• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will you wait until 2021?

• No, day 1 for PS4/One

Votes: 229 18.3%
  • Yes, I'll wait until the PS5/XSX version in 2021

Votes: 619 49.5%
  • PC Day 1 baby!

Votes: 403 32.2%

• Total voters

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I am getting 2 titles releasing within those 2 weeks (AoC, I:FR), and I want to play Cyberpunk 2077 as good as I can and I just don't feel the PS4/One version will do it justice, who else is waiting until 2021 to play Cyberpunk?

Megapighead

May 2, 2018
Absolutely waiting. Decided long ago that I'm going to play the shiny next gen version of the game.

Oct 25, 2017
i will play it on ps5 where framerate and dynamic resolution (if thats part of the game) will be better out of the box but i will probably not wait for the dedicated ps5 patch

Lionheart360

Oct 27, 2017
Surely the game will look as good on a next gen console as it would with ultra settings on a PC right? Even if certain "next-gen" elements haven't been implemented yet

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to wait, especially since I haven't been too enthused with it prerelease. Knowing how much better Witcher 3 got with patches too makes me want to wait a bit as well.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'd love to get it on PS5 but I absolutely detest first person shooters on controller.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
Day one on X/PS5 for me. Sure it will look the same, but a solid framerate and probably better resolution seem worth it. I have little faith in the performance of the current gen versions.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Correct me if I'm wrong, but have they even shown any of the console versions so far? Because as far as I'm aware they haven't and that doesn't exactly sound to me like they're confident in those versions compared.
So basically to answer the question: yeah, 0 chance I'm getting the PS4 version.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
I'm waiting for the ps5 version. I'll have plenty to play before anyway.

Andvari

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It comes out at a perfect time for PC gamers who are upgrading, I can't wait to get a 3080.

Surely the game will look as good on a next gen console as it would with ultra settings on a PC right? Even if certain "next-gen" elements haven't been implemented yet

Very highly unlikely, might get a 60fps option running the same build as last gnn.

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
Waiting to see what advantages there will be for running the game on a next gen console, probably just FPS and resolution. Then it depends on when the next gen version comes out. I believe CDPR said we'll get a free upgrade, but with it being such a big game I'm not sure I'll play through it more than once and I want to play the best version of it.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
The OP is referring to the fact that it's not getting a real next-gen upgrade until next-year, this year it'll just run via BC.
Yeah, but it will still run better on the PS5 then the PS4 in 2020.
It comes out at a perfect time for PC gamers who are upgrading, I can't wait to get a 3080.

Very highly unlikely, might get a 60fps option running the same build as last gnn.
If the game is dynamic resolution it could also mean 4k or closer to it then current gen.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
Yes, my first impression can only be happened once so i want that to best it could be. I can wait as i already wait for a long time.

Also good for waiting free dlc and expansion to come out too.

Stoopkid

Oct 27, 2017
I thought they were going to have some enhancements day 1 for ps5/ series x?

if not I'll get it for one x.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Yeah, it's PC for me, likely day 1 unless it reviews poorly.

I honestly don't know what I'd choose on console. Waiting will definitely give you the better experience.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this game came with a free "next gen upgrade."

Edit: sarcasm removed for those that can't detect it.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
with the upgrade available I'll probably buy the ps4 version once I have a ps5 and play that until the upgrade comes around.
Even if my saves don't carry over I'm sure I'll want to give it more than one play through.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
tvFxujd.gif

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
I thought they were going to have some enhancements day 1 for ps5/ series x?

if not I'll get it for one x.

it seems that the real nextgen version will arrive later in 2021!
it Will be a really hard wait for me!!
imagine buy the game, buy a nextgen console but have to wait for the patch!!
it will be hard, specially if the launch lineup games are scarce as it is looking to be.