• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Uh oh, it looks like a voice actor made the mistake of asking for decent pay and is now being replaced. Scrapping the bottom of the barrel, the dev is looking for a cheap replacement, and you think you have what it takes to get into voice acting. Question is, who do you think you can voice and do the character justice in your own deluded way of thinking you're actually talented enough for such a role when ultimately you're not.

Me personally, I'd voice Noob Saibot from Mortal Kombat, because they've now chosen to make him sound like Dr. Claw from Inspector Gadget, and quite literally everyone on Earth can do an impression of Dr. Claw. Everyone. All you have to do is gargle on air and you've done it. Congratulations, you're Noob Saibot. We share blood, but we're not brothers, Kuai Liang. Please send my Academy award to my PO box. Now, I don't want to allude to any idea that I may very well be the voice behind Noob Saibot, I'm only just saying...

mortal-kombat-noob-saibot-noob-fan-wink-gif-4854240.gif

Anyway, which fanbase do you piss off because you suck at voice acting.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately i feel i could probably do a shitty mascot. Give me the ripoff Monobear roles

78skidoo

Apr 16, 2018
If they ever do another Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy game, Marvin the Paranoid Android.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to voice the player character in Elder Scrolls VI. I would make it a cheesy Christopher Walken impression, and it would be the same voice regardless of race/gender.

OP
OP
Van Bur3n

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all think you're funny choosing your silent portags. Where is your creative spirit. Have you not felt the urge to verbally express the energy of a fictional being. I already feel one with Dr. Claw.

Aldo

Mar 19, 2019
Like any kid who played PC games in the 90s, I have my own Duke Nukem impression.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Raiden (MGS2). I could do a pretty good evocation of his whiny-ness though it wouldn't be as nasally sounding.

BanditoMac

Dec 13, 2017
anything in yakuza. i have a great japanese speaking voice tho i don't speak fluently. but my pronunciation sounds extremely authentic from what i've been told by native speakers. one of the few things i can't really 'brag' about.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
An innkeeper, the mayor of a city saved by the heroes or any non important character that shouldn't have been voiced for starters.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Link. Just wait until you all hear the Hero of Hyrule talking in an east coast Scotland accent.

Menchin

Apr 1, 2019
Any Eastern European military or criminal character. I can also fairly convincingly fake a generic Midwest North American accent but not well enough for VA purposes just yet.

Mega1X

The Fallen
Jun 4, 2018
Raziel from Soul Reaver. I can Handle it pretty well.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2017
I can do a pretty good Conker, me and an old girlfriend used to play the crap out of it so I would sometimes slip into the Conker voice for dirty talk.....hmmm maybe there's a reason we broke up šŸ˜‚