• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rangerx

Oct 25, 2017
Dangleberry
As a European I remember during the Bush years that literally everyone hated him. He was completely despised by everyone I knew. Bizarrely I've actually met some people who like Trump. From my own point of view I would have to go with Bush. The body count and legacy that we're still dealing with today puts him atop death mountain. America and it's presidents has done a lot of shit things though. There is fierce competition.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Trumps COVID response is far worse than Bushes Iraq War and Catrina disaster combined. This makes Trump directly responsible for every American under lockdown, businesses shutting down and people losing their homes. Trump is solely responsible for this economic crash during this. And, that's Covid alone, stack all the other crazy bullshit and it's a no contest.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trumps COVID response is far worse than Bushes Iraq War and Catrina disaster combined. This makes Trump directly responsible for every American under lockdown, businesses shutting down and people losing their homes. Trump is solely responsible for this economic crash during this. And, that's Covid alone, stack all the other crazy bullshit and it's a no contest.

I'm sure all Iraqi's will be saying a prayer for the American economy tonight. I mean, of course the 1.2 million Bush killed can't, but I'm sure those that remain will see how Trump damaging the American economy makes the slaughter of their countrymen pale into insignificance.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
600k deaths, 37 million people have been displaced since, both conservative estimates.

But hey, what is that compared to American lives

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
It annoys me how many Americans quickly forget the atrocities their presidents do outside America. As long as they're not impacted, who cares?

To me, it's Bush, clearly.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bush's impact on the rest of the world and particularly the Middle East is something that will continue to remain relevant in three decades from now. Trump's foreign policy has been nowhere near as (immediately) devastating as Bush's and Trump's anti-environmental denialism is basically a continuation of Bush's.

The actual answer is Buchanan though.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Trump didn't kill a million Iraqis, he would have but he didn't, so there's that.

Well he's going to have a body count of at least 500,000 Americans. Not to mention the lives lost when we pulled out and left the Kurds to be slaughtered. Which, again, proves my point. The last three republican presidents have been the worst presidents in modern history.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For the people who only care to count American deaths, Reagan handled the AIDS crisis worse than Trump handled COVID and 700,000 Americans have died from AIDS.

tangeu

Oct 27, 2017
Even ignoring COVID, Trump has explicitly stated and has worked toward ending democracy in America and wants be installed as a fascist dictator. Sure he failed, but the groundwork has been laid, and somewhere around 50% of Americans not only are OK with that but enthusiastically support it. The next person might succeed, unless some serious safeguards are put in place. That alone should put him pretty high up on any "Worst Of" list.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Trump is the worst because of his paralysis and essentially non functioning during covid19. There have been many presidents who have done terrible things to many people, but ultimately the job is head "direction setter / cheerleader" for the United States and whether you fundamentally disagree with what a President did or did not do, all of them in the past moved the country along in a path and let history judge whether they made the right decisions or not.

Trump in 2020 really was essentially the CEO who raged at his subordinates for not making things better while not really giving regular instructions on what he wants done, other than "make me great". Fine for most years, a catastrophe during a disaster.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
My vote goes for Reagan and Truman.

Reagan for what is and Truman for what could have been.

Reagan is such a big reason for why capitalism and racism is what it is today. The current state of society starts with him.

Truman got lucky. His diplomatic handling of the USSR was idiotic strongman bullshit. He could have easily ended the world.

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
Trump will be in the conversation for worst of all time. That's guaranteed. GW Bush is par for the course when warmongering is weighed in, unfortunately.

Cosmo Kramer

Prophet of Regret - Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
México
The one that failed to act when informed of a vert real threat to his country from terrorists living and training in it and then weighed fucking war against a country when they terrorist theat became very real killing even mlre innocent people, creating more terrorist threats and more hatred towards his country

Captain_Vyse

Jun 24, 2020
For Modern Presidents

Reagan: The destruction of the American Middle Class started with him. Because of him so many working class people believe in the trickle down economics BS. Not to mention he wanted Iran to hold the hostages longer to hurt Carter, and Iran-Contra. He's a traitor.

G.W. Bush- Was too busy being on his vacation to listen to the warnings for 9/11. 9/11 might have been stopped if he would have bothered to listen. Led the US into two disastrous wars that destabilized that entire region of the world. Trillions of dollars wasted, and millions of lives affected because he wanted to play War Time President. Couldn't be bothered to respond timely to Hurricane Katrina. Then, thanks to extreme Republican deregulation, cratered the economy with the great recession.

Trump- He, and the GOP who kisses his ass, have done enormous harm to our institutions. A large percentage of the country now believes the entire system is rigged, unless they win. Sure, there were always people in the fringes who thought that, but party leaders didn't entertain the BS until Trump. Makes me think that every Republican he losses will just scream fraud from now on. Trump is trying to overturn the results of a free and fair election, and the GOP is going along with him. If we didn't have Democratic control of the House (along with Dem Governors in PA, MI, and WI), he would probably succeed. Obviously his biggest failing is COVID-19. He just took the Chinese President's word that it was all under control. We now know from the Woodward tapes that he knew how deadly COVID-19 was from the beginning, but choose to largely ignore the issue. At least 100,000 unnecessary deaths, millions of unnecessary infected, and massive economic damage. He has been a an utter disaster for the world.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's totally fair to blame Bush for 9/11. You have to remember that his transition team was late to the party because of the election debacle, which put national security at risk.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
maxresdefault.jpg

ArchStanton

Oct 29, 2017
You can make an argument that 3 of the Top 5 worst presidents were elected since 1980: Reagan, Dubya, and Trump. And probably four of the Top 5 since 1970 with Nixon.

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes it's Trump! My cuzzo is a Sys architect in the capitol. The DAY he just had! I could barely work today my damn self! FUCKERY OUT HERE!

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
Bush Jr. was my #1 with a bullet. But Trump this year probably took it.

We might actually be on the way to a civil war because of this fascist.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
After today, no other President tried to hold onto power.

I think Trump takes the crown

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone thinking today's events takes Trump past Bush, google 'Brooks Brothers riot'.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Trump is a idiot but Bush created ISIS, started 2 wars and plunged the world in chaos

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm wrong but I'd say Trump is the most dangerous to us domestically. But yes, Bush is far more heinous to the world and I'd still consider the absolute worst.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
I still stand by with Reagan

Fuck Reagan

But Trump is the worst acting after starting a coup, terroioist waiving the Confederate flag and someone getting shot inside the Capitol Building.

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone thinking today's events takes Trump past Bush, google 'Brooks Brothers riot'.
I'm familiar, and it is a sadly forgotten chapter in attempting to undermine our democratic republic, but I'm not sure you are understanding it if you think that is worse than what took place today? Where a sitting President directly fomented and continues to defend and incite acts of sedition and treason that resulted into an unprecedented Beer Hall Putsch style coup on the US capital....Especially when Trump already fomented and incited dozens of Brooks Brothers Riot style attempts to shut down vote counting in multiple districts during the election

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For the world, I do not think it was Trump.

For the USA, Trump is in the running. Or history is filled with such extreme sin though.

Oct 25, 2017
Remember that you guys had people that directed genocide against native americans, war criminals and slave owners as presidents .