• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Am interested in seeing how many people waited out the two and a half month time gap between the digital and physical release.

Also, did we ever get clarification on whether or not all the games will be on the cart, or if we'll have an "additional download?"

Edit: For the record, this physical edition will be a limited print (as per Square Enix's words), in case anyone's on the fence.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I would, but honestly at this point I would rather just wait for the remake. I don't really have any interest in paying for the same game twice in six months.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting it but possibly not right away. I've already gotten Yugioh, Man of Medan, and Astral Chain this month.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Pre-ordered after E3. After asking for Seiken Densetsu 3 to be translated officially for over 20 years, supporting the release is the least I can do.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I did wait to get the physical collection, but I haven't played any of the Mana games so my interest definitely died in 2 months. Then DQ11S is out next month and I don't think I want to play all that RPG back to back.

Nights

Oct 27, 2017
Preordered it the day it was announced. Its like 20 bucks with a promotion I had and the price drops on Amazon. 20$ is a steal for a physical copy.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
If by picking up you mean from my post box yeah

Although I do already have the JP version retail that I bought years ago... I still needed it again here

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I did have it pre-ordered but I cancelled it. Too many other games I know I wanna play before it, and it's a bit high in price for me to consider at the moment next to those other titles.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting it but possibly not right away. I've already gotten Yugioh, Man of Medan, and Astral Chain this month.

Nevermind, I saw Amazon had it marked down some and used reward points to get it for $26

To answer the question in the OP, I saw an EU unboxing and no code for any games, so I think safe to assume NA will be the same.

Euman

Oct 25, 2017
Yep have it preordered from Best Buy. Going to pick it up after work on Wednesday though because it's a bit more convenient for me.

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
They said the same thing about the 'Kingdom Hearts The Story so Far' Collection so take that with a grain of salt. Though I do think this is more likely to actually be limited.

Also, I think with the former the fanbase behind Kingdom Hearts is huge and the demand was loud enough to be heard.

This is a physical release of a game that came out in Japan two and a half years ago, from a series that hasn't had an original, non-mobile game in over a decade, and who's localized version already came out two and a half months ago.

Definitely feel like this will actually be in limited quantity.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Also, I think with the former the fanbase behind Kingdom Hearts is huge and the demand was loud enough to be heard.

This is a physical release of a game that came out in Japan two and a half years ago, from a series that hasn't had an original, non-mobile game in over a decade, and who's localized version already came out two and a half months ago.

Definitely feel like this will actually be in limited quantity.

Yeah, all that, plus this one is on a cartridge, to boot. They're paying more per unit produced, I don't think they're going to overestimate the number required.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Should be getting it from amazon tomorrow.

Haven't played any of the games for longer than 5 mins, figure there is plenty of value there even with the remake of the 3rd one on the horizon.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
*Checks smartphone*

Apparently mine was delivered by Amazon this afternoon ... so no, i'm not. I already have it. ^^

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
It's been 24 years that I waited for this, you better believe I'm gonna pick this up.
Amazon better deliver and on time.
2 months I am being teased by its presence on the eshop.
JUST 1 MORE DAY.

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Meeeeee! My copy already shipped. Never played a Mana game and I am super exicted to get into it.

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I'm mostly picking this up because of its limited print run. I do have interesting in playing the games eventually, but Adventure of Mana I'm not a huge fan of, Secret of Mana I've played three times already, and Trials of Mana I'm still trying to decide if I want to play the SNES version first or the 2020 remake first.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Pre-ordered it on Amazon, says it won't be here till next week. Free shipping baby

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
got it for about $20 and some change due to the amazon sale price and a $13 giftcard i had for amazon, so yeah looking forward to it tomorrow.

vrcsix

Oct 29, 2017
Pre-ordered as soon as it went up on the Square Enix store. I'll be dumping ToM to play on my SNES flashcart, but it's nice to have a physical Switch copy of one of my favorite games / series.

Jaoox

Oct 27, 2017
Preordered it "just in case" when it was announced to play Coop with a friend eventually.
Realized it's out of stock everywhere.

Since I'm kind of a collector. I think I'm gonna keep that order.

(And to be absolutely frank, I've never played any of the games in the trilogy, win win win for me !)

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Been waiting for the physical version. Kinda forgot about my Amazon order, but got a notification it'll be showing up tomorrow.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
I am. I bought it digitally and ordered the physical because I'm a sucker for Mana.

I can't wait to pick up the Trials of Mana remake as well. I need this series to continue damnit.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Mine already came in, ordered from SE store.

Edit: Check that, wasn't my game that came in. State of shipment says "Validated". *sigh*

Last edited:

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
Pre-ordered as soon as I could. Learning that the games are all on the card is fantastic.

Been itching to play this one with my son. Hopefully it won't be too tough, I remember SD3 being pretty tough at times.