• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"tier lists are stupid"

they just represent who is popular, if you love your F tier animals it doesn't make the list wrong, it just means most people don't think that highly of your villager. high tier animals are highly sought after and can net you lots of tickets.

Oh no

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Camofrog is pretty great, my fiancé has him. Always crafting stuff and singing.

Ryutaryi

Oct 25, 2017
Saw this in the OT and I think it's a perfect representation of the players who focus way too much on tier lists

w57f57uqj0x41.jpeg
The best detail about the comic is that the villager uses the '3' mouth, the only one I've seen used by people who run these rackets. I see through your cute disguise, you devils!

Seriously, most villagers I've come across have been real cool regardless of rank. Just got Klaus, a giveaway tier villager, and he gave me a mountain bike so he's cool in my book. I have Sherb, who is pretty high tier, who is told DIY recipes by bugs and says p'sghetti so he's cool too. Lots of good villagers regardless of rank.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Carmen should be higher

I like how I came across Merengue twice on island excursions and both times I was like nah

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
EUvjOXGUEAAHf8H

Murphy was one of my original 6 villagers on the GameCube when I was a kid and then they removed him from the series until New Leaf's Welcome Amiibo update. I generally try to get villagers I've never had before when I play AC, but I had to have him again after they did him dirty like that. He's adorable and it's wild to me he's untiered, even if his design is somewhat plain.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
I lucked out here I guess, I like Jakey (as he's called in my version of the game) and he moved into one of those boring plots you furnish for them. In his case he got the log furniture with a dirt floor which I think works for him.

Now Stu, my other lazy villager, on the other hand lives in alley full of random items. I decorated his yard appropriately with a popcorn machine, a wheelchair, weeds and ants.

Deleted member 31333

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
What? No mention of Ronald? There is an entire subreddit dedicated to hating that hamster and it is hilarious.

cdViking

Oct 28, 2017
Jacques is a Jacques Cousteau-inspired Bird DJ full of existential ennui. Axel challenged me to a race the next time I visit my partner's island, and is confident he can beat me there because he's practicing his backstroke. I have a couple S-tiers (Mariana, Zucker) and they're cute, but they don't touch my "undesirables".

danielvdell

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Feb 12, 2019
Los Angeles
EUvjOXGUEAAHf8H

Murphy was one of my original 6 villagers on the GameCube when I was a kid and then they removed him from the series until New Leaf's Welcome Amiibo update. I generally try to get villagers I've never had before when I play AC, but I had to have him again after they did him dirty like that. He's adorable and it's wild to me he's untiered, even if his design is somewhat plain.

Another Murphy fan! He was one of my starting villagers on the GameCube, too. I remember his house kind of weirding me out as a kid, haha.

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I just said bye to Egbert today.

I also have an emo horse I want to get rid of so I'm ignoring him as well.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I just said bye to Egbert today.

I also have an emo horse I want to get rid of so I'm ignoring him as well.

Ignoring a villager or hitting them with your net does nothing to get them to leave. Datamining has shown that it's a randomized event. The only way you can choose a villager to leave is by using an Amiibo card to get a new villager to move in.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
How the fuck is Cleo in untiered? She's pretty awesome and has a great house. It's an office, like Raymond's (though more less like a CEO personal office and more of a general floor office). Her catchphrase is sugar, and a snooty villager having anime eyes is hilarious.

latest

latest
I remember in the original Animal Crossing she was one of the meanest neighbors. I used to dig holes around her property so she couldn't leave her house.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Finally got rid of Bubbles yesterday after trying to ignore her since the first week. The only 2 villagers I have now that I like are Clyde and Julian. I would kill for Ankha and Robofrog.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Didn't know Jacob existed before I ran into him on a mystery island, and that's just... tragic

EXbsX9lUEAE2wmC

He's so pretty and vibrant. A tropical bird villager just really helps to sell the island theme, and he's so nice to look at

EXbsyhEU4AAqEGc

Came here to post this. I had Jacob as one of my initial villagers and fell in love, a perfect fit for the early stages of my island with his colors and love for camping. I couldn't believe he was tiered so low. Then, once I learned that your initial villagers couldn't upgrade their homes I looked his up and....

House_of_Jacob_NH.jpeg

I was horrified. Suddenly his tier placement and mention of bugs in his home made sense. I will never let this wonderful bird move, and he will forever live in a nice cozy log cabin up in my forest, lol.

DSync

Oct 27, 2017
Peewee! I love him! He's been in my AC games since Wild World!

Edit: Someone very kindly DM'd me on Twitter and gave me Peewee!

Last edited:

Ms. Virion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Frozen Hoosier Wasteland
*Checks her villagers*

Del being in D makes sense, a lot of his charm is due to his battleship inspiration and that's not immediately obvious.
Boone being untiered hurts my soul. He's the only gorilla I actually like the look of and is my favorite jock, he's colorful and fun, and is one of my favorite villagers in the entire series.

But Papi being in D is an honest to god crime.

This is Papi.

8FkDz9Q.png

Papi is an Okapi. He is cute as a button. He is a good boy and deserves love. He has unique coloring, pushes the boundary of his 'species' since Okapis are actually related to giraffes, not horses and has the cutest catchphrae of 'Haaay.'

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Another Murphy fan! He was one of my starting villagers on the GameCube, too. I remember his house kind of weirding me out as a kid, haha.
He was one of my OG 6 villagers on the cube like yourself and the user you quoted, and I vividly recall entering his house, the sounds ofK.K. D&B and then getting immediately shit talked by his grouchy arse when making the introduction.
Left me somewhat shook at the time in all honestly

Had no idea they bumped him out of other games all this time, outrageous!

OP
OP
Lump

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Flo is leaving today. Shame that penguin never looked good in any of the outfits I threw at her (despite Vesta being of similar girth and looking pretty good in the outfits I gave her - maybe that wool is the secret sauce).

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Bud is... well, my bud. "Untiered" lol.

HuLjwWB.png

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I am 100% convinced that Pekoe is only in C tier because the creepy goons that obsess over the S tier villagers have no idea how cool her house is, or how cute she looks and acts in this game.
latest
175px-Pekoe_NH.png

Not enough of those strange people have had her (or know of her existence.) If they did there would be fan art everywhere. I kind of like that they're too busy with whatever they're doing to ruin her for now.