• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
Stay safe, Cali-ERA! Stay safe and stay calm.

In a lighter note, here's a sort-of related video: here in Chile we had an 8.4 earthquake a couple of years ago that hit right when a pretty well-known journalist was having an interview with a correspondent (I think?). The guy was ice-cool - even if you don't understand a lick of spanish, you can hear in his tone that he's not really panicking at all despite the strong movement.

He later said that he had a bit of fear, considering he was in a third floor, but he had to be professional 'cause he was on-air.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Please make sure you are prepared for an earthquake disaster. 2 weeks of supplies.

This isn't to attach on to fearmongering, but it's just something you could always have ready just in case.

Eh. If it takes a bit of fearmongering to have people prepare, then so be it.

The Newsweek had a big article about a Subduction Cascadian Zone fault rupture near the Oregon/Washington coast and it projected tens of thousands of deaths and many services west of I5 would be disrupted for weeks.

It freaked people out

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I thought I felt a faint quake here in San Diego while laying in bed. Sure enough...

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Kawhi going to Toronto for sure now. But seriously stay safe, folks.

Oct 26, 2017
lol. Someone asking if military testing set off earthquakes. This is the beginning of a horror movie, right? First the denial. Then the monster comes out from underground.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
This isn't the first natural disaster in California Trump has had to deal with and he didn't inspire a lot of confidence last time.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Having this happen while watching Stranger Things with all the lights off just makes it even creepier.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
My bad for asking a question.
For real though, it's always a good idea to have an emergency kit laying around. 2 weeks of supplies is probably asking a bit much for most people and personally I think leaving the area for days is unnecessary, but if you feel that's what you need to do then alright.

If earthquakes worry you this much then living in California doesn't seem ideal. A big earthquake can strike at any time, after all.