• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised no one said Captain Commando yet.

latest

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
latest

Prob not but I honestly think it'll be a DS character. BB Hood?

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can see it being a SF1 character to, I.E. Retsu

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Probably a male character given the amount of costumes the character will get but if the character is a guest it could also be a female character as no matter the game guests tend to not get many costumes.

Thing for me is why hide the character if its just someone like Haggar. If they had no problem revealing freaking Akira like that I expect the last character to be a oh shit announcement

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Probably a male character given the amount of costumes the character will get but if the character is a guest it could also be a female character as not matter the game guests tend to not get many costumes.

Thing for me is why hide the character if its just someone like Haggar. If they had no problem revealing freaking Akira like that I expect the last character to be a oh shit announcement
Haggar finally getting in a Street Fighter game would be pretty huge. So yeah, I think it's either Haggar or a newcomer who directly ties into SFVI.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Probably an original character if I was to guess. That's what they did with Decapre in USF4.

OP
OP
Ryce

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Yang and Yun

Two-in-one character, Zeku style, SFV going out with a bang.
I thought about this, but I feel like Zeku's gimmick is too unique to retread within the same game. Another tag character would dilute what makes Zeku feel special. (It also doesn't help that Zeku essentially has Yun's Tetsuzanko.)

Blackage

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The fact they didn't announce it is a hint in itself. Akira is straight out of left field. They wouldn't hold off the last char if it was just another SF char or a char we'd expect from the franchise like Haggar.

It's either a tie in to another unannounced Capcom game or the game's first and only crossover character with a guest franchise showing up.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The cynic in me thinks it'll just be another hot chick because that's what mostly sells.

So either Crimson Viper, another Shadaloo Doll, Makoto, Ken's wife, Rule63 Akuma, Chun-li with a fake mustache, etc.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The cynic in me thinks it'll just be another hot chick because that's what mostly sells.

So either Crimson Viper, another Shadaloo Doll, Makoto, Ken's wife, Rule63 Akuma, Chun-li with a fake mustache, etc.
The fact that the characters will only have 3 costumes should immediately tell you that it's a guy.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Want it to be Haggar, but I think it will be a significant new character that ties into the series going forward that wouldn't be as impactful to reveal now.

But Capcom is hard to predict and could be anything, so it is almost pointless to speculate.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Want it to be Haggar, but I think it will be a significant new character that ties into the series going forward that wouldn't be as impactful to reveal now.

But Capcom is hard to predict and could be anything, so it is almost pointless to speculate.

This. Nobody would have guessed Akira before her reveal. It could be anything.

Oct 26, 2017
I would love for it to be an SNK character, but on the other hand that's been done before. And it's almost a shame to just have one of them, unless it's a teaser for CvS3.

I wouldn't really care for a Tekken character, because it would be Heihachi, Jin or Kazuya and those guys are all so dull. And those crossovers have also been done.

What would really blow my mind, and is never going to happen, is Akira Yuki showing up as part of Sega announcing VF6, which would be why they couldn't show him right away. Having Akira and Akira in the same expansion would be awesome and insane.

Other than that... Haggar would be ok but a little boring, and I'd rather have him replacing Zangief in the next game to switch things up. And while it would be a bone thrown to the fans, it's not like anyone was waiting for Haggar to jump on the game. Captain Commando would be neat, but also wouldn't bring in anyone new. I guess they could bring in someone crazy like Dante or Chris that could pull in some modern Capcom fans. But they would risk overshadowing their own characters with a new one who couldn't easily be removed next game.

OP
OP
Ryce

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Tom isn't even in the same league as Haggar, legacy-wise. He's a nothing character that's almost more of a meme than Q because the only people that know he exists are the ones that actually played arcade mode in 3S.
Yeah, Tom's obviously not a popular character, but the SFV team seems to care about the lore (including properly aging characters up), and there's been a concerted effort to give the game a real SFIII prequel feel: Alex, Gill, Urien, and Kolin are playable, and there are even new original characters like Laura and G with strong links to the SFIII cast. Tom's potential inclusion would be more about following this trend and less about ending on a "big" name like Haggar, and him being the final character would merely symbolize the dawn of SFIII.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Man... if it was a guest character that would be such a huge bummer. Street Fighter is one of the last fighting games that hasn't debased itself with that nonsense. Any character that is added to a Street Fighter game is now a core cast member. I like it like that. So, if they DO get Terry or someone like that, the only way I will be okay with it is if they have the right to use them for future games and they are an alternate version that exists in the mainline Street Fighter series.

Makoto, PLEASE! She should be SFV's Swan song.

Seth is the new Makoto. We live in the worst timeline.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
I agree with the Haggar logic except you have to consider his move set. Dunno what he could bring the other grapples don't. Heck, in MVC3 his pipe was the most iconic thing and Cody already has it.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
They always seem to add some boring angry shoto-clone with dragonball hair or angry robot Cammy, why break the cycle.

Oct 25, 2017
What a baffling statement. How is Q even a meme?
You could probably count on one hand the number of people you know that have played Q.
In fact, you could make that two hands and that's how many you know that played 3S.
Yeah, Tom's obviously not a popular character, but the SFV team seems to care about the lore (including properly aging characters up), and there's been a concerted effort to give the game a real SFIII prequel feel: Alex, Gill, Urien, and Kolin are playable, and there are even new original characters like Laura and G with strong links to the SFIII cast. Tom's potential inclusion would be more about following this trend and less about ending on a "big" name like Haggar, and him being the final character would merely symbolize the dawn of SFIII.
I suppose that could be the case, but why would that be a surprise then? Even if Tom is supposed to be a lore-heavy character, it seems far more likely they'd have him be second-to-last in that case and end it with Akira for the big surprise finale. Haggar at least has been begged for for decades, Tom is pretty much like Kolin in that nobody knows him by name or really remembers him at all and the appeal would just fade away as soon as that initial link is made.

OP
OP
Ryce

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with the Haggar logic except you have to consider his move set. Dunno what he could bring the other grapples don't. Heck, in MVC3 his pipe was the most iconic thing and Cody already has it.
This shouldn't be an issue. Haggar has a bunch of stuff that Zangief doesn't. If Nash and Guile and Ryu and Ken/Akuma/Sakura/Kage/Dan can coexist in SFV then so can Zangief and Haggar.