• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shadow-Link

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This week we have the season finale of Attack on Titan, Dr. Stone and Jujutsu Kaisen.

I've always been mostly an anime only person (except for Naruto and Bleach), but I feel I can't wait a year to know where these stories are going, especially with Attack of Titan ending next month it will be almost impossible to avoid spoilers.

So, who else is going manga starting today?

Last edited:

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
The Shonen Jump subscription being dirt-cheap has meant I've been on that boat for the latter two (and MHA among others) for years.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Doing manga for JJK, but I'm already a manga reader for the others lol

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I vastly prefer manga and the language and controlled pacing of sequential art, I just have a hard time justifying shelling out for individual volumes of a series when I can just sub to Crunchyroll or whatever. It gets to the point where I very rarely watch manga adaptations because I'm getting the same story but in a way I don't enjoy as much, but it's so cheap I can't justify getting the manga.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is the only compromise I make on this because despite the incredible quality of the manga, the anime is as incredible in its own as an adaptation, while I just think Mob Psycho 100's anime is flat out better than the manga.

Oct 27, 2017
It's wild that so many series have switched to this season format. I'm still used to my long running shonen never stopping and just being padded with filler content. I guess this (waiting between seasons) is the one downside of not just doing that

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've been a manga only person for a while now, honestly. Some shows I'll watch but some I just stick with the manga.

THIJJ

Oct 26, 2017
Went manga on JJK last week. Couldn't wait anymore. I usually do both anyway, but was lttp as hell on JJK so decided to watch w/ anime for a long while for once. No ragrets

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I ordered An Invitation From A Crab like two weeks ago now, wtf is going on uk give me my book

Oct 25, 2017
Always a manga reader. Always get so much more, and less chances for disappointment for something unfinished, poorly made, or given a terrible Gecko Ending.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
I've been pretty much manga exclusive for the majority of what I enjoy since my early anime club days in college. Found manga to always be more convenient.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow I didn't realize AoT and JJK were both ending this week... no doubt, manga threads are about to have an influx

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
This week we have the season finale of Attack on Titan, Dr. Stone and Jujutsu Kaisen.

I've always been mostly an anime only person (except for Naruto and Bleach), but I feel I can't wait a year to know where these stories are going, especially with Attack of Titan ending next month it will be almost impossible to avoid spoilers.

So, who else is going manga starting today?
I've been that way for a bit more time efficient i do watch the boruto animation as it does contain Canon story as well as the New DQ Dai series but that is all.

PonyStation

Banned
May 24, 2019
It's wild that so many series have switched to this season format. I'm still used to my long running shonen never stopping and just being padded with filler content. I guess this (waiting between seasons) is the one downside of not just doing that

Anime isn't a profitable business, it's just a medium used to sell the manga, light novels and licensing. It just doesn't make sense to make long running shows anymore

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I don't jump to Manga... I do Light Novels. And I usually pick up series I'm interested in after the first 4 episodes, which translates to a single volume so I don't have to reread much, or can more easily just skip what I've already seen.

The Omega Man

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
I went manga for Attack on Titan as soon the first season ended. Knowing there was more and I didn't have to wait years for answers was too good to pass on.
I've been a manga reader ever since, no regrets.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Doing the consistent weekly thing just straight up isn't as profitable as doing the seasonal format. Only few series can get away with it, and they are all classic franchises. It's also way more pressure on the animation team since they always have to be producing content leaving no time to take a break.

Easier to just book a 24 episode run.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I told myself that if it's gonna take more than a year before this continues or there was no announcement for continuation at all, I'm gonna go with the manga.
But since it's gonna continue 9-12 months from now, I'll just painfully wait...

Deleted member 19813

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I buy manga physically and digital for OOP stuff on Kindle. Manga is my main hobby. I interact with the manga community on Instagram daily.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
That reminds me that I need to catch up on Dr. Stone manga. I dropped it on a cliffhanger lol.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Being in the EU, I've given up getting into manga. Everytime I want to try it the prices and licensing issues stop me. Oh well.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Used to do so with Bleach, but fell off with that before that ended. Just Battle Angel/Gunnm for me at this point, and I haven't gotten back to that in quite some time.

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
I started this year with my first manga after watching Tokyo Ghoul and have a box set coming end of the year for Demon Slayer!

But honestly with things where I am really a fan I want to experience it really.. AoT, Kaisen those moments I want to see the first time while animated and not reading

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
For AoT manga, the Humble Bundle got me Vol 1-26. Crunchyroll has chapters 115+? So I can buy Vol 27 and 28 on Amazon or something to be able to read everything?

Remnants

Prophet of Regret
Jul 18, 2019
Been reading AoT since season 1 ended and I caught up on JJK very recently.

Blackie

Oct 25, 2017
Wherever
Me! I recently switched over to manga everything for my needs. Currently reading 16 at the same time, half of which don't even have an anime version. Feels good :)

wunsubdee

Mar 6, 2021
I watch like 2 shows a year, been primarily manga for years now and also collect them, would recommend it to every anime only to atleast give it a try!

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've been team manga for years, and have recently ascended to a new plane in the last few years by reading a bunch of series in the original light novel when that's the first source material (of course, trying to stick to good series given that so many light novel series are pandering trash and light novel adaptions tend to get me wary when I hear about new anime)

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean you still wait with the traditional format, it's just the wait is due to filler rather than nothing at all and the overall quality of production tends to dip because keeping a show ongoing week to week year round is really hard. The alternative is no filler but the pacing is slowed to a crawl like One Piece (and One Piece tends to have dense chapters as it is which is the only reason it can even manage that model in a form that is remotely bareable. I shudder at the thought of a 1 chapter to 1 episode pace in a series with slow pacing where not a lot happens in a single chapter like Bleach)