• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is more disturbing?

• Hisoka

Votes: 65 69.1%
  • Illumi

Votes: 29 30.9%

• Total voters

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
So in Hunter X Hunter both Hisoka and Illumi are pretty depraved and disturbing. Hisoka with his fixation on finding strong opponents and waiting for the "fruits" of the protagonist to ripen and Ilumi with his twisted sense of affection for Killua. Between the two who do you find more disturbing and creepy?

Hisoka:

c16b3d636ead4e9b0affd4c74a5fbb28.jpg

d686950891aa92eb79d77956d8249ce4.png

4e724308340065c32d171053dbef7e97.jpg

ae97094b799eff9dcbb6260d286cffc8.jpg

Or Illumi:

da9958b7147f1c3ab7321c323646ddad.jpg

5eff3f5aa532ca0e7835be4ccbf0ec12a7c29eb9_00.jpg

27b8b196a3264f2041b76169d4d53737.jpg

latest

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hisoka was checking out Gon and Killua from the back, whatchu think

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hisoka.

Illumi is just murderous and manipulative to an extreme degree. Hisoka has, like, a whole *complex*.

It's a bit of an aside, but also from a storytelling perspective I love how the story uses both of these characters, as they're allied most of the time but their motivations still fundamentally differ and it makes it really interested when they conflict.

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
They are really alike. They are both unpredictable, creepy af, they can both disguise themselves and their nen types are opposite each other on the nen diagram. No wonder they're 'friends'

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
Hisoka gets his rocks off by fighting/killing strong people. Even better if he can see them "ripen" before his eyes. Illumi is a trained assassin who twisted his duty to "protect" the next head of his clan with what he thinks is familial love.

It's Hisoka.

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
Hisoka definitely is perverse and weird, but the election arc pushes it over to Illumi for me. Hisoka kills people without caring, but Illumi actively destroys them, using needles to turn them into zombies, with no possibility of being saved. He also straight up mind controls his brother for years in order to try to try to get more power at his disposal.

Hisoka is definitely weird and creepy, but at least feels like a human, can have relationships, and can be reasoned with. Illumi is on another level.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Hisoka definitely is perverse and weird, but the election arc pushes it over to Illumi for me. Hisoka kills people without caring, but Illumi actively destroys them, using needles to turn them into zombies, with no possibility of being saved. He also straight up mind controls his brother for years in order to try to try to get more power at his disposal.

Hisoka is definitely weird and creepy, but at least feels like a human, can have relationships, and can be reasoned with. Illumi is on another level.
Yeah with Hisoka he can be "reasoned with" and is more "human" compared to Illumi who is just a complete nut job when it comes to Killua. Like, somehow, Hisoka treats Gon better than Illumi treats Killua. It sounds crazy but it's true

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly think I'd more likely to survive being in the same room as Hisoka than being in the same room as Illumi.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hisoka only really goes after the strong though while illumi has been shown to kill normal people with no hesitation. i'd bet he has a ton more casualties than hisoka does. i would have to go with illumi. by casualties i mean people outside of his targets of assassination. like i wouldn't put it past him to blow up a plane full of people to get at his target.

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
I honestly think I'd more likely to survive being in the same room as Hisoka than being in the same room as Illumi.

This is my reasoning as well. Hisoka wouldn't give two shits about my weak ass, but I'm at a risk of getting turned into a needle zombie just by being in the same city as Illumi.

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You can reason with Hisoka - tell him you know a powerful guy for him to fight. Illumi has no hesitation. Hisoka has excited crazy eyes. Illumi has those huge empty abyss eyes. You don't know what's in them.

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hisoka gets a boner from 14 year old kids, dude is beyond disturbing.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
This thread made me realize/remember that Hisoka is like a really perverted version of Goku.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Genthru is up there. He's not disturbing in the same ways as Hisoka or Illumi per say, he's just a gigantic piece of shit who casually murders people left and right and laughs about it like it was nothing while high fiving his bros over the still smoldering corpse. Illumi is an uncaring murderer as well but Genthru and his buddies are like the local Frat getting the ability to blow people up by touching them.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Hisoka gets turned by the thought of a challenging opponent.

Illumi loves Kilua to the point of mind-raping him with brain needles.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh let's not forget the Phantom Troupe has murdered thousands of people and committed literal genocide.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Is Hisoka actually a pedo or does he just get turned on by power itself (ie. Not people, just someone's intangible anime power). I haven't seen the show in a while so I might've forgotten something.

It's hard to apply real life logic to anime characters sometimes.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, gonna have to go with the character that has a thing for kids.
He's a great villain, but also a disgusting creepazoid.

Is Hisoka actually a pedo or does he just get turned on by power itself (ie. Not people, just someone's intangible anime power). I haven't seen the show in a while so I might've forgotten something.

It's hard to apply real life logic to anime characters sometimes.
There's a scene in Greed Island in the 2011 anime where Gon and Killua have Hisoka go in front of them because he starts creeping on them from behind while they're walking.

I suspect he's only "attracted to" strong people (in that he finds them hot and also wants to kill them), its just that he doesn't care if they are a kid or not, which... eugh.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I think the greed island thing was meant to be a gag. Hisoka is aroused by fighting not by people themselves
also, he has a thing for machi sooo