• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
original
original.gif

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lilith and her three Oankali mates were pretty great in the first Xenogenesis book by Octavia Butler. Butler did a great job writing the central relationships in Fledgling too, in that case a vampire and her family of human captives / sex partners. Butler does an amazing job of writing love and sex across difference with complex (and not always 100% consensual) dynamics.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Man, I watched Avatar years after it finished airing with only a vague notion of shipping wars. Which is why I was slightly confused by how nothing that relationship is. After the initial betrayal, where they stood seemed pretty ironclad.

Maybe speculation was different waiting weeks between episodes.

It's just that there were moments in season 3 that felt like the writers were rebuilding that relationship with a specific intent. Katara crying over Zuko after the final fight with Azula seemed extremely "this is where they kiss" to me, and then they just didn't.

Especially since I thought her love for Aang always came off as more familial than romantic.

OP
OP
Garlador

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's just that there were moments in season 3 that felt like the writers were rebuilding that relationship with a specific intent. Katara crying over Zuko after the final fight with Azula seemed extremely "this is where they kiss" to me, and then they just didn't.

Especially since I thought her love for Aang always came off as more familial than romantic.
I thought they sunk that ship during the play episode, where they misinterpreted their relationship and poked fun at it.

tumblr_p5nudnJmhF1sieiueo1_500.gif

Granted, I'm sure that made some fans just ship it even harder.

Mar 30, 2019
I've been playing House in Fata Morgana lately. I don't typically seek out romance plots. But the writing here is surprisingly better than I expected. I am somewhere in the middle of the fifth door and finding the developing tragic relationship sweet.

Giselle and Michel

Although, I am anticipating the potential twists that are about to be unvealed. The way the recurring tragedies happened so far have me anxious.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
Fleabag and hot priest. That one cuts deep, probably relatable for a lot of people on different levels.
fleabag-f941.jpg