• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
I'd like to get to know some of the really good comic book TV villains from the past few years that I haven't experienced. So who's some of your favorites or some really good comic book TV villains from the past few years? I'll give my list from the stuff I've watched.

6170328-8534417030-5166282-1707976235-latest

Eobard Thawne/Reverse Flash of course. He's been one of the top villains in CB TV from the past 4 years. He constantly delivers. He's always well written and well acted. Except Crisis on Earth X. We don't talk about that version of him. Every other time he shows up in a show, it's always delightful. He's a unique, menacing and well written villain with depth and good motivations. I also love his weird love-hate relationship he has with Barry and Team Flash. Like he cares about them but also hates them. His theme song never fails either. Hopefully he returns in Crisis on Infinite Earths.

robin_lord_taylor_as_the_penguin_on_gotham.jpg

Robin Lord Taylor has given us the best live action version of The Penguin ever in Gotham. He was simply wonderful as Oswald Cobblepot and Penguin. He was always a joy to watch. Gotham casted perfectly with Penguin.

wilson-fisk-daredevil-1280-1540329094101_1280w.jpg

Vincent D'Onofrio was really amazing as Wilson Fisk. Giving us one of the best MCU villains of all time. A villain with depth and layers. Marvel nailed it with this version of Kingpin.

Gotham-jerome-jeremiah-joker.jpg

Cameron Monaghan has given me one of my favorite versions of The Joker on screen. His 2 versions of Mr J were fantastic. They both paid respect to the comics and to performances before. Both versions of his Joker really captured The Joker well and showed us why he's a great villain. Cameron Monaghan's acting as them was also fantastic. Gotham's Joker situation really allowed them to give us 2 different Joker personalities and to make it more creative. I'm gonna miss Cameron's versions of The Joker.

JJ_killgrave_1050_591_81_s_c1.jpg

David Tenant as Killgrave has also given us a top MCU villain. He's so well acted and written. He does the villain thing to perfection. He's powerful, complex, menacing, he makes you root for the hero and he's creepy.

That's all I've got. So what's your list of great villains from recent years in comic book TV.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
since I don't see the villain from Doom Patrol in your OP stop reading this thread and go watch Doom Patrol already :P

morden.jpg

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
This guy, and he ain't even really a villain.

Not from this decade though, but he popped up in a movie in recent years!

latest

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
Bullseye in Netflix's Daredevil Season 3 was excellent. His slow-ish descent towards outright villian was masterfully done.

c121e2bc4310d8b0d426a16647228a9f150d2d5c.jpg

Also, as a parent who has to endure shit like Mr. Tumble, Sonny Shine from Happy! was terrifying...

cast_happy_sonnyshine.jpg

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Adrian Chase is ten moves ahead and you haven't even figured out what game he's playing.

maxresdefault.jpg

Supergirl had a lot of great villains last season, particularly these two - Manchester Black and Agent Liberty

12.jpg

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I am not too hot on comic book adaptations (especially movies which have been ok at best), but TV adaptations gave us a huge list of incredible villains and performances: Kilgrave, Fisk, Negative Man, Farouk, Homelander... all spot-on.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I love me some Bushmaster from season 2 of Luke Cage but could just be me. I don't think he's better than some of the ones listed here like Homelander, Kingpin, Kilgrave and Reverse Flash.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Going by what hasn't been posted yet:

D'Spayre from Cloak and Dagger.

latest

Miss Lint from The Tick.

Chester Wilson from Deadly Class.

latest

Though AIDA, Mr. Nobody, the Shadow King, the Legion of Doom, Tobais, Chase, Deathstroke, Thrawne, Kingpin and Manchester Black were some of my favorites.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
D'Onfrio absolutely killed it. Some great ones mentioned, but he is the King.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Damian Darhk, he chewed the hell out of some scenery

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
The lack of Doom Patrol mentions in this thread is just super duper duper depressing. (I think I'm the only one that mentioned it early on)

I have to assume no one has watched it otherwise it would be on your list as Mr. Nobody is amazing #_#

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
Damian Darhk, he chewed the hell out of some scenery

That scene where he just wrecks shop to "Return of the Mack" is almost better than Legends deserves, and I really like Legends!

The lack of Doom Patrol mentions in this thread is just super duper duper depressing. (I think I'm the only one that mentioned it early on)

I have to assume no one has watched it otherwise it would be on your list as Mr. Nobody is amazing #_#

I mean, it's Alan Tudyk. Of course he's great.

Oct 25, 2017
Gotham villains were excellent
Lex Luthor in Supergirl was amazing
Mr Nobody on Doom Patrol
Prometheus on S5 of Arrow

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Purple Man from Jessica Jones.

Dude has a super power that could basically let him solo The Avengers and instead he uses it for incredibly personal petty evil shit. It makes him such a scarier thing to be up against.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
For people who took something that was previously fucking ridiculous and did something remarkable with it... Krondon's Tobias Whale, Taylor's Penguin, and Tennant's Kilgrave. Whale was just a weird ass Kingpin before Krondon inhabited him.