• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Topic.

• Chopper.

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Robin.

Votes: 39 58.2%
  • Brook.

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Others.

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Which Robin we are talking about? Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, Stephanie Brown, Damian or what ?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The one who's comics have sold more than Batman's.
source.gif

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's difficult to pick but if the answer is specifically about what we see in flashbacks, I want to say Robin because even before shit goes down, her life is already pretty sad. Then the Ohara incident happens and she loses her mother, fellow scholars, giant friend and we see how for the rest of her life she's hunted and demonized just for existing and having the ability to learn stuff the World Government doesn't want anyone to know.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
I picked Robin, but the decades of isolation that Brook went through was probably the worst experience.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Fry from Futurama. Poor guy got frozen and even after this family just didn't really care.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019

This is my answer too. I think Brook gets the saddest moment, and Chopper's story just breaks my heart, but Robin just faced so much misery for so long...

Slightly off-topic, but I really love all the tragic One Piece backstories. They aren't there for the characters to brood over or to drum up cheap angst, they're there to inform who the characters are as people in the present day. It's an approach I wish more fiction writers took.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Robin technically got it the hardest, but HOLY SHIT is Brook's tragedy personal. I don't usually give in to sappy tragedies, but that broke me. Something about it being more bittersweet rather than brute suffering just pierces the soul.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I don't remember the details of any of them, tbh.

I remember readings Nami's and being like "damn".

Oct 25, 2017
It's Zoro.

His friend FELL DOWN THE STAIRS.

I mean come on now, it's no contest.

Robin. Her life was so sad she was suicidal for most of it.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The ASL flashback is by far the saddest to me, but out of those three, definitely Robin. Makes me tear up every time.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That one's good, but it's not Robin's. That said, the final Bink's Sake gets me every time.
It was sadder than Robin's for me, though Robin's was really heartbreaking (the "I want to live" part is iconic). There are a lot of good flashbacks in One Piece though tbh.

Like... one of the saddest ones for me wasn't even for recurring characters, let alone one of the Straw Hats. The Norland and Calgara one from the Skypiea saga hits me so hard. I remember One Piece reaching a new height for me when I read that for the first time. The fact that it made me feel so much for a couple of characters who were so far in the past, and we'd only just seen. It's also one of the biggest reasons why Skypiea is one of my favourite sagas.