I really liked them both so I can't choose. My favorite two characters in the series so far.

Both of them felt really well put together. Bayek seemed more like a normal guy pulled into the story. Cassandra was definitely more of a clash of the titans or Hercules type story.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'd say Bayek overall. Kassandra started out really strong, but the whole family drama stuff and larger Odyssey storyline was really weak and just not good. The whole dialogue system in Odyssey was kind of pointless too and never justified itself and I think watered down any chance for a strong and meaningful characterization for Kassandra.

Bayek wasn't exactly the most interesting character on his own, but his quest for revenge and the larger main plot stuff worked pretty well throughout the game. Aya really helped to round him out and it pains me we didn't more of her. I would have killed for a proper game set in Rome with her as the lead.

Oct 27, 2017
Bayek has by fucking far. I'm kind of baffled why people like the Odyssey protagonist so much. I guess people like that generic sarcastic "wit" despite seeing it everywhere else.

Also I played as Kassandra and I thought she just failed to convey any emotion during the most pivotal of scenes. Unlike Bayek who I legitimately felt sorry for.
I will never understand the love for Kassandrs on here. Bayek was an amazing character.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I think Kassandra's voice acting was better (though Bayek's was good in his own right!), but I enjoyed the story of Bayek and Aya more. Tough choice.

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
I love both, but Bayek's story and his relationship with Aya and his son were so well done. That scene towards the end where the ghost of his son tells him it's ok to finally let go was heartbreaking.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Bayek's "my son" backstory just felt tired to me and I didn't really engage with him even though the performance was fantastic. Kassandra was immediately understandable and I was hooked from the jump.

Crimsonskies

Alt account
Banned
Nov 1, 2019
Kassandra by a mile that final scene
Where she shows up in the cave wearing modern clothes talking to Leyla and her final prayer was heartbreaking and was so sad just imagine what she had gone through and when she said icaros is long gone was just incredibly sad

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I finished Origins but dropped off Odyssey after about 15 hours so I say Bayek but I didn't drop Odyssey because of Kassandra. Just burnt out after Origins I guess.