• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Instead of posting the greatest I'm going to instead post one that could've become the greatest if the show wasn't cancelled so soon.

Chris Meloni as a TV dad set in the 90s? He was great.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
listen here u lil shit

Darkgable

Nov 3, 2017
Al Bundy
Homer Simpson
Al Bundy, seriously. He's protective, he cares, he provided for, he never got angry or yelled. Every episode of the series amounted to being fun. No awkward conversations like other sitcom dads.

All of the above.

But I'll add this...
my-two-dads-0b53f6a7-fff5-443f-bd5f-c99924404f8-resize-750.jpeg

Who was your favourite dad of that show?

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
If we're going through kids programs, surely...

bing.png

Flop is the only guy who constantly makes me think 'yes, that most sensible, caring and effective way of dealing with an uppity toddler, and I would (have) completely fail to do any of that stuff in the same circumstances'.

Duggie or Daddy Pig would be more fun to grow up with though.

(Edit: just remembert that the show is surprisingly coy about the relationships between characters, so we'll have to go with guardian/father-figure).

I remember the peeing dropping for me that Flop was Mark Rylance. And then The outrage when it was changed to Shameless's David Threlfall. I did not expect all these A list actors on CBBC cartoons.

Totally forgot about Coach Taylor. He's for sure up there

Mainly for putting up with Julie's shit. He's not perfect but a pretty realistic 'good dad'.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I guess it depends on if you mean who I liked watching most, or who was actually the best father.

Watch: Hal Malcom in the middle

Actual: Uncle Phil

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Cannot wait for season four, this pandemic is really causing the delay!

Best-TV-Fathers-Ranked-Peter-Griffin.jpg

Peter from Family Guy instantly came to mind but I have seen even better characters in this thread.
In one episode Peter asks god to remove his daughter from existence, and he has no regrets. In the next episode, he tries to marry his own son in some inheritance plot. He's pure evil.