• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Ardyn Izunia from Final Fantasy XV is my current favorite. Better than Kefka and Seph.

He's the absolute best.
I loved Ardyn from 15.
I didn't like the game but found Ardyn in FFXV likeable and had swag, excellent voice acting too.
Facts
tumblr_pn60uvk4Yl1sksh9qo2_540.gif

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
I really hope that rumoured update to ease new players into FF14 comes soon because I really need to see Emet Selch for myself. He sounds really good.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
j5In8yR.jpg

Really good motivations and a tragic figure in her own, though she doesn't lean on it. In a world abandoned by the goddess, she chose to become the goddess herself in order to protect it.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I really hope that rumoured update to ease new players into FF14 comes soon because I really need to see Emet Selch for myself. He sounds really good.
The ARR rework is scheduled for patch 5.3, which is coming out this summer. It's only reworking the base game and it's patches though, you'd still have two expansions to get through before you get to Shadowbringers

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017

Loved this scene, it just says so much about him.

This is the moment he had convinced his own ailing father to be murdered by him for the sake of the family. It just shows everything about what kind of person he is. He even repeats his own father's words soon after he murdered him "and so House Solidor lives on"

Deleted member 4262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kuja, Edea/Ultimecia, Vayne (me and 3 other people like him!), and Rufus Shinra are some of my favourites.

Haven't met this Emet-Selch fella yet as I'm only level 72.

TorianElecdra

Feb 25, 2020
Ultimecia has the best potential. I love the tragedy around her. She is iconic.

Kuja is cool too. Ardyn is meh.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The true villain of FF14 is this stupid fish that robbed hours of my life.

gzPxCfq.png

The Warden of the Seven Hues requires a lot of nonsense to get its intuition window, and even then, you're probably going to have to go through it several times to actually land the stupid thing.

Last edited:

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
So what makes 14 dude so special? I'm only just dipping my toe into XIV so I don't imagine I'll see it myself any time soon.

In a nutshell, he gives context to the mysterious masked villians behind all the major conflicts in the game this far. That's a tall order, and more importantly it was well written. Unlike a regular main villain who comes in at the beginning to job your character, show up once in the middle, and die at the end, emet was written to be part of the expansions story throughout meaning he was justifiably and convincingly built up unlike most game that have to result to flashback or stupid audiologs to fill in gaps. Narratively he has a reason to not be against you either because as always, he has a plan. Combine that with brilliant voice acting, a strong script, and finally, an absolutely STELLAR final act and it catapults him to the top of any villain list.

It's just a shame most people will never experience shadowbringers

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Delita is it, 100%. He plays the game in such a fantastic way and has a really interesting moral compass that is followed through on. Also you never get to fight him--you only get to see him succeed thanks to what you do to set him up.

The final scene with him and Ovelia is fucking raw. I audibly gasped.

Also it's all even better because you know the Delita is such a well respected leader--he does such a good job positioning himself as such, while Ramza fades away into history.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I haven't played enough Final Fantasies to give a fully informed answer, but I thought Ardyn in FFXV was fantastic. He's an interesting character with a lot of charisma and a sympathetic backstory.

I'm a big fan of the plot device where the villain is genuinely friendly with the heroes until their differing goals force a sharp break in their truce.

Ardyn fucking sucks, reaffirming FF as having awful villains outside of the few people already know were decent.
Hell no.

Last edited:

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Tough choice between Caius and Ardyn.

Fuck man, Ardyn literally drops plot on a dude at the end of the game, that's some high tier swag.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Shit, apparently I need to play Shadowbringers.

Until I see the light, though, my answer's going to have to be Ardyn. I just wish FFXV told its story in a way that did the character justice.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
iu

Wiegraf from Final Fantasy Tactics.
He did nothing wrong.
Yeah, Wiegraf and Argath are both also fab. Some mint lines between them, like this bit from Wiegraf:

Wiegraf: "*chuckle* All such tales of gods and their miracles are false. Those who would lead prefer that history suit their needs, and rewrite it to see that it does. And why shouldn't they? The fault lies not with them. The reeking masses yearn for gods and miracles. It is their opiate, and they consume it greedily. The people do not endeavor towards greatness, but rather mire themselves in their petty strifes - shackles on the feet of man. Their leaders give them no more than that for which they clamor. It is history's oldest and most oft-repeated tale. Do men exploit this weakness to dominate their fellows? Mayhap they do. But they succeed only because the people are eager to know such dominion. Gods are only illusions born of man's fear. It is they who see this charade for what it is and join in the pageantry who are to blame.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Put me down for Emet Selch as well. By far the best villain in the FF franchise, though I did really enjoy Vayne from FF12 as well.