• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Since March, I have:

• Dined inside at a restaurant

Votes: 1,016 26.5%
  • Dined outside at a restaurant

Votes: 1,087 28.4%
  • Gotten takeout/curbside pickup/drive thru from a restaurant

Votes: 2,640 68.9%
  • Gotten delivery from a restaurant

Votes: 2,242 58.5%
  • Worked at a restaurant

Votes: 46 1.2%
  • Worked as a delivery driver for a restaurant

Votes: 19 0.5%
  • None of the above

Votes: 324 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
I went to an outdoor winery on Friday that had table service which was the first time I've done anything like that since March, but otherwise just carryout or delivery for me.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
I've eaten inside, outside, takeaway pretty much every variation. I've also been drinking at my local pub.

The plus side is that I'm out in the countryside and we've had a handful of confirmed cases.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Since March I have:

-Worked my retail job on location.
-Gone to the grocery store every other week.
-Went to the barber once.
-Went to an eye doctor appointment (because my glasses got cracked and my prescription was too old to get a replacement without a new one).
-Picked up a new pair of glasses.
-Picked up 8 months worth of comic books after my comic shop called me asking if I still wanted them (I didn't think they'd reopened and felt bad)

And nothing else.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
I've done all the dining in and around restaurants. My county has been doing really well with precautionary mandates and mask requirements. I've never sat down at a table less than 10 feet from another party or even seen a restaurant doing this.

You could not pay me to go to a bar right now though.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I've only done takeout and delivery. Only one place have I had to actually go inside to pick it up, but that was when capacity was restricted to less than 25%. I've driven by that place a few times in the past few weeks, and it's been packed, so I probably won't be going back there until restrictions are put back in place (lol), or everything goes back to normal some time next year.

New002

Oct 25, 2017
To pick up a carry out order yep. Have done delivery and drive-thru at places as well. No interest in dining in anywhere, whether that be indoors or in an outside patio setup.

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
I cannot even picture going inside a restaurant right now to place an order, much less to eat inside one.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I have, yes.

Only once inside, once outside. But I have.

We've done delivery/curbside pickup often.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
At most I have only approached the entrance to take my order. That's it. I usually try to have it delivered to my home.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I used to eat out every day before covid started. Now, I've only ordered pickup a handful of times since March.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Closest I've done is eating outside of a restaurant, distanced away from other people. Can't pay me to eat inside one.

Oct 27, 2017
I admit, since March I've dined inside 4 times >_>
The numbers of cases in the are were at <100/day, everyone was well spaced, and they were at a really reduced capacity
I still felt weird and haven't done it in some months

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Last time I sat down to eat at a diner/restaurant was March, about a week before my city locked down. Since then I've only done takeout, and even that hasn't been often.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Inside? God no. Asking for trouble.
Outside? Yes, if there is large enough space. Maybe 4 or 5 times? If the outside space is enclosed in a tent or something similar, or if the tables are too close together, then I don't go near it.

I mostly order take out and eat it in the car if either my SO or I are impatient.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I have dined inside five restaurants I think. It is a much nicer experience now that they are leaving so much room between tables, you don't feel like you are stuffed into the table.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've dined in a resteraunt exactly three times since the start of Covid.

Our active case count is relatively low though and we have mandatory mask enforcement so I do feel relatively safe.

Wolfgav

Oct 27, 2017
Glass City.
I was considering going to a restaurant today since it is the weekday and probably less busy. But the better half of me thinks it's a terrible idea, and a steak isn't worth COVID.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dined inside once, feels bad clicking that upper checkbox. I've dined outside like 5-6 times and I think that's fine. Nothing wrong with getting delivery/pick-up, I do that almost every day.

mikhailguy

Banned
Jun 20, 2019
I ate inside of a McDonald's about a week and a half ago -- I appear to be fine.

Wouldn't do it again though.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
I went one single time during noon for lunch, this was just as they were re-opening, and it was actually quite nice. Huge spacing between tables, Giant plexiglass between as well, AC on full blast for circulation, and almost empty inside.

I left thinking I'm not doing this again because it just didn't seem worthwhile, and 2, feeling sad for these restaurants because there's no way they're making enough that way.

But other than that 1 time, nope, and never felt the need to. Also this was early lockdown when restaurants were being overly cautious. Walking by some today and they've thrown caution to the wind.

WinniethePimp

Oct 26, 2017
EU
I have not eaten inside a restaurant and will not do so for the foreseeable time.
I have done pickup though, but that wasn't for me, my partner wanted that so bad that i caved...(with proper precautions of course) if it were up to me alone, i wouldn't have done it though. Unfortunately, not everyone has the same willpower and discipline to wait this out so....

Oct 27, 2017
Have not been to a restaurant, no.
We've gotten delivery countless times. There's basically no risk in that considering it's all contact-less and they leave the stuff at the door.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
I've been to the same restaurant twice I think and that's it. I do drive thru/delivery all the time though

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Eating inside a restaurant is tied with going to the movies as my final frontier. I'm not doing that until a point of real safety.

I thought people around here in NJ/NY would be smart and stay outside... as soon as that shit opened up, people went inside. Good luck!

I will eat outside at a place when tables are apart and you can tell the staff is observing rules... outside of that, I'm good at home.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
I've eaten a pastry outside one cafe, and I've eaten a burger at an outdoor pop-up. That's it since February; no takeout or anything else, and definitely no dining in.

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
If I were to go sit down inside a restaurant, my anxiety would kick up tenfold. I don't even like going inside stores right now, tbh.

I was driving by a shopping plaza last night and saw a cold stone wedged between two other restaurants, and I was amazed at the fact that all three places were packed, cars were having trouble finding spots, and people were everywhere.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not dining inside of any restaurant for the foreseeable future.

Only place I'll go is grocery store or select shopping locations on rare occasions (the only stores I've been to have be to Uniqlo and BR (just return something).

I have dined out on a patio - friends were visiting Chicago so we found a spot to grab drinks and eat out outside about a month ago. There was barely anyone there.

I've gotten take-out plenty of times through the summer and have added extra precautions before eating food (sanitizing hands after touching bag that food came in), re-heating food, etc

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't dined in, carried out or gotten delivery. My body is probably thanking me, but I get hit with the cravings sometimes.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
The first time I ate outside was this last labor day: the restaurant was by a river and they have a nice separate setup outside with lines up tape and ample linear spacing between tables. Even walking through the restaurant had like a linear way they wanted you to take it to minimize exposure.

The downside: on my way to the outside while not full, the restaurant was doing regular business inside with nobody wearing masks OR obeying those rules but the servers.

Considering it's a bit more rural area and a BBQ spot (there were hogs outside, some bikers inside) for all that planning on their end I assume that it was a battle they tried to have with their normal clientelle and lost. I enjoyed my meal, but intentionally avoided the bathroom, tipped the server well an wished em luck, lol. Last time I think I am going to eat outside for the foreseeable future, lol.

Last edited:

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
Since July I ate at restaurants, went to the gym, went to book fair, joined 3 separate half-marathon running events, but then again, I lived in a country that had mandatory lock down of all businesses from March to July, and where anti-mask movement is non-existent.