• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best duo

• Mario and Luigi

Votes: 401 51.2%
  • Link and Zelda

Votes: 55 7.0%
  • Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong

Votes: 40 5.1%
  • Sonic and Tails

Votes: 95 12.1%
  • Ryu and Ken

Votes: 57 7.3%
  • Joel and Ellie

Votes: 106 13.5%
  • Scorpion and Sub-Zero

Votes: 29 3.7%

• Total voters

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Most of these options really don't operate as duos nor complement each other. I really didn't think of pairs like Ryu & Ken or Scorpion & Sub-Zero as duos since they don't work together in a pair (in gameplay, ignoring storylines) and are more rivals. Same for Mario & Luigi and Link & Zelda who really don't operate in pairs outside of specific games. (Mario & Luigi series, TLoZ Spirit Tracks)

I guess for two most iconic characters on the list though it's easily Mario & Luigi. At least DK & Diddy, Sonic & Tails, and Joel & Ellie help each other in their games.

My main answer is Banjo & Kazooie.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
Between Chloe and Max, Lee and Clem or Joel and Ellie.

Most of those in the poll, while obviously iconic characters, are totally uninteresting to me.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Everybody knows it's Mario & Luigi, but the hipsters will throw out every duo you forgot about until you read their response.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How has Kratos and Boi not been said yet?
god_of_boi_by_nightrizer-dcb2owt.png

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing Mario and Luigi win this poll gives a bit of credence to what people say about this place lol.
Like, the Mario Bros. very rarely interact in the mainline games, to the point that it doesn't even feel like they're a duo outside of the rpg spinoff. Shit, Mario didn't even bother taking his little brother on vacation with him, smh.

Also Banjo & Kazooie and Jak & Daxter should've replaced those last two options, OP 😤

SonicRift

Oct 27, 2017
Ratchet and Clank were the first to come to my mind.
I need to play more of those games. I've only played the first one and the remake of the first one... What's wrong with me?

CJCW?

Oct 27, 2017
Ratchet and Clank for me. Their personalities mesh really well, and they honestly just seem like such wholesome buds.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
There's just some things you shouldn't involve Mario in. Like, who can realistically contend with Mario in a poll?

Without M & L my votes goes to Ryu and Ken.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
X and Zero for me.

Actually you know what, Megaman has some great duos

Megaman-Nt-Warrior-image-megaman-nt-warrior-36508670-320-320.jpg

pnggurucom.png

I might actually go with EXE and Lan, but Omega-Xis and Geo are great together too. Tough choice.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Arthas and Kel'Thuzad is my favourite. Such a fun, unique story arc and dynamic.

Going from killing the other to a villainous bromance in undeath. Absolute madlads.

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
Wander and Agro

I initially wanted to vote for Mario and Luigi because it's seems such an obvious choice, but then I thought about the fact most of my favorite Nintendo games don't actually include them playing... ya know... together. So my vote goes to Ken and Ryu.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Everybody knows it's Mario & Luigi, but the hipsters will throw out every duo you forgot about until you read their response.

In most of their appearances they don't even really interact. What even is their relationship dynamic? Do they have chemistry? Who even knows.

They're iconic in terms of name-recognition, but there's nothing actually good about them as a duo compared to basically any of the characters people have listed who actually have meaningful character interactions.

Matty H

Oct 31, 2017
Chief and Cortana not being an option is a whiff.
Surely there's gotta be a Troy and Nolan option too.