• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Is Tony Stark/Iron Man gonna die?

• Yup

Votes: 484 54.4%
  • Nope

Votes: 406 45.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
The talk about a baby and all that shit at the start of infinity war is the usual major red flag, yes

Sabercrusader

Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely think both Cap and Iron Man will die.

To be perfectly honest, it's the only way to get rid of the characters in a way that moviegoers will accept I think, since Marvel is clearly building towards a team of "new" Avengers to take the mantle.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
It's going to be Captain America, just accept it Era.

What I want: the only way to undo the snap is for Cap to travel back to the past and not go down in the crash, instead destroying the Tesseract. He lives a fulfilling life with agent Carter, and dies an old man and war hero on the day the first Avengers movie would have fallen on - when the invasion of New York City would have occurred.

The only people who know, who remember how things originally played out, are him and the other Avengers. The day Cap travels back in time, Stark retires - leaving the Avengers up to Carol Danvers to guide from then on.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
PhoncipleBone mentioned this idea in a Discord chat, I filled in a couple of supporting ideas to make it work. Stark is going to die saving Captain America.
  • Stark went full crazy at the end of Civil War, attempted to kill Cap's best friend (who was also innocent), and said some shitty things while salty from taking an L to Cap.
  • Cap himself apologized to Tony for handling the Bucky situation incorrectly and extended an olive branch out to Tony should Tony ever want to.
  • Stark has yet to apologize for his mistakes made during Civil War.
Stark's apology to Steve is going to be in the form of saving Steve's life at the expense of his own. Whatever it takes.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I think Stark survives and if someone dies, it's Steve.

Tony will get a happy ending with Pepper. And Steve's death will set up Bucky as Captain America.

I also don't think Far From Home would be casually mentioning Iron Man in a joke if it's immediately after Tony dies. One of the kids jokes about how Mysterio looks like a mix between Iron Man and Thor. I just don't think that joke happens in the film if Tony Stark is dead.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
PhoncipleBone mentioned this idea in a Discord chat, I filled in a couple of supporting ideas to make it work. Stark is going to die saving Captain America.
  • Stark went full crazy at the end of Civil War, attempted to kill Cap's best friend (who was also innocent), and said some shitty things while salty from taking an L to Cap.
  • Cap himself apologized to Tony for handling the Bucky situation incorrectly and extended an olive branch out to Tony should Tony ever want to.
  • Stark has yet to apologize for his mistakes made during Civil War.
Stark's apology to Steve is going to be in the form of saving Steve's life at the expense of his own. Whatever it takes.
Been saying that shit for years, even before Civil War came out. It is also gonna be the moment Cap is able to pick up Mjolnir/Stormbreak/Whatever and administer one of the most spectacular ass beatings ever. The audience will be broken at Tony's death and Thanos's gloating, then immediately pop like you wouldn't fucking believe as Steve picks up the hammer/axe/whatever.
My nerd boner is gonna be visible from space.
I am fully prepared for this to not happen, but I have been clinging to this idea for years, so I obviously want it to happen

Edit: they planted the seeds for it in Avengers 1. Tony will finally not cut the wire but actually lay down on it for someone else.

Last edited:

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Still alive tho. The whole point is he dies doing it.

"The only thing you really fight for is yourself. You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you."

IMO, the point was that Tony was willing to be that person making the big sacrifice, that he didn't just fight for himself, proving Cap wrong and developing Tony's character. Granted, it still could happen in Endgame, but personally I think we already had a kind of resolution to that line in Avengers. We already clearly know that Tony just doesn't just fight for himself now.

OP
OP
Thugnificent

Thugnificent

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
IMO, the point was that Tony was willing to be that person making the big sacrifice, proving Cap wrong and developing Tony's character. Granted, it still could happen in Endgame, but personally I think we already had a kind of resolution to that line in Avengers.
Agreed. We've already seen that he's willing to give up his life for others, but is he willing to give up his suit for others?

Last edited:

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. I honestly think one of the biggest things pointing in this direction is
Ty Simpkins returning from IM3. He's obviously aged too much to reprise Harley Keener as he appeared in that film for flashbacks or time travel, and I don't see him playing a role in the main plot given how many characters who've appeared more recently than six years ago that the film has to service, so him being a guest at Stark's funeral seems like the most logical place to put a cameo.

yooo this post.

but also, tons of people were wrong lol.

good stuff manchego obfuscator

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Yes. I honestly think one of the biggest things pointing in this direction is
Ty Simpkins returning from IM3. He's obviously aged too much to reprise Harley Keener as he appeared in that film for flashbacks or time travel, and I don't see him playing a role in the main plot given how many characters who've appeared more recently than six years ago that the film has to service, so him being a guest at Stark's funeral seems like the most logical place to put a cameo.
Daaaaamn, got 'em

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Cap, Iron Man, and Hawkeye are definitely done after this movie, I feel like Cap and Hawkeye will retire. Steve in the 40s where he'll marry Peggy and become the family that she had in the photo in Winter Soldier, Clint will go back to his family. His daughter will take up the name Hawkeye and start training to be an Avenger, but will just be teased in some part when they time travel to the future. Tony will sacrifice himself for the soul stone in the past after accepting he loves himself and being Iron Man more than Pepper, or else he wouldn't have left Earth.

That's at least my theory.
I've gotta quote myself here. Wasn't 100% right but I mean

Status
Not open for further replies.