• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Z-oo31

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
IMO, the following are all trash-tier from an aesthetic perspective:

BitFenix-ENSO-Gaming-RGB-PC-Case.jpg

b449c292-6986-400d-bb80-3b2f8cbc0e6a_1.384adefe239d8840759fc76863ddc5f8.jpeg

71%2BYo9KBOmL._SX466_.jpg

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's terrible, I go for as neutral / minimalist as possible on all my stuff.

senj

Nov 6, 2017
Yeah, it's awful. Also Razer's godawful "Tron and a tribal tattoo had a baby" aesthetic.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
I like the case, but the headset, keyboard and mouse are gross.
For some reason, I like that office aesthetic, I've got a simple wireless logitech stuff for my speakers, keyboard and mouse.
Looks clean.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
me, I think all that stuff is ugly as fuck

I just buy straight black color electronic devices

Deleted member 54320

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
100% hatred towards uber gameresque things. What really upsets me is when I'm wanting to buy a new keyboard and they use some shiter "gamer" / cool font instead of something normal.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
I actively cover up any and all LEDs on my electronics. I will pay more for non-RGB branded products.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
I hate it.

Granted its fun to have some LED junk every now and then, but outside my keyboard MAYBE, I don't need my headphones, mouse, desktop, microphone, controllers and so on flashing at all times. Its not only bad for battery life, but gaudy as all hell.

Same with apparel, the clothes are just ugly. I'd love to rep my games more if they had any sense of current fashion or at least half decent understanding of style. Outside some shirts that are made to be gaudy I don't even look at gaming related clothing.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I actively cover up any and all LEDs on my electronics. I will pay more for non-RGB branded products.

Same here, except i expect non-RGB components to be cheaper since i don't want disco lights on them.

The focus should be on the screen and not psychedelic crap all over the walls from the lights.

Deleted member 23965

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't like the typical RGB gamer aesthetic. But there can be some nice subdued designs as well. I like how my Lenovo Legion Y530 looks.
Image result for lenovo y530

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
How else are you expected to rise up without a chair that looks like a glowing neon version of the iron throne?

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I think it's absolutely disgusting and even prefer the boring looking office stuff compared to that.

Almost everything with this Gamers aesthetic looks horrible.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly this doesn't look "gamer" branded, lots of colors thrown together is more visually stimulating and kind of makes sense why they're branded for younger people, I've been through that phase and I think others have too. When I think "gamer aesthetic", I think of shirts and slogans that still treat "gamers" like they're a type of person who's different from everyone else.

johan

Oct 29, 2017
Fuckin hate it

I recently got a high end topre keyboard and it looks like one of those grey/beige-ish office keyboards and I love it

Thats a proper computer look

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even consider RGB edgy. It's more novelty, and a fun thing to mess around with. They often have settings you can play with on what colors you want to display and a range of effects. There's a reason it has caught on so much. Buy a white case and go with pastel color pallet lighting and it looks really nice.

Oct 27, 2017
Arizona
I'm currently trying to find this:

main.jpg

because the updated model that they currently sell looks like this:

11-133-378-V08.jpg

I don't know how fans are suppose to work with a giant piece of glass 1 inch in front of them.

I don't even want a window

Last edited:

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
IMO, the following are all trash-tier from an aesthetic perspective:

BitFenix-ENSO-Gaming-RGB-PC-Case.jpg

The case is actually okay.
Switch off all the LEDs, Get a metal sidepanel, remove the front fanblocker(why are these a thing?) and you have yourself a simple yet functional PC case....as all should be.

All the other stuff truly is ugly.
Luckily for most of these products we have a lot of choices so we can buy the alternative.....funny that the cost difference between "L337 Gamer shit" and Its PC hardware be cool.....is very small.....so people must genuinely like the aesthetic because there is no performance benefit.