• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
I'm reading that the quake was revised again higher to 7.1
So far they've had ~13 aftershocks up there higher than 3.0 some as high as 5.5
They're gettin shook real bad

It's normal to get about 1 aftershock around 1 point below, 10 aftershocks 2 points below, 100 aftershocks 3 points below, and so on. All averages but it's a good rule of thumb.

And as mentioned above it can be strung out over a long period of time.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Er, they just said that this could be an "earthquake sequence that is on-going" and that they are not ruling out today's quake as a fore shock.

-CNN

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Er, they just said that this could be an "earthquake sequence that is on-going" and that they are not ruling out today's quake as a fore shock.

-CNN

They were never going to rule that out because they have no way of knowing one way or the other.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

-CNN

It honestly is just speculation. They are filling time with words. It could, and could not be something. Earthquakes are unpredictable

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
something is coming to happen. its been 4 aftershocks in the last hour. The big one is getting closer

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
"California's great! It's such a lovely state, and every lawn is sitting on a continental plate!"

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Aftershocks are normal... and please don't fall for CNN's fearmongering.

These low and slow roller quakes are much preferred to the short jolting ones if you ask me.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Please make sure you are prepared for an earthquake disaster. 2 weeks of supplies.

This isn't to attach on to fearmongering, but it's just something you could always have ready just in case.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
my gf and I are trying to figure out if we want to catch a plane out of here for the weekend.

If you are both worried about this being a foreshock, foreshocks can occur up to two years before the main quake it predicts. So if this foreshock is predicting something bigger, you need to plan a long holiday

Khamsinvera

Oct 31, 2017
I'm in LA. Some people are getting all worked up. It wasn't THAT bad UNLESS:

- You're in the LA Metrolink which has been shutdown
- You work in a grocery store and just finished reshelving everything after yesterday's quake

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Should we be going out now to get supplies or wait for this to perhaps blow over? Trying to debate if I should walk to trader joes down the street or not, we keep getting some pretty big aftershocks.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I can't tell if this is normal or really rare. I've never felt as many earthquakes before....

Khamsinvera

Oct 31, 2017
Should we be going out now to get supplies or wait for this to perhaps blow over? Trying to debate if I should walk to trader joes down the street or not, we keep getting some pretty big aftershocks.

Do it. Buy up all the groceries and water you can find that'll last you for 2 weeks.

After 2 weeks, you'll learn a very valuable lesson in life.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Felt that aftershock here in Fresno. I think there's been light rumbling going on and off since the 7.1

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
So according to the USGS, there's a 5% chance of their being an even larger quake in the next few days.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was hailing last week in Michigan for us. This whole week we've been having flash rains and thunderstorms.

Mother nature has been wack all Summer.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
The USGS lady and this press conference is wild! She's not holding anything back.