• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I got Chipotle for the first time in quite a while today because I saw they started doing cauliflower rice. It's honestly not bad. It does seem like my bowl is a lot smaller than it has been in the past though.

Been trying to do low carb / flirting with Keto for a couple weeks. There are so many new options with cauliflower. It's the new trendy vegetable have a seat Kale!

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, it was pretty fucking awful when I tried it. Felt like it was adding too much of its flavor to everything else and felt completely out of place in the mix.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had it for dinner tonight. It's just ok. The $2 upcharge is fucked, but you're dropping like 150+ calories over the rice which isn't insignificant.

Oct 27, 2017
You can easily make cauliflower rice or just buy it in supermarkets if you wanna try it. Personally you kind of have to sauté it a bit with some sauces to make it taste not so aggressively like cauliflower

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Eating chipotle in a pandemic is like tap dancing in a minefield, no thanks.

(I did enjoy it before they started to get people seriously ill though)

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The trend of making Cauliflower into other things from my tries has been mediocre at best. Between Cauliflower Rice and Cauliflower Crust, none of it tastes like a good substitute for what it's trying to claim. Compared to say the stuff they've managed out of Almonds that has worked out quite well.

OP
OP
MrRob

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I had it for dinner tonight. It's just ok. The $2 upcharge is fucked, but you're dropping like 150+ calories over the rice which isn't insignificant.
Yeah I was a little surprised at the up charge but I'm used to paying a little more to eat healthier from making most of my meals so it wasn't a dealbreaker.

I do agree that it def adds to the wetness of the bowl though. Had to put it in a real bowl when I got home. Probably ate a little recycled cardboard

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
There's no Chipotle here, but I love cauliflower rice (and everything else with cauliflower).

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Haven't tried Chipotle's, but cauliflower rice is awesome. Use it for cooking all the time. You can get huge bags for cheap from Costco.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I like cauliflower but as its own thing and not necessarily as a substitute for rice.

Mashed cauliflower is a pretty decent sub for potatoes though. Especially if garlic is going in there.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
I eat cauliflower rice couple times a week in place of rice so I would definitely try a sofritas bowl with cauliflower rice. Throw my own tofu in there to give it some more texture and that might be pretty sick tbh.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017

I've always felt like the portion sizes are way too small for what they charge in the first place. You're looking at what, $15, for a small bowl of cauliflower rice and a few pieces of meat?

OP
OP
MrRob

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've always felt like the portion sizes are way too small for what they charge in the first place. You're looking at what, $15, for a small bowl of cauliflower rice and a few pieces of meat?
Yeah close. I think mine was 13 something. But I got guacamole too bc I'm a baller.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't eaten chiptole in almost a decade but those prices seem crazy

Katori

Oct 30, 2017
They took away the ability to add fajita veggies to a regular protein bowl for free in DoorDash/UberEats for this, so I hate it forever.

to be fair that was an insanely good deal but I'd even pay a buck or two. It's just not possible now. You'd have to get half protein half fajita veggies and I don't even know if that's possible either. So fuck cauliflower rice.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
It's not bad, but the up charge on it is embarrassing. First and last time I'll get it.

Oct 25, 2017
Had it today as well, surprisingly not bad. When mixed with the rest of my bowl provide a nice bulk to the meal that is otherwise lacking with no beans and no rice. Would get again.

Oct 29, 2017
A person ahead of me got to taste test it and said, "Aw, that tastes like sauerkraut." And that was all I needed to hear to avoid it (even as a person who likes sauerkraut).

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
I'll give it a go next time I'm traveling.

Qdoba's Keto Bowl was pretty good, if a tad bit small. I fixed it by adding more of my own salad and then topping it with the diablo queso.

ProtomanNeo

Oct 27, 2017
Had it in a burrito for dinner a couple of nights ago. It's okay but didn't hold together well. I think if I get a bowl or salad I'll get it again but not in the burrito.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
I just hate that it makes the entire place smell like cauliflower now. I would try it but not for 2 bucks

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I got it recently when getting it delivered because of a promo deal and I thought they left it out at first because my bowl container was noticeably not as full as normal. Unless work was buying lunch from there, not sure if I would get it again.

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
I tried it and it almost tastes, to me, like they overdid it on the seasoning to balance out the cauliflower taste and it didn't go well. Sticking with regular cilantro lime.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't but I'm going to try Qdoba's cauliflower mash when I get the chance tomorrow I think.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I'd like to try it, but a $2 upcharge is fucking insane

That's probably realistic honestly given the cost of ingredients in comparison

Rice is dirt cheap, cauliflower.. isn't, and needs to be broken down into the "rice" and has a more involved cooking process (can't just throw it in the rice steamer and expect it to taste good).

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
The trend of making Cauliflower into other things from my tries has been mediocre at best. Between Cauliflower Rice and Cauliflower Crust, none of it tastes like a good substitute for what it's trying to claim. Compared to say the stuff they've managed out of Almonds that has worked out quite well.

Cauliflower rice works really well with curry, made a jalfrezi the other day and it was super tasty.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Comes out best finely shredded, salted, let sit, pat dry. I mastered it the 3rd time I did it. I don't know if that's the official way or whatever, but I cook a lot and salt + pat dry works for tons of things. It also mellows out the flavor. Cook on high heat.

I'm a huge fan and I actively don't like cauliflower lol