• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
With barbershops being closed for the unforeseeable future, I have no way of getting crispy fades and refuse half-assed haircuts from friends and family . So I'm just growing my hair.

Who else is with me?

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
anigif_enhanced-12829-1452181178-2.gif

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I always do; it's usually a year between haircuts, it's not unknown for me to go longer.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can cut my own hair but I might go full caveman beard just for the sake of it. Seems now is as good a time as any to give it a go

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, not by choice. Been over 2 months since my last cut and no end in sight, so ...

Deleted member 26909

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Its a good opportunity for anyone to hide their awkward length phase, too. I grow and then cut off my hair all the time, so I'm going be risky and try to dye my hair. If it looks bad, cut and grow it back before anyone notices!

Easystride

Oct 27, 2017
Same, coming up on one month without a cut now.
Also trying to grow out facial hair for the first time ever, on day 10 without shaving.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I am, but I was doing it for like 2 years before this lol. Got sick of getting fades every two weeks. Longer hair comes with its own problems though

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
I'd been letting it grow long for about four years now. Was seriously starting to consider donating it, but I guess I have an excuse to just let it keep growing now. It's just a few inches shy of the small of my back.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
i usually cut my own hair but right before this i was growing it long anyway, i'll still give myself a fade but probably let the top get long.

I have never really grown facial hair but i'm gonna let that grow. much to my wife's chagrin.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
I keep wanting to, but there's this really weird period where it just looks awful because it's too short and too long at the same time. So I usually end up cutting it because something comes up and I don't want to look terrible.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I had to cancel an appointment with my barber a couple weeks ago to focus on getting things ready to move to a new house, and I was already a few weeks overdue (typically go every couple months); no idea when I'll be able to get back in. So I'm definitely looking scruffy, but I've got a decent enough head of hair to rock a 70s style should the need arise. I have way more grey now, so I'll probably get a nice salt and pepper look as it grows out. There's something nice about having short enough hair that you don't have to bother with it, but if luxurious locks are a fashion trend borne out of shelter in place, the world's probably better for it.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Haven't had mine cut since November. I've been lazy to get it cut more than anything as the shops are still open here.

Halo

Banned
Dec 5, 2019
Real Talk - so all the major chains have closed down?

I have not considered this in my isolation plans prior but damn. I need a cut!

Will resort to...not going there yet.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
My hair doesn't get long, it goes out. My hair always gets more bushy than long.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Shaved my head a couple weeks ago as things were starting to get crazy. Not touching it until I'm able to live a semi-normal life again.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
I've been growing it out for about 9 months now. I love it when I'm driving and the wind flowing through my golden locks. I've had people compliment me on how beautiful my hair is. It's nice.

But I have to admit it can be a pain to wash. I have to wash my hair everyday because it gets so oily.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I made the decision to grow it out a year and a half ago, and I'm in desperate need of maintenance.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Had that John Wick Keanu thing for a bit, sometimes I go a year between cuts; ended up just getting rid of most of it a few weeks back.

Halo

Banned
Dec 5, 2019
Holly Crap man...

Never thought of this before now....

Will need to shave down to almost zero, on my own.....scarred.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I buzz because I'm lazy, cheap, and I'm not paying for a fade. I don't do lineups because I don't care that much.

I'm not growing my hair because I can't get it cut; I was starting to grow it out a bit before all of this shit hit the fan. Letting my facial hair grow since I don't need to shave it for work, tough

Superblatt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Same exact strategy as me. I typically go get my fade every 9-10 days. Without this, it looks like shit so I'm just letting it grow baby grow.

Halo

Banned
Dec 5, 2019
Rock on man....I go weeks w/o shaving but my hair...OMG. Going to have to shave that shit off on my own. Expected results will be very, very, bad! Ouch.

Jan 4, 2018
I started growing my hair out unintentionally and then as I got compliments I decided to stick with it. Haven't cut my hair since late September/early October, I believe. I've always kept it pretty trimmed and proper but I'm really loving my new look. Not sure I could grow it out LONG, but this medium length is suiting me just fine.

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to decide between letting it grow out and getting out some old big razor I had and buzzing it because it is annoying the ever loving shit out of me.

BarefootTea

Oct 27, 2017
My hair is to my knees, so yeah I'm already growing it long. Most people have no idea how long it is because it's usually up in a bun held by hair sticks.

Beardlini

Oct 28, 2017
Decided to grow my hair out in ~november-december. now i have no choice lol. manbun here I come