• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 4292

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been looking for Streamers and YouTubers are genuinely funny, but it's hard to watch anything without immediately thinking, "is this person a scumbag" with everything that's been going on the past couple years.

I've been watching Jerma985 lately (but I have this sinking feeling that he's not exactly the person I think he is) as I find him to be entertaining and funny from the YouTube videos he's uploaded.

Last edited:

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
RetroGaijin is a really cool streamer. American dude living in Japan, seems down to earth, funny, good community.

Cohhcarnage is a good dude from what I can tell and has a fantastic community.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
JackFrags and SkillUp are my go too's.

Really like Jimmy Broadbent, Super-GT, Datto and Raycevick.

Bjoern

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Streamers:
Carlsagan42 - Legit funny and interesting speedrunner, actual scientist and Mario Maker streamer
Maximillian_dood - Fighting games. All of them. Lots of it. Also Final Fantasy and Bloodborne
HeyZeusHeresToast - amazing Bloodborne speedrunner
Vinesauce - all around great dude

YouTubers:
Ahoy - incredible in-depth documentaries about all kinds of games, as well as real-love weapons and their usage in videogames
Scott the Woz - Just recently got into that guy and he's actually kinda funny and informative about the topics he tackles
Summoning Salt - if you're interested about the history of speedruns for various well-known games then this is the channel to check out. Very in-depth, super interesting

I'd post more but I'm currently at work.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Streamers: Dansgaming, Lirik, Cirno_TV, GiantWaffle ... yeah those are probably my favs. And Soda but he isnt streaming currently.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Vinny and Joel are cool because for the most part they feel like they're just being themselves without embellishing their personalities for an audience.

The only time Vinny breaks out a facecam is when he's taking the piss out of dudebro twitch streamers as V-Dub.

Last edited:

Vyrance

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
CohhCarnage and Maximillian are pretty wholesome. Lirik is my favorite though, I enjoy his potato aim no matter the game

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I pretty much exclusively watch girls who are easy on the eyes and have bubbly personalities cause I'm that guy.

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
Scott The Woz if I wanna listen to something informative and dumb-funny (in a good way)

Lucahjin if I wanna turn my brain off and be entertained

InsideGaming just simply for the gags

Maximilian Dood just cause I really enjoy his insight into fighting games even if I don't play them usually

May 10, 2019
I honestly find most primarily-retro games streamers like Macaw45, slowbeef, and AnnK_ to be pretty well adjusted and easy to watch/listen to.

LoneWolfHunter

Banned for abusing Giftbot
Banned
Aug 27, 2019
LIRIK. No facecam, has little tolerance for idiots, is a variety streamer and the SubSundays are awesome.

Cirrus

Oct 25, 2017
Lirik and CohhCarnage are my goto. Both are variety streamers, but Lirik focusing more on shooters, whereas Cohh focuses more on RPGs.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
LIRIK is my fav variety streamer.

after a weird TFT phase, I'm going down an OfflineTV youtube vortex.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Avalanche Reviews

A couple of months ago I wanted to watch retrospective views of video games and movies and I stumbled upon this guy. He recently got into the Resident Evil series despite initially having no interest in it. Needless to say, he ended up reviewing the entire series. It was very fun watching his videos and hearing what he thought of each game.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
There's a bunch of really cool streamers. SimCopter1, Cringer, Limealicious, a_seagull for example.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Me

I really love Vinesauce, both Joel and Vinny. That is to say anything during or before 2016 is subject to have not aged very well. But their recent acts seem cleaned up.

I also recommend Mega64, their more recent episodes of their podcast, and their GDC videos and documentaries.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Allow me to add to the list of people saying Northernlion.

I'll also shout out LoadingReadyRun. If you're looking for a group that definitely aren't arseholes (not that NL is either!), you can't do better than them. In addition that have a lot of variety (including video games, board games, card games and so much more) and a welcoming community. They also run the Desert Bus For Hope charity marathon each year.

saladdays

Sep 11, 2018
I don't know if he's been mentioned yet, but Northernlion is my favorite streamer/youtuber by far. Probably the only gaming channel I watch that isn't just about gaming history.

raangz

Oct 30, 2017
Let's Game It Out

Plays lots of indies, simulators, tycoon games, and really janky early access titles. Always plays them in the worst ways possible. Never laughed so hard at youtube videos ever; literally loling at almost all his vidz.

As far as being a shitty person... no idea! Can't find any information about this guy (other than his name being Josh). He doesn't share any personal information or talk really about anything else outside the game.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
LazyGamereviews is great, even if he moved away from Games to retro Technology, I still love his videos and he still doesn occasional videos about Retro PC games and he stillkept his tradition of doing the Edutainment month in april.

NitroRad does really really well researched videos about 3D Plattformers and Horror games, very informative and you can tell that he knows what he's talking about.
I love the Discussions on GameXplain before bigger gaming events.
SomeCallMeJohnny and Antdude are also pretty great.
They all fall more into the Nintendo/Ps2 era style game category.

Spawnwave does cool teardown videos of gaming hardware and the Spawncast discussions every week are pretty good, even if most people apart from Nate aren't really worth watching outside of there.

Someone also mentioned SkillUp, really well thought out reviews of current games.

Oh and also can't forget Valve New Network for crazy Valve theories and genuine leaks.
His reaction to the HL:Alyx reveal was very emotional, loved it.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I only watch 3 on a semi-regular basis these days.

Vinesauce, with Vinny being my favorite.
CallmeKevin who is just a genuinely funny guy, and then Game Grumps.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
quill18 is a fun strategy game Youtuber/streamer that I enjoy watching. He's not the best strategically, but I find his personality and gameplay fun to watch regardless.

Matt Barton is an amazing channel if you love classic CRPGs or older PC games in general. He's had amazing interviews with the likes of John Romero, Chris Avellone, Brenda Romero, Robert Sirotek, George Ziets, Tim Cain, Robert Woodhead, and many, many more. He also occasionally does reviews for classic and modern CRPGs. This guy doesn't get anywhere near the traffic or recognition he deserves IMO.

Somecallmejohnny for great indepth looks at entire series including Sonic, Metroid, Castlevania, Pokemon, Mega Man, and many more. I rewatch a lot of his Johnny vs. retrospectives/reviews just because he's got a great personality and is fun to listen to.

CGQ+ is an offshoot channel of Classic Gaming Quarterly that focuses more on vlogs from Chris' life growing up in the 80's, and as well his streams for various classic console games from stuff like the NES, Genesis, Playstation, etc. I like this channel more mostly due to Chris' ability to pull me back into a time in my youth and hit those nostalgia notes really hard, but his game play streams are also fun and often informative. His main channel Classic Gaming Quarterly is also very interesting and educational. He does overviews of console launches (including insight on all launch games), and cool stuff like classic gaming magazine read throughs. Great stuff.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Don't watch many streamers but on youtube i have a few i watch

Beardmeatsfood - Competitive eater but genuinely really nice guy. Totally amazed with how much he can put away

Davey504- Online Bass player with a dry sense of humour. Iv'e laughed so hard to some of his videos

Kitboga- Amazing guy that takes on different personalities to waste the time of scammers in weird and wonderful ways

don't really watch many gamers, i used to be subbed to loads but i deleted most of them now

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
Lethalfrag streams and uploads to yt. His content is a big variety of roguelikes and he is highly skilled. I love him.
Day9 and Brian Kibler are good dudes who play card games. I love the yt show called "what the deck!" From them and noxious
TrumpSC makes good hearthstone videos.
epicnamebro streams and uploads videos to a new channel.
CarlSagan42 and GrandPooBea and Panga upload really difficult mario maker videos. Always amazing to watch.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
Youtubers

Joseph Anderson
Jim Sterling
Super Bunnyhop
Game Maker's Toolkit
Scott the Woz
Iron Pineapple
ThePruld

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Avoidingthepuddle - nice and friendly streamer. Main game is Tekken but he plays lots of other stuff as well. Very entertaining.