• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
vAwYpqV.gif

Doing God's work...lmao...

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Also, being very familiar with the NYPD. I'm happy the man was not killed. Jesus at this whole story. Very scary.

Eh, don't let it fool you. NYC is incredibly segregated. A lot of Central Park is a white yuppie paradise too. Her privilege was obvious. She acted like she owned the park.

PanickyFool knows what's up here too.

I had a coworker that was a partner at a consulting firm, so he was making big bucks and was very successful. He's a black man. But he also lived in the Upper West Side, one of the whitest NYC neighborhoods. He constantly got looks of like he didn't belong there. He hated it.

Facts. NYC and NY in general is racist as shit. Going upstate is like going down south. NYC and Long Island are segregated like shit. People keep acting like only conservatives can be racists...

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
A lot. She knows her position in society pulls higher than any black man.

I get it but at the same time what else will get the next would-be Karen to fall back with that noise? She could have legit got dude killed. She willingly abused her white privilege, her "status" as a white woman in distress to try and get a bunch of goons to handle dude. How many times cops see a cell phone and put 8 bullet holes in someone in America. She did all that and I'm supposed to have some high minded ideal about the way in which she got checked on her bullshit?
I agree with you. I didn't intend to make it seem as if I was imposing the idea that the we all should be concerned about how she got checked, you're definitely allowed to not care and like I said, I've come around on my consternation. I can only speak for myself and my particular niche concern is the use of the internet in daily life and how it spreads information. In this particular case, my observation is not worthwhile which was not a conclusion I had arrived at until after I posted it.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Man, the first part is bad enough but near the end when she fucking deliberately changes to a frantic tone... I just can't even man.

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, being very familiar with the NYPD. I'm happy the man was not killed. Jesus at this whole story. Very scary.

Eh, don't let it fool you. NYC is incredibly segregated. A lot of Central Park is a white yuppie paradise too. Her privilege was obvious. She acted like she owned the park.

PanickyFool knows what's up here too.

I had a coworker that was a partner at a consulting firm, so he was making big bucks and was very successful. He's a black man. But he also lived in the Upper West Side, one of the whitest NYC neighborhoods. He constantly got looks of like he didn't belong there. He hated it.
Stop going against the narrative that NYC is paradise in way and the rest of the country would be so much better if it was like NYC.

It is only the most segregated major city in the country. Don't turn off the autofellate machine.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
So apparently she's got a history of her dog getting hurt where she miraculously looks like a hero saving it. Only had that dog since 2018, either really accident prone or something worse.

Seeing how she was strangling it with the collar makes me wonder.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Stop going against the narrative that NYC is paradise in way and the rest of the country would be so much better if it was like NYC.

It is only the most segregated major city in the country. Don't turn off the autofellate machine.
I don't really think this narrative exists outside of the east coast.

I remember being a young Black boy hearing stories about the NYPD while living in LA...and having LAPD to worry about.

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
This shit is fucking terrifying. Black people we just go through a different kind of stress of living than others. I can't overstate how much of a mental and possibly physical burden it is to constantly think of interactions like this that could lead to potential police involvement which could easily go South. I'm glad he got it on video, if he didn't, no one would believe him. There's so much of this that happens that no one believes. And that just stays with you. It's no wonder even accounting for education and wealth, black folks consistently have worse health outcomes. Racism is a fucking cancer to our cells. Bruh I'm just tired.

Dec 13, 2018
After reading that heavy article... she getting fired for sure, that's so much shit / articles / attention she's getting and putting on her employer

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
I am discussing this very specific situation. If you're able to reply to that in your own words, feel free.

That's the difference between us. This very specific situation isn't that very specific. It's part of a history. So if you can't be bothered to read the link I provided then don't bother replying to me. It lays it out clearly for you.

But since you want me to reply in my own words, sure: How do you think it feels as a black person seeing us treated like that but then folks just wanna harp about their concern for the dog? "Oh well we know the guy's ok but how's Fido?!" Please don't figure out a way to all live matter with the dog....

...just don't.

It would been cool if an African American cop came.

FUCK THAT. They go harder.... Gotta prove they're "one of the good ones". And "Only color that matters to me is blue".

fenners

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure members will point to some other examples in other countries, but its honestly really weird how big of a "record anything and everything" culture Americans have.

I'm a white guy getting near to middle age living in the burbs in the US, and I don't 'record anything and everything' because I have no need to, outside of wanting to record my kids + family doing dumb stuff. My background + privilege make me safe. The guy recording this did so because it potentially saved his life.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago

There is no way NYC is worse than Chicago's blatant segregation. Agree with the rest though.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
User banned (2 months): dismissing concerns around racism over multiple posts
I'm a white guy getting near to middle age living in the burbs in the US, and I don't 'record anything and everything' because I have no need to, outside of wanting to record my kids + family doing dumb stuff. My background + privilege make me safe. The guy recording this did so because it potentially saved his life.

No, the guy recording this didn't do so because he was looking to save his life.

He had an issue with what the lady was doing and wanted everyone to know about it.

I don't disagree with him that what the woman was doing goes against park rules....but really???????

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Let me say that #worldstar didn't originate from anywhere else

No, the guy recording this didn't do so because he was looking to save his life.

He had an issue with what the lady was doing and wanted everyone to know about it.

I don't disagree with him that what the woman was doing goes against park rules....but really???????

What specifically makes you come to that conclusion?

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure members will point to some other examples in other countries, but its honestly really weird how big of a "record anything and everything" culture Americans have.
Yeah because it likely saved him from being shot dead by cops or ending up in Rikers for asking a white woman to obey the leash rules of the park because he simply wanted to enjoy some birdwatching.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Cause theres a video being taken of someone breaking a pretty harmless rule.

I mean, I personally wouldn't go down to my local park and take videos of people walking their dogs without a leash or not picking up their poop.
Are you black or a person of color that is constantly harassed, brutalized and murdered by the NYPD?

Do you live in NYC?

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017

Recording this might have stopped this man from being arrested. Imagine if the cops had arrived. They probably would have arrested him on suspicion of assault. Imagine some other black man in the park who the cops might have questioned about this.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What is so broken in you that you try to get someone killed because they told you to put a leash on your dog.

And what an indictment on the police in the US that everyone knows they can be used as a personal death squad.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
That's the difference between us. This very specific situation isn't that very specific. It's part of a history. So if you can't be bothered to read the link I provided then don't bother replying to me. It lays it out clearly for you.

But since you want me to reply in my own words, sure: How do you think it feels as a black person seeing us treated like that but then folks just wanna harp about their concern for the dog? "Oh well we know the guy's ok but how's Fido?!" Please don't figure out a way to all live matter with the dog....

Are you serious with this shit? It's not WRONG to express concern when the video is literally showing an abused dog.

It does NOT mean they don't care about the person involved.

Jesus Christ.

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017

This thread is why he recorded, because black people are often not believed that over white people in a he said she said. Many people are sitting in Rikers today for crimes they did not commit due to hysterical 911 calls.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Cause theres a video being taken of someone breaking a pretty harmless rule.

I mean, I personally wouldn't go down to my local park and take videos of people walking their dogs without a leash or not picking up their poop.

Your mistake is assuming he started recording the video right when he saw the dog off leash. He asked her to leash her dog politely prior to the video. When she didn't and escalated he started recording. That's just prudent in ANY situation in America where you're in a verbal altercation with a white woman. Why? Cause there's a chance she will do exactly what the fuck she did....

NYC has a massive bullshit housing problem that plays into it. Chicago literally engineered it's shitty segregation. Hearing white liberals talk about the "dangerous parts of town" is infuriating.

Oh absolutely. And sadly it's by design across the US. They NEVER wanted integration. Just enough desegregation to shut us up.

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wrong again.

My refusal to tolerate intolerance isn't the problem, and I don't freely give humanity to people who don't deserve it.

Stop wagging your finger at me and people who think like I do, and start raising your fist to the institutional structures that allow subhuman trash like this to KILL US WITH PHONE CALLS.
Well said.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Are you serious with this shit? It's not WRONG to express concern when the video is literally showing an abused dog.

It does NOT mean they don't care about the person involved.

Jesus Christ.
Stop being so defensive. Pointing out the messed up priorities is perfectly reasonable. "Jesus Christ", indeed.

olubode

Oct 28, 2017
Very happy to hear that the man is ok. I just hope the NYPD doesn't harrass this man now.
I'm also very interested if she will get any kind of package now. Yes she's a higher up, but this is a PR nightmare. Consider this was apparently on the company website earlier today. (It's Twitter so while I take it with a grain of salt, it's the most basic anti-racist statement from a corporate entity)

Also, FTI kinda doesn't want to be in the news right now. Apparently some fraction of 300k Indian investors, are pissed because of their inability to access $4billion USD in some kind of find. Good time ahead.

Oct 27, 2017
It's so sad (and unsurprising) that every time the color of our skin is vilified by fragile white people who try their best to get us murdered by cops for simply existing by exerting and weaponizing their privilege, these disclaimers from mods have to be made in these threads.

The fuck is wrong with people.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
I hope her life is ruined.

So do I. Shit touches a nerve with me. As a kid I never understood why my parents were so insistent to tell me how I need to be careful around white folks. They grew up in the Jim Crow south in the 40's and yet I see the type of shit that's STILL being pulled today I get it and it pisses me off to no end.

You know you dog should be on a leash. Just do it. Someone pointed it out. Apologize and move on. Not hard. But no, gotta let white pride fuck with you. Trying to weaponize that white womanhood is some filthy shit.

Before the internet, before cameras in our pockets back in the day this would have turned into a "white woman was assaulted" story via word of mouth. Getting more vicious with each telling. What chance would dude have in court?

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico

You are saying the dude was in the wrong for recording, bringing up world star, and saying the recording wouldn't have saved his life?

Do you know anything about american police and black men?

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very happy to hear that the man is ok. I just hope the NYPD doesn't harrass this man now.
I'm also very interested if she will get any kind of package now. Yes she's a higher up, but this is a PR nightmare. Consider this was apparently on the company website earlier today. (It's Twitter so while I take it with a grain of salt, it's the most basic anti-racist statement from a corporate entity)

Also, FTI kinda doesn't want to be in the news right now. Apparently some fraction of 300k Indian investors, are pissed because of their inability to access $4billion USD in some kind of find. Good time ahead.

jennerific obviously means well but posting Franklin Templeton's feelgood Generic inclusivity statement has nothing to do with their need to handle this carefully.

She's going to get fired and they reacted swiftly and appropriately. I'll be shocked if she isn't terminated tomorrow or within 48 hours — but no amount of yelling at Twitter is changing HR Policy and NY contract law in one Memorial Day afternoon.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
The way she was strangling that poor dog for fuck sakes. I'm glad she was outed and hopefully people will think twice before behaving this way in parks.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, so apologies if I am misreading your inflection, but even medium-sized cities along the coast tend to be segregated quite a bit. Come to Hampton Roads, I can show you the Filipino neighborhoods in Virginia Beach, the Indian section over in Norfolk, the blocks in Ocean View where the migrant South Americans flock to, etc. It ain't just New York my man. And we're like what, half their size across seven cities?

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, so apologies if I am misreading your inflection, but even medium-sized cities along the coast tend to be segregated quite a bit. Come to Hampton Roads, I can show you the Filipino neighborhoods in Virginia Beach, the Indian section over in Norfolk, the blocks in Ocean View where the migrant South Americans flock to, etc. It ain't just New York my man. And we're like what, half their size across seven cities?
Okay and I thought I was the only one that noticed how segregated some parts of the 757 happen to be. You can find some amazing Filipino food around here.