• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Topic.

• Chris

Votes: 88 50.0%
  • Jake

Votes: 43 24.4%
  • Joe

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other

Votes: 19 10.8%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
I think Jake has actually in game lore backing him but Chris obviously has better feats. Joe doesn't punch in anywhere near the same weight class despite doing pretty well for himself overall.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Jake knocks out a fucking Tyrant with his bare hands.

foh with your boulder memes

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't gotten around to playing RE7 yet, but I thought it was meant to be a return to more serious survival horror. That dude is bare-knuckle boxing Swamp Thing...

Oct 25, 2017
Jake is pretty much super human, so he's first.
Joe is second. Fighting monsters with his bare hands and tearing them apart. He could probably even hold his own against Jake.
Chris is a distant 3rd. His only feat that even comes close is rolling a boulder. He's very strong, but not to comical or superhuman levels like the other two.

Kapten

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
I haven't gotten around to playing RE7 yet, but I thought it was meant to be a return to more serious survival horror. That dude is bare-knuckle boxing Swamp Thing...

It's from the DLC, so they had some fun with it.

The main story in RE7 is a return and not as action-heavy at all.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Jake, without a doubt. He's supernatural.

Chris and Joe are strong. But they're not G/T/whatever-Virus fueled.

OP
OP
Yukari

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Isn't Jake literally superhuman to a degree?
I think Jake has actually in game lore backing him but Chris obviously has better feats.
Jake is pretty much super human, so he's first.
Jake, without a doubt. He's supernatural.
Jake but that's kinda cheating.
Chris for regular human.

Guy,Jake is Regular Human like Everyone Else. He only have immunity any virus from Wesker Sperm.
He was born 1992 before Wesker become Neo on 1998.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Jake is my favorite new RE protagonist, who the hell is Joe? The guy that gets like 30 minutes of screen time in RE7 DLC?

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
RE6 should not be canon
Am I the only one here who loves that both grounded and the ludicrous scenarios exist in the RE universe? I love that high octane boulder punching and more subdued horror stories are happening in the same world with some of the same characters. It reminds me of comics. Think about the disparity of tone and place with Avengers and Frank Castle. I view Jake Muller and Ethan Winters in a similar light.

#KeepRE6Canon #KeepRE5Canon

Last edited:

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Jake (goes one on one unarmed with BOWs)>Joe (takes on heavily mutated Jack several times in unarmed combat.)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chris (routinely gets all his men in his squad killed, routinely loses to Albert Wesker, and people like Arias, even Lucas Baker in non mutated form gets the jump on Chris.)

Chris is a cool dude, but he is the absolute definition of a jobber. He's Resident Evil's Yamaha,

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
Yeah, it's said the C-Virus had no effect on Jake. Since he has Wesker's immunity, it seems as if Jake is just a normal guy.

But he definitely comes off as someone that's enhanced.

Anyway, going by feats alone:

Jake>Joe>Chris

evilromero

Oct 27, 2017
I played RE6 and I can't even remember who Jake is. Also I swear we had a similar topic to this recently. What's the fascination with the story and characters of RE anyway? I'm not sure I understand their appeal and this is coming from a huge fan of the series.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Anyone voting Joe over Chris hasn't played the DLC. Joe is shoving his fist through molded faces with no gloves. Chris doesn't even come close to that in NAH.

Joe might be older, but I'm positive he could break Chris like Bane did to Batman.

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Chris only had to use around 10% of his power in order to beat Wesker. Any suggestion that he's not the strongest is frankly ridiculous.

Who even are Jake and Joe anyway?

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People who don't vote Joe haven't played the RE7 DLC. Ex-soldier who excelled in boxing and wrestling. He doesn't use guns, he just beats the shit out of everything.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
I think scientifically- Jake is because he actually has some virus superhuman enhancement.

In terms of what we get in game though- Joe is pretty much ridiculous, as while everyone else relies on firearms to take down foes (Chris included, even if he does retain the punch of doom), Joe literally just takes on the whole hoard with bare fists, even taking out Jack Baker for once and all- far as I know he has no "enhancement" other than his ability to happily eat bugs and shit to keep himself ticking.