• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 18, 2017
I think we can all agree a second pass of first party characters is sorely needed.

1. Egad & Gooigi
2. Twintelle / Min Min / Mechanica
3. Octolings
4. Urbosa / BotW Zelda
5. Captain Toad

Chibi Link? Tetra?

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
At this point my biggest wants have been taken care of, so I'm okay with anything (... well, as long they're videogame characters)

I think Doom Guy would be about the last "oh shit, really? He's in?" character that I'd like that they could add.
Other than that, any other old school NES era third party franchise I'd find cool, like Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Twinbee or Bubble Bobble. Or anything else that was also released on the NES/SNES classic basically, lol. No way that'll happen tho, I feel they're too smalltime to be eligible for this DLC round.

moomoo14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rayman would be a nice western rep that would fit in and probably be fun to play.

I also want Master Chief in, simply because of how insane that would be.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Anything except anime characters. They all look samey to me so pls no more anime characters.

iswasdoes

Nov 13, 2017
Londinium
Lara Croft and master chief

Not only cos they are great characters worthy of the Hall of Fame status smash offers, but also to mark their series respective launches on switch

(Yeah it's a stealth port beg don't do me like that mods)

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
1. The Elite Beat Agents (Agent J primarily with alt costumes that swap him out for Spin, Chieftan, Commander Khan, and the Elite Beat Divas; stage that includes Rhythm Heaven music as well since EBA only has a handful of original tracks)

eba_html.jpg

2. Guzma & Golisopod (Golisopod does most of the fighting while Guzma squats in the background and gives orders/performs taunts; Shady House/Po Town Manor stage with tons of Team Skull Grunts milling about in the background and tracks like Guzma's theme, Ultra Necrozma's theme, and the Aether Foundation battle theme)

1481120126467.png

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Other than that, any other old school NES era third party franchise I'd find cool, like Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Twinbee or Bubble Bobble. Or anything else that was also released on the NES/SNES classic basically, lol. No way that'll happen tho, I feel they're too smalltime to be eligible for this DLC round.

I'm not so sure. Personally I think Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden is very eligible, but I respect your opinion. :)

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not so sure. Personally I think Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden is very eligible, but I respect your opinion. :)
Well, he's got the 2000's trilogy of games going for him too, so I do feel he's got more of a shot than those I mentioned, yeah.

Would Smash fans accept another sword user tho?? ;)

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
My barrel of hype is pretty much empty. Everyone I could want is in haha. I think Travis Touchdown is the only one left that would get a rise out of me.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Realistic:
-Jill Valentine
-Dragonborn/Doomguy

Unrealistic:
-Geno
-Popeye/Scrooge McDuck

Dec 4, 2018
United Kingdom
Rayman
Cuphead
Knights from castle crashers (as the alts can be the diff powers)
Crash
Chefs from over cooked (again alt heads)

I imagine they will tie to upcoming or recent games for q3.

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Dr Eggman

Seeing how Dr Wily got an assist trophy and Dr Eggman got nothing but a stinking sticker is a travesty

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Klonoa, the other platforming mascot who needs a triumphant return will be in Smash, I can feel it.

THIS GUY GETS IT.

As for the the other character....I dream of Klonoa, but he's never making it.

Don't give up hope!

You need to hang on to it now so it can be shattered into a million tiny pieces when the 5th challenger is revealed... to not be him. :P

:(

Well, he's got the 2000's trilogy of games going for him too, so I do feel he's got more of a shot than those I mentioned, yeah.

Would Smash fans accept another sword user tho?? ;)

Hmm, good point.

We need at least two more, just so Sakurai can really spite us. ;)

Ghost305

Banned
Jan 6, 2018
Because Cloud Strife and Snake sure were "strongly associated with Nintendo".
I don't think they belong in Smash either, but here we are.

They've been going in the direction of third party reps being general gaming icons for a while. It's exciting to me that someone like Master Chief isn't that far-fetched.
I wouldn't say that. Cloud/Snake/Joker are the exceptions, not the rule. Most added fighters have been highly Nintendo-associated.

And I think it'd be insulting to the Xbox community to have Master Chief, their icon, appear in a Nintendo exclusive that they can't play. Same goes for Crash. It's blatant disrespect to the communities associated with those characters.

ryechu

Oct 25, 2017
Master Chief, if only for the reveal;
and Monster Hunter

For pipe dreams I would like the Knight or Hornet,
and a Rhythm Heaven rep.

Bionic

Oct 27, 2017
Um Jammer Lammy, from Um Jammer Lammy
FemShep, from Mass Effect 2

jk 2 more male characters with swords please

Aswitch

"This guy are sick"
Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
1. Travis Touchdown
2. Kiryu

Backups
3. Battletoads
4. Dante (would want him, but so many damn sword fighters already)

Edit: Forgot about Axel Stone

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
They gotta end it with something that's a bigger deal than Banjo, right? Goku has to be that choice.