• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
1 Person does something awful.
2 They get punished for doing something awful.
2 Person apologizes for doing something awful.
3 "Fuck her and her apology"

So them getting punished and apologizing is clearly not enough. So - "what more do you want?"
She's in no way entitled to immediate forgiveness.

If she was sincere, she'd disappear for a period of time while having some legitimate introspection. Not immediately going online in an attempt to garner sympathy and get her job back. She's a selfish asshole. She can fuck right off.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

So them getting punished and apologizing is clearly not enough. So - "what more do you want?"

You have a list of things that apply to things like lying or cheating or any other actual short coming people can have without wanting to kill black people. That's an incredible amount of equivalence baked into your premise.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
She is the kind of person that other racists like Richard Spencer ridicule. Instead of resorting to racist talking points like "the richest black people commit more crimes than the poorest white people" or "we shouldn't have to pay reprimands for our ancestors' actions" or exercising racism systematically by suspending black students longer than white students, she just outright screams the n-word.

Sadly she is on the top of the iceberg when it comes to racism in the US. I think more people need to look deeper into the rabbit hole and see that the issue doesn't end at some idiot yelling a slur in public.

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
User Banned (2 Weeks): Trolling and derailing a sensitive thread over a series of posts, history of similar behaviour across multiple threads
Why she is a piece of shit one thing I noticed in this forum is a lot of you don't believe in redemption which is problematic

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

They want to not forgive someone loudly screaming that they want all of their kind dead. Have you put any thought into this at all?

Deleted member 17658

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

How about reach out to the community? I'm not talking about calling Jesse Jackson and having him vouch for you. I'm talking about putting yourself out there and be active in lending a helping hand in that community. Where's the amend? When you apologize to someone you're suppose to make amends with that person/s and when people do explicitly racist like this, they ALWAYS skip that part.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018

Just want to say here that I agree with the posters calling for her to spend a long time reflecting and working to better herself and also to eliminate racism in her communities and throughout the world.

As it turns out, this is not something that someone can just will into happening, as working to end racism is a process.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017

diiiiid you watch this video? Like I had to stop it, it is unbelievably foul. There's just... no way that her apology can be genuine or sufficient.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why she is a piece of shit one thing I noticed in this forum is a lot of you don't believe in redemption which is problematic

It's funny that y'all falling on this sword over somebody that got caught talking about genocide.

She can redeem herself. I am not required to give a single fuck about it.

I hope every time she puts on a shoe there's a sharp pebble in it.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know what is problematic? Racism. Let's deal with that first.

Oh wait, she's white and she said "my bad homie, sowwy". She's good. Fuck off.

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
You guys say that she has to spend a lot time introspection to really mean it but I don't buy it. You guys wouldn't forgive her if she apologized 10 years later

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
do you think a lot of people who may have problems with 'cancel culture' in your eyes, would advocate for the forgiveness of someone who's said they would be happy to kill black people? clearly most people would think it's more than fair enough for this women to have lost her job, regardless of any remorse fake or otherwise

obv this women would have to do a lot of improving for a long amount of time before even charitable white liberals would accept she's changed for the better.

I think "cancel culture" is an element that exists, and some times it goes too far.

Do i think most of the people who actually complain about cancel culture are actually concerned about people being unfairly bismirched rather than just being fairly attacked for saying blatantly racist or stupid shit? Hell no!

Coyote Zamora

alt account
Banned
Jul 19, 2019
I can't even see this being the case.. it's not like she was even attempting to be coy.. at ALL. No self awareness when she was on video like some people have.

She clearly crazy.
She's not crazy. She's just done it enough that she thought she was invincible. It wasn't until she lost her extremely prestigious and well paid job that she thought she need to spouse in hopes of getting back what she lost. It's what they all do.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Have more empathy for the black people who have to deal with people calling for their genocide than this white lady who hasn't done anything to earn her redemption.

You guys say that she has to spend a lot time introspection to really mean it but I don't buy it. You guys wouldn't forgive her if she apologized 10 years later

Pointless hypothetical.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Wrong, we're saying she has to be outro-spective if anything.

Put in efforts that mean something, in the real world.

Words are cheap, my man. An AI can write a convincing apology letter now if it has to.

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Redemption"??

This turd has a history of public racist screeds on top of this incident. How about if she spends years donating at lest 50% of her net worth to anti-racist programs, doing extensive volunteer work to teach inner city kids a trade and just disappears and shuts up about all of that. That would be a path to redemption, not "oh I got caught and lost my job, please let's rekindle the love." ffs

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017

Have you seriously never heard the phrase "Just because someone apologizes, doesn't mean you have to forgive them, and refusing doesn't make you a bad person" ? It's a popular concept. They teach that shit in preschools. No one owes her anything, especially the population she made a racist rant at.

olubode

Oct 28, 2017
You caught us! It is us that are terrible people. Not wanting to forgive the future-to-be non-racist for her racist actions today. Never mind that she has a history.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
I'll never understand how someone - especially someone in hollywood/film industry - could think they can go off like this in public when everyone has a fucking camera on their phone these days and not see the slapback coming immediately.
I mean ... i also don't understand how someone could be such a piece of garbage in the first place but these stories always seem to highlight how some motherfuckers don't even have a sense of preservation stronger than their baked in racism.

Anyways, she can kick rocks.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Omg I didn't think the video could be as bad as it actually was.

Wow, just no excuses for that. She has a lot to do to make up for that.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
So what does she have to say to be genuine?

She was genuine in the video. She said so herself.

FlawlessBackClam-size_restricted.gif

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
No one is entitled to forgiveness. That's a big fucking part of really making amends and accepting your guilt, understanding that fact that no matter what you do some people will not and do not have to forgive you. You fucked up, deal with it there's no one else to blame but yourself. Especially when you jumped around like a lunatic screaming about killing black people in a CVS for a full minute.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
So what does she have to say to be genuine ?
Like I said previously, one day after? There are ways to stick the landing and ways to make things horrible for yourself but all of that is just a revival mechanic that puts you back on your feet. You don't get to win the game after an apology with horrible things like this. You get to walk away, and do better next time.

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017

This isn't a case of "Tommy ate Billy's snacks so he had a time out and has to apologize." This is a case of "Karen shouted racial slurs and threats at minorities in public."

That you're so concerned that people aren't immediately sanguine about this is incredible.