• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The USGS lady and this press conference is wild! She's not holding anything back.
She has no training on how to not scare the fuck outta people. Jeez
Is she right or fearmongering
She doesn't fear monger.
This Dr Jones is my new favorite science hero. I'd sign up for her class in an instant if I were at her university.

Journalists coming to her for some comfort and she's like, "ya'll ain't gonna find none here. This shit's wild. Check out these facts!"

Uhyve

Oct 25, 2017
Do it. Buy up all the groceries and water you can find that'll last you for 2 weeks.

After 2 weeks, you'll learn a very valuable lesson in life.
I can't figure out whether or not you're making fun of people who live on a fault line that have a good supply of emergency non-perishables. If you are, I kinda don't like you, it's important to be prepared just in case. People should be prepared, preferably before the earthquakes start but regardless.

The idea that you might feel silly about having emergency supplies that you don't need is like feeling silly for having a fire extinguisher you've never used.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This Dr Jones is my new favorite science hero. I'd sign up for her class in an instant if I were at her university.

Journalists coming to her for some comfort and she's like, "ya'll ain't gonna find none here. This shit's wild. Check out these facts!"
she's not even saying anything scary yall hyped that up

golguin

Oct 29, 2017
I'm in LA for Anime Expo and there's a bit of construction going on near convention center. The giant cranes used to make the buildings were swaying violently.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
Not to handwave anyone's fears and anxiety but living in ca requires to be prepared and have this kind of mentality when it comes to earthquakes.

JkDH0yq.gif

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sorry whats your problem? I've lived through smaller ones as a lifelong SoCal resident that destroyed infrastructure and lives in LA and the Bay and you think a 7.1 is funny?
I was in a 9.2 in November, 7 is big, but doesn't need a press conference

edit :I get it guys, thanks

Last edited:

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
I was in a 9.2 in November, 7 is big, but doesn't need a press conference
A 6.7 did this:
1lnJVCG.jpg

And this 7.1 could be a foreshock for something bigger.

The San Adreas fault hasn't slipped in 160 years and scientists have said it's overdue. People are worried and need scientific guidance.

Khamsinvera

Oct 31, 2017
I can't figure out whether or not you're making fun of people who live on a fault line that have a good supply of emergency non-perishables. If you are, I kinda don't like you, it's important to be prepared just in case. People should be prepared, preferably before the earthquakes start but regardless.

The idea that you might feel silly about having emergency supplies that you don't need is like feeling silly for having a fire extinguisher you've never used.

I live on the same fault line - there's a difference between being prepared and panicking. Read up on the dude's posts, you'll see what I mean.

I've been thru Hurricane Sandy while living a block away from this scene as well as a couple of other minor natural "disasters". Panicking is THE worst thing you can do.

5yToK39.jpg

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
But, I mean, we haven't had a quake this big in 25 years, and this one was 0.4 bigger than that one.

Oh I get it, believe me, I'm in the Bay area and just finished packing an emergency backpack. I was half asleep and heard a crack and noticed all our blinds swaying but didn't feel anything. Thought it was a local quake and turned out to be the latest Ridgecrest one. Just trying to advise people to stay cool and alert instead of panic. I'm sure being a native and living through the 89 quake has skewed my view on this though.

Uhyve

Oct 25, 2017
I live on the same fault line - there's a difference between being prepared and panicking. Read up on the dude's posts, you'll see what I mean.

I've been thru Hurricane Sandy while living a block away from this scene as well as a couple of other minor natural "disasters". Panicking is THE worst thing you can do.

5yToK39.jpg
I agree entirely about the risk of panic, just saying it's not good to encourage people to not have emergency supplies if they live in an area at risk of natural disaster.

It's not an emergency situation right now but if people have the opportunity to pick up some supplies, there's no reason to tell them not to.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Oh I get it, believe me, I'm in the Bay area and just finished packing an emergency backpack. I was half asleep and heard a crack and noticed all our blinds swaying but didn't feel anything. Thought it was a local quake and turned out to be the latest Ridgecrest one. Just trying to advise people to stay cool and alert instead of panic. I'm sure being a native and living through the 89 quake has skewed my view on this though.

Loma Prieta was a 6.9 but centered much closer to SF.

Khamsinvera

Oct 31, 2017

You mean you didn't go out and buy 2 weeks worth of groceries and water? Sir, this is not the time for rational thought and a purposeful approach to the situation. We demand that you panic.

Also, buy a ticket to fly out this weekend because apparently that's when the next one will hit. We confirmed it over the intarwebs.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017

That 89 scarred everyone that went through it including myself. We had to camp out in out front lawns waiting for building inpectors going home to home to give the clear or red tag.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
You mean you didn't go out and buy 2 weeks worth of groceries and water? Sir, this is not the time for rational thought and a purposeful approach to the situation. We demand that you panic.

Also, buy a ticket to fly out this weekend because apparently that's when the next one will hit. We confirmed it over the intarwebs.

Lol I've been trying to explain to a friend that the reason it was felt all the way up here was probably do to the waves reflecting underground. He's convinced California is falling into the ocean anytime now.

That 89 scarred everyone that went through it including myself. We had to camp out in out front lawns waiting for building inpectors going home to home to give the clear or red tag.

It was crazy af and for months I would dive under tables at the slightest jolt. After some time, as I got older the instant panic mode left me. I became desensitized to them and ride them out if the power doesn't go out now. That was my scar I guess, if power goes out and then it shakes I'm taking my ass outside.

Last edited:

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine Trump refusing allocating resources to California for emergencies lol.

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017

You seem more on edge and anxious than the people you're making fun of. It's really annoying

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
7.1 sounds terrifying, has me scared about whenever the big one will hit Seattle. Hope everyone is safe.

Imagine Trump refusing allocating resources to California for emergencies lol.

Nothing lol bout that. It's a serious possibility knowing how fucked up and deranged that clown is.