• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Every character has what many fans would consider to be the definitive voice like Kevin Conroy as Batman, but Spider-Man has so many voices that it's impossible to choice.

Dan Gilezan in Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends
Pretty much Bumblebee's voice.

Christopher Daniel Barnes in Spider-Man: The Animated Series
He had some good moments, but he could definitely be a little over the top at times.
"SHOOOOCKKKKERRRRR!!!! YOU CAN'T ESCAPE ME! I'LL CHASE YOU TO THE ENDS OF THE EAAAAARRRRRRRTTTTTTHHHHHH!"

Neil Patrick Harris in Spider-Man The MTV Series
Say what you will about this series, but NPH absolutely nails both Peter and Spidey in this show.

Joshua Keaton in The Spectacular Spider-Man
Keaton is fantastic and for me, the definitive Spider-Man voice.

Drake Bell in Ultimate Spider-Man
....ugh. Just terrible.

Robbie Daymond in Spider-Man
Haven't seen the show but I did hear him in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. He's okay.

Yuri Lowenthal in Spider-Man (2018 video game)
Pretty damn good if I do say so myself.

His absolute worst voice however has got to be Spider-Man: Web of Shadows, have you ever heard Peter's voice acting in that game? It's beyond horrible!

But for me, I'm going to go with Keaton. He's the best.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yuri's is probably peak Spidey for me. He can nail goofy Spidey and serious Spidey both, which not every voice actor is able to do.

"YOU KNEW" was fucking chilling.

Oct 28, 2017
I cant remember any of Spuder Mans voice actors. Nobody did it as long as Conroy or Daley did with their respective characters.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Josh Keaton with Yuri Lowenthal as a close second. I'm a huge Spectacular Spidey mark though.

OP
OP
Uzumaki Goku

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, I forgot about Rino Romano from Spider-Man Unlimited. (Freaking terrible show though. Ugh.)

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Into the Spider-verse.

I actually thought Chris Pine was the better Spidey in that movie though. Did a good job with treating the character like a grown-up version, which usually never happens and provides a better contrast for the inexperienced Miles.

They were both great. Pine made a perfect Peter in his prime years. Johnson nailed tired and cynical Peter. That bread scene was great.

Oct 25, 2017
Yuri Lowenthal

He's been around as an actor for a while, but I hope Spiderman acts like his big break like Uncharted for Nolan and TLOU for Troy.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
the fact that Spider-Man PS4 and Into the Spider Verse both came out in the same year is still mindboggling to me

both are so good

OP
OP
Uzumaki Goku

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Gotta give it to Yuri, he knocked it out of the park in that game
Josh Keaton is great too.

He probably won't do new ones. But he'll likely reprise older roles (mostly Sasuke).
Laura Bailey came back to do the Fruits Basket dub so anything is possible.

I'm sure he's contractually obligated to always play Sasuke. It was his big break into voice acting I think.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
i am biased towards Dan Gilvezan and his work during the 1980s during Marvel Prodctuions / Sunbow Entertainment

so Dan Gilvezan for me

+ he's the original Bumblebee

Last edited:

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
I just watched Into the Spiderverse there (fucking great film holy shit) and the dude that voices Fat Spider-Man was great.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

"I assume you remember our last physical encounter?"

"Painfully. But I told you then. I don't look the other way."

Instant chills

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I'm partial to Dan Gilvezan, but then I grew up on his voice. Also would always read the comics in his voice. Josh Keaton and Neil Patrick Harris also do a good job as well though.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Yuri himself did a great job, but the writing and voice direction also elevates the performance

the fact that they recorded every line Yuri says in the open world twice (one to play if Spider-Man is swinging around, one to play if Spider-Man is standing still) is just a level of detail I'm really looking forward to more games doing in the future

Deleted member 2085

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a huge soft spot for Christopher Daniel Barnes. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't love Josh Keaton's Spidey as well. Yuri does an excellent job making Spidey's voice his own.

Hard to nail down which I prefer over the rest.
I can safely say I'm not a fan of Drake Bell's Spidey. Maybe it's the dialogue or voice direction but his voice never sat right with me.

EraldoCoil

Oct 28, 2017
Cali
Having just finished the spider man game and I to the spider verse this past weekend....

I'm gonna go with the dudes who did Peter's voice in the game and the movie. Both were amazing.

OP
OP
Uzumaki Goku

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I have a huge soft spot for Christopher Daniel Barnes. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't love Josh Keaton's Spidey as well. Yuri does an excellent job making Spidey's voice his own.

Hard to nail down which I prefer over the rest.
I can safely say I'm not a fan of Drake Bell's Spidey. Maybe it's the dialogue or voice direction but his voice never sat right with me.

Yeah Josh Keaton was going to be Spidey again in A:EMH but they redubbed him with Drake Bell. Still mad about that.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Josh Keaton with Yuri Lowenthal as a close second. I'm a huge Spectacular Spidey mark though.

Ditto. Spectacular Spidey is Spider-Man to me.

VillainousSelfishAmericanlobster-size_restricted.gif

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
The 90s TAS was one of my favorites growing up so I've always got a soft sport for Barnes.

SHOOOOCKERRRRRRR!!!!!

a916

Oct 25, 2017
This is probably nostalgia and tied closely with one of my favorite cartoons but Christopher Daniel Barnes gets my vote.