• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Ryu Hyabusa and Monster Hunter are most deserving.

Put Doom guy in MK11.

Most picks I see here should be in a PlayStation Allstars 2. I liked that game, fwiw.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
AHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!

Reading this out loud is the hardest I've laughed in a while. Thank you.

...are you laughing because Goku will never be in Smash?

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
There's already a speculation thread for all this but whatever……

People need to mentally prepare themselves for The iDOLM@STER's Haruka Amami

wdbdwcE.jpg

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Bethesda deserves a rep for their support of the Switch, and it should be Doom Slayer with an oldschool Doomguy alternate skin. Doom Slayer would also hit the whole celebrating all of gaming thing they're going for since Doom is obviously a PC franchise first and foremost while being an important foundation in gaming history.

I'd also like a female character for the final slot and Jill is a reasonable suggestion.

Last edited:

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
Crash Bandicoot and Terry Bogard

(Not gonna happen tho)

I also really want Doomguy but I can't imagine how they could make it work without Doom's incredible violence level.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Crono from Chrono Trigger and Monster Hunter from Monster Hunter

But I think it will be Crash Bandicoot and Doom Slayer

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Doomslayer represents flat-out one of the most important video games of all time. The original DOOM is right up there with the original SMB as a foundational pillar of gaming and is perhaps the most important western game ever made in terms of its influence. It's also had ample representation on Nintendo platforms, including an upcoming mainline release. I really hope he makes it in.

Alfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really like Halo, but Master Chief would be legendary.

My selfish pick, however, is Kazuma Kiryu from Yakuza.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
#1: Monster Hunter

Monster Hunter is still one of the biggest franchises around, and while it's represented already with Rathalos, a playable character can't hurt. I chose the MvCI version because a) Great Sword + Dual Blades + Bow covers the most popular weapons in the series, b) she's got Rathalos armor, the most famous armor, and c) we could use some more women in the game.

#2: A Second Monster Hunter
6635931_orig.png

Hah! You thought I'd be content with only one Monster Hunter? Think again! Even with the three weapons that the above hunter has, we're still missing Charge Blade, the OBJECTIVELY best weapon in the history of gaming, if not the entire universe. Throw in stuff like Light Bowgun and something offbeat like Hunting Horn and we've got a character!

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I got my wish with DQ Hero and Banjo so I'm good with whatever at this point. Given that this first season of DLC seems focused on super popular game characters I think it'd be cool to continue that trend and put in some more 3rd party legendary characters. Then next season I'd like to see some deep cuts from Nintendo's library.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Twinbee and Winbee would be fun. Their moves from Rainbow Bell Adventure would translate well into Smash moves.

latest

We know Nintendo has a soft spot for the series.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I already explained why in a previous post, but the popular western picks just don't appeal to me. I would be super bummed out if Crash Bandicoot was one of the next dlc characters. Banjo-Kazooie were a great pick that feels right, but I think they're one of the very few that would.
2 of the three characters are already very Japanese/anime oriented. What are you looking for then?

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna go Monokuma and Jibanyan because I'm gay for cute mascot characters.

Realistically, there will be at least one more dude with a sword.

NZerker12

Oct 25, 2017
Rex with Pyra and Mythra, dammit.

Its ridiculous that one, Xenoblade only has one rep and two, as much as I love Persona 5, the games not even on the system yet they choose a rep from that game instead of their own damn RPG series.