• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who do you hate more?

• Ted Faro

Votes: 198 56.1%
  • Rip Blazkowicz

Votes: 155 43.9%

• Total voters

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Rip hits harder because he is personal. He represents a sizeable portion of the American population that would have used the third Reich to purge Jewish and Black people out of the country if given the chance.

Rip sold his wife because he viewed the Reich as a positive force of good for his life. He passed on the violence in his heart to BJ who took years to break from this cycle, and now BJ has to spend the rest of his life to know his mother, who suffered so much through the violence of his father, was sent to an extermination camp. She had never been given the life she deserved.

I hate Rip so much, because he is the kind of scourge that still exist today and are still destroying this world with impunity.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
One of these characters ties you up to a chair, puts a shotgun in your hand, and tells you to shoot your own dog, this is years before selling his own wife out to the nazis, which got her sent to a concentration camp.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Rip is real evil while Ted is fictional evil. Rip is in America right now. Ted never filled me with emotion while Rip straight up made my stomach hurt.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ted Faro didn't just destroy all life, he's responsible for every man woman and CHILD on earth being HUNTED and CONSUMED as BIOFUEL.

FUCK Ted Faro.

Deleted member 46804

Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Let's also not forget to mention The whole scene at the beginning of Wolfenstein 2 is about Rip coming after BJ for having a Black girlfriend. He calls her "a little n-word girl".

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
FUCK NAZIS and NAZI SYMPATHIZERS! look both assholes are evil but in this situation Rip is openly making the lives of that lesser than him a living hell which they have to live through. emphasis on live through btw. that makes it worse IMO. what makes it even worse is the fact that these atrocious acts are still relevant in the modern day. it just hurts harder for me so yeah I'm going with Rip.

Bonus Hate Points for making B.J kill a dog, seriously fuck this guy.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I like Horizon significantly more than Wolfenstein but there's no comparison here, a character portrayed in cutscenes is much more effective than audio logs. Rip is also a much more realistic villain, you don't have to work hard to picture him as a real person because there are real people like him all over the world.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
This is surprisingly difficult to answer.

Obviously, Ted Faro caused more "global" harm. He's responsible for more harm and evil than Rip Blazkowcs was. But on a purely, say, human level, I find Rip to be so absolutely, viscerally repugnant, that I voted for him in the poll. I wouldn't blame anyone for voting for Ted, I understand it completely, I hated him too, very very much. But emotionally, there's something so inherently repulsive about Rip.

Now imagine someone like Rip but with Ted Faro's power and capital. Yeesh.

Ted Faro caused the almost extinction of all organic material on Earth
Ted Faro killed all dogs
....Yes. Yes.

But. Counter-point:
Well, Faro was responsible for the end of humanity, Rip only helped Nazis.
So of course the worst of the two is Rip

MerluzaSamus

Dec 3, 2018
Ted Faro is a fantasy villain... Quite hard to actually care.
Rip? He has no special powers, no army nor objectives. He is simply an abusive, racist asshole, not unlike any other you can find in real life. Makes it quite easy to hate.

Deleted member 46804

Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Ted Faro is a fantasy villain... Quite hard to actually care.
Rip? He has no special powers, no army nor objectives. He is simply an abusive, racist asshole, not unlike any other you can find in real life. Makes it quite easy to hate.
This so much. The BLM movement taking place right now has to do with rebelling against the Rip's of the world not the comic book villain Ted.

Siobhan

Oct 28, 2017
I voted for Ted because I never played Wolfenstein, and also I have a hard time imagining I could hate a bad guy more than Ted.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
They're both pretty tied on my end, tbh. But Rip wins in the end. EDIT: Rewatching scenes from both games, Rip wins handedly. Fuck him.

One small thing, is that I'll never forget the sheer hubris of Faro legit telling his engineers to encrypt these robots so that they were unhackable. Then when they were pretty much ravaging the world, he goes to the same engineers asking if there was any way to hack them. I could feel his engineers wanting to punch him so fucking hard.

Rip fucking collaborated with Nazis, and was absolutely willing to give his only son to them, even after giving them his wife. Incredible how they handled antisemitism in that game. So well done.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Rip hated my people and helped the Nazis. Ted made an poorly calculated fuck up as far as I remember so yeah, Rip I disliked more.

Dr. Sanchez

Nov 15, 2017
I never played the wolfenstein games, but Rip seems like absolute trash. Going with Ted Faro because I got mad as fuck when it was revealed what he did.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think my issue with Rip is he comes off as a fucking cartoon character. He is so evil its hard to take him seriously but that's kind of an issue with a lot of Wolfenstein 2, its fuck hamfisted as it gets. Ted Faro comes off as an actual human being instead of some snidely whisplash nazi who just is cruel for the sake of cruel.

gimbles123

Oct 27, 2017
Blazkowicz hits much closer to home because he actually exists. There were many men like him during WW2 and there are many men like him nowadays.

So that's my pick.

While I probably agree with you from the relatable perspective I think Ted Faro exists. People like Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Mark Zuckerberg are basically him without zero dawn.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
I feel like Ted being not a completely heartless asshole helped since it showed that he does know empathy

like, he feels guilt over all he did but because of that guilt he did the wrong thing just to ease some of that guilt

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Ted being not a completely heartless asshole helped since it showed that he does know empathy

like, he feels guilt over all he did but because of that guilt he did the wrong thing just to ease some of that guilt

This is kind of where I stand. Rip feels like a pastiche of evil character traits without the actual character. He's just evil nazi sympathizer times 100.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Faro.

Rip is shit, yeah. But Faro made me feel so much anger over the course of the game. At the end, when the game reveals that he's the reason why humanity's cultural bagage was lost, I was screaming at the TV, wishing I could jump in to fucking strangle the dude myself.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah lmao "kill the dog to feel sad guys, this is sad!"

what is this, Last of Us 2?

/S

I honestly expected Rip to the the last boss as some giant nazi cyborg. I know what they were going for but like a lot of the narrative elements in W2 it all kind of fell flat or turned out kind of laughable.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
In terms of their overall damage, Ted Faro easily takes the cake. Dude destroyed the human race and society as we know it. But, on a personal level Rip wins. At least Ted Faro's initial fuck up was an accident because he's a libertarian type tech bro who only cares about profit and doesn't heed caution. His subsequent erasure of humanity's history was at least partly based on some logic even if it was really to hide his failure to humanity.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The thing with Ted is you can't even do anything to him. You can't even tell him to go fuck himself since he's been long gone but you've been dealing with the fallout from his actions the entire game. Something about that fact just makes it burn all the worse.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
You know, I voted Ted Faro, but let me tell you what I really hate. And that is the fact that, after literally dooming all life on Earth to die, Ted Faro was still given the master override code to the project designed to resurrect everything later so he could literally fuck it up and doom everything to die again.

It's the ultimate "fool me once, fool me twice" scenario combined with the ultimate example of rich, white privilege.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
The thing with Ted is you can't even do anything to him. You can't even tell him to go fuck himself since he's been long gone but you've been dealing with the fallout from his actions the entire game. Something about that fact just makes it burn all the worse.

Yep.

And I hope the developers have the good sense to keep it that way. You should never have the opportunity to speak to Ted Faro or get some revenge on him through some AI surrogate copy of himself.

You know, I voted Ted Faro, but let me tell you what I really hate. And that is the fact that, after literally dooming all life on Earth to die, Ted Faro was still given the master override code to the project designed to resurrect everything later so he could literally fuck it up and doom everything to die again.

It's the ultimate "fool me once, fool me twice" scenario combined with the ultimate example of rich, white privilege.

He wasn't though. The override was something he created for himself in secret, irrc.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
The thing that pushes Faro over the edge for me is that he blasted humanity back to the goddamn Stone Age and erased tens of thousands of years of human history just because he didn't want to be remembered as causing the apocalypse

fuck Ted Faro

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Ted Faro wasn't even one of the most annoying or one of my most hated characters in the game. I barely even remember him and I finished the game two days ago.

I have never hated anyone more than Gildun.

latest

Of these two options, it's definitely Rip Blazkowicz.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly think Ted Faro character is more grounded than Rip, definitely over the top mustache twirling villain.

I voted Ted.

Feb 6, 2019
Ted Faro is somebody who could conceivably exist, and what he caused is something theoretically conceivable as well..

He didn't do it, he didn't want it, and he was devastated and horrified when he learned that his machines had gone rogue.. but still his carelessness led to the totally destruction of all life on the planet.. all animals, insects, plants, fish everything.

Then he decided human greed led to stuff like him (corporate greed) so he wiped the entire database of human knowledge (most of not all book, film, non fiction book, movie, song were all saved in the database)

In a way I think Ted Faro was right. I don't know if wiping the database would prevent it from happening again or not though.

Maybe, if he hadn't deleted it, the new humanity could have learned from it, and learned to not end up with out of control greed and capitalism?

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
The thing that pushes Faro over the edge for me is that he blasted humanity back to the goddamn Stone Age and erased tens of thousands of years of human history just because he didn't want to be remembered as causing the apocalypse

fuck Ted Faro

yep, purposely erasing all of human knowledge and history to save your ego after you've already caused an extremely torturous end to humanity is some grade S asshole shit

Blazkowicz is a good competitor though he is the type of evil that exists in the every day world, especially the America we live in today

Oct 27, 2017
Faro was greedy, incompetent and in the end driven mad by his own greed and incompetence.

Rip was cruel, a bully and a coward.

While on paper Faro obviously did more damage to the world, I hate Rip more. It's closer than I'd like to admit. Horizon tells that story so well.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Ted literally destroyed human civilization as we know it and forced them into a prehistoric age with mecha dinosaurs so...him.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I voted Rip for reasons already listed in this thread but yeah... still fuck Ted Faro.

Though weirdly stuff like Ted is why I actually love the story of Horizon. His, Elizabeth's, and the Alpha's stories honestly made an incredible back story for the game imho. The scene where he kills the Alpha's is incredible because of the rage it makes you feel for someone whom Aloy never even actually meets.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Ted Faro is somebody who could conceivably exist, and what he caused is something theoretically conceivable as well..

He didn't do it, he didn't want it, and he was devastated and horrified when he learned that his machines had gone rogue.. but still his carelessness led to the totally destruction of all life on the planet.. all animals, insects, plants, fish everything.

Then he decided human greed led to stuff like him (corporate greed) so he wiped the entire database of human knowledge (most of not all book, film, non fiction book, movie, song were all saved in the database)

In a way I think Ted Faro was right. I don't know if wiping the database would prevent it from happening again or not though.

Maybe, if he hadn't deleted it, the new humanity could have learned from it, and learned to not end up with out of control greed and capitalism?
I think you give that scuzzbucket too much credit for something he wasn't thinking of. He let his machines get worse in the name of war profiteering. He was so ashamed of his idiotics that he actually went even more idiotic and killed the scientists trying to save what was left of humanity. He then wiped out the human knowledge so that whoever came after wouldn't even now it was him who caused it (and still got found!) regardless of the fact it was going to be hundreds of years or more (to their estimates). He literally doomed humanity and most life on the planet then tried to cover his tracks to nobody who would know him or care by nearly preventing it from coming back at all.

Rip was a piece of shit but I don't think even he would do something that stupid and awful all for his own "gain".

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

Ted couches his reasoning for killing the Alphas, hell maybe he even convinces himself. But the reality is that he did it because he didn't want humanity to know he destroyed human civilization. How can humanity learn not to repeat a mistake if they never learn about it?

Ted's actions make no sense and possibly dooms humanity to repeat the mistakes.

FuddyDuddy

Nov 4, 2019
I voted Ted because he doomed humanity, possibly twice. I can totally understand if you voted Rip though. I was tempted to as well even. The fact that so many people like him existed and continue to exist makes him a completely despisable character.