• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best Ghostbuster

• Peter Venkman

Votes: 52 27.4%
  • Ray Stantz

Votes: 17 8.9%
  • Egon Spengler

Votes: 95 50.0%
  • Winston Zeddemore

Votes: 26 13.7%

• Total voters

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I did a similar thread with the TMNT, but now with the original Ghostbusters.... that's much harder for me to pick.

Do you pick:

Peter Venkman

Ray Stantz

Egon Spengler

Winston Zeddemore

Me personally, I can't choose. All 4 are so good at what they do.

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
This reminds me of the time you tried to drill a hole through your head, remember that?
That would have worked if you didn't stop me.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
All 4 are great, really, but I always liked Egon the most when I was a kid. But I love all four: Ray, Winston, Peter, Egon - all of them are such great characters and great actors. I'm really sad Harold Ramis passed away.

I think all 4 make each other work, like, it is how they act together that makes each one of them even more interesting.

And now I want to watch Ghostbusters I and II again!

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
giphy.gif

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Obviously it's Winston. He's here to a do a job and get paid, a level of professionalism the others sorely lack.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Anyone but peter... that intro trying to hit on the underage student was creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppy

Voted for winston because I can relate =P

tangeu

Oct 27, 2017
Even though he gets less screen time Winston was always my favorite as a kid.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Peter or Egon

Peter had the charm, Egon had the science. Ray was just in the middle.

Winston just along for the paycheck

Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You forgot to put the actual best Ghostbuster in the poll.

Louis Tulley got his law degree in night school, yunno.

Oct 27, 2017
Egon, but Winston had the most memorable lines.

"if someone asks if you're a god,you say yes!" plus that whole exchange with Ray in the Ecto-1.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
Not voting, but Ray and Winston are my favorites. I like their scene in the first Ghostbusters, where it's just them in Ecto 1.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
It's probably Winston, but I don't know if that's my general love for Ernie Hudson seeping through to the character.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
As much as I love GB1, always bums me out how little screentime Winston gets in it, wish he could've been brought in earlier. Wonder what it would've been like if they'd kept the script from the planned Eddie Murphy casting, instead of going on to shrink that part

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When I was a kid I would have said Peter.

But now I gotta go with Ray. His child like enthusiasm for the occult and the supernatural is genuine, and he's the only one of the four that actually seems like he wants to bust some ghosts. Ray is the one true Ghostbuster.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Egon with his whole "modern mad scientist" vibe. Winston is second due to his no-nonsense, get it done attitude. I like Ray, but he screws up too much to be at the top. And while Peter is the funniest, he just doesn't take his job seriously enough to be in the running.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
Winston sucked. Felt like an afterthought of a character. So my vote is none of the above:

Moranis_1_embed.jpg

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I've always had a soft spot for ray. He has a child like love and excitement for the all the supernatural/pseudoscience that is contagious.

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC
I got to say Egon because hes an actual character.

Peter and Ray are pretty much Bill and Dan with the volume turned up.

No offense to Winston he got some great lines towards the end of the film.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
No love for Ray? I always loved his technobabble and how he gets burned out over the course of the movie.

"The light is green, the trap is clean".

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
My wife and I both love Winston and feel he's severely under-rated. But I also love Ray and Egon. Peter is a date rapist (who brings tranquillizers to a date?!).