• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
That was one of the more extreme racist tantrums I've ever seen. She can absolutely get fucked. LOL at that fake ass apology. Not accepted. Bye!

Edit: People in here defending the apology. For real tho?
You can't go on an extreme rant saying you'd commit genocide one day, then the next be like - 'My dear fellows, I did a bad. So sorry.'
No, just no.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm more annoyed by folks saying "Oh wow it's REALLY bad" than this racist asshole. Like, do you think spouting genocide against my folks is normal?

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
have any of the most egregious believers of the problems of cancel culture, in your eyes, advocated for the forgiveness of someone who's said they would happy to kill black people?

The problem is "cancel culture" is so vague it can mean anything from "Wow uh Louis CK should not be able to return to comedy especially if he's going to act like he did nothing wrong" which is how "___ is cancelled now" was used historically to stuff like "we need to put bombs at the front door of the lady who's burning kittens in the oven, here's her address: __". The thing is, the latter was a thing on the internet even before anyone used the word cancel and also, importantly, was a line of action also used commonly by people who now stick the word "gate" after all their hobbies on twitter and agree with Louis CK.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
Nah... You're not sorry.
You're just feeling guilt and regret, but you're not sorry.
These things take time to sink in.
Wait a while; but for now, go fuck yourself.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I actually think her apology is very good. She takes the blame completely, doesn't beg or barter, and recognizes black people as a vital part of society.

In fact, it's such a good apology I can't even comprehend how it's the same person that said that disgusting stuff in the video. Pretty crazy.

I hope this person does a lot of real deep internal reflecting, learns a lesson, and grows into a kinder, more compassionate human that respects all people. If she can do that, she'll find the road back to success.

Edit: I just watched the video.... oh boy. Way worse then I though reading the initial news story. How and why? Wtf is her problem??? Obviously crazy racist, but is she also super high? Who behaves like that? Especially in LA... crazy.
Bruh, how the fuck even

olubode

Oct 28, 2017
Its a fairly straight forward apology. Accepts blame, doesnt dodge it and understands why she got fired.

Short of a time machine, I dont know what you all want?
This is confusing. The only people who have any real life stake in this are black people. Are you asking black people what more do they want? I could give you a list but it's been done before and ignored.
Many people in this thread are satisfied that she lost her job. Is someone still mad prior to your post?

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is confusing. The only people who have any real life stake in this are black people. Are you asking black people what more do they want? I could give you a list but it's been done before and ignored.
Many people in this thread are satisfied that she lost her job. Is someone still mad prior to your post?

From this particular person for this particular incident? You have a list for that? Seriously?

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
Sure we all make mistakes, but after seeing that video, nope - no sympathy at all.

Maven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Earth
That instagram account real? Zero posts and follows like 7 people?

I think someone created that for shits n giggles

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Lady, you don't hate that you insulted black people. You hate that you've suffered the ramifications of being an insanely racist nut in public because someone caught it on tape.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Hmm interesting

I always personally thought calling a person by color seems insulting

It's like it would be weird if someone referenced me as "brown" person.

If a person said Indian American I would be okay with that
Calling someone black is absolutely the accepted term in America. There's plenty of black people in America who are unsure of where their heritage derives from exactly. Maybe not even be African. Both my girlfriend and my sister are this way.

Although obviously if someone corrects you and say that they'd like to be addressed otherwise, do that.

olag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Its a fairly straight forward apology. Accepts blame, doesnt dodge it and understands why she got fired.

Short of a time machine, I dont know what you all want?
How about not threatening to kill me and everyone like me.....but you're right. I mean if you can't forgive the Wiley skamps who ask forgiveness for occasionally threatening to kill your entire race then who can you forgive 😂

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm interesting

The majority of us aren't from Africa. Don't have parents from Africa. Nor grandparents. Nor great grandparents. Nor great great grandparents. Many of our bloodlines have been here since before this country was founded. All of us whose ancestors were dragged here in chains had records of our roots in that continent severed centuries ago. We're as much American as any white folks and people don't go around calling them European Americans.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
all this fake apology crap is gonna go out the window when she keeps getting passed over for new jobs. bet you the n word is gonna fly out of her mouth with ease then.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm interesting

Black American is a common descriptor. Not all black people are of African heritage. I frequently use 'brown' as a catchall term for people of South Asian descent (I've also heard it being used for Hispanic/Latinx people) and it's used between South Asian people that I know since we're either Indian, Bengali, Pakistani, etc. but identify under a common South Asian umbrella.

Ebullientprism

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 week): Dismissing concerns of racism
You asked, "What more do you want?" Who is saying they want more and what is it you think is asking too much?

1 Person does something awful.
2 They get punished for doing something awful.
2 Person apologizes for doing something awful.
3 "Fuck her and her apology"

So them getting punished and apologizing is clearly not enough. So - "what more do you want?"

olubode

Oct 28, 2017
From this particular person for this particular incident? You have a list for that? Seriously?
Yes. We have a standard form due to this unique incident not being so unique. Also it's kinda funny how many others in this thread gave much more impassioned and personal responses, but you chose mine to give a sarcastic response to. Your slip is showing.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

So them getting punished and apologizing is clearly not enough. So - "what more do you want?"

I'm guessing people want less of someone like yourself finger wagging others for not being quick to forgive a racist stranger who wants them dead.

uzipukki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Why does anyone have to accept the apology? That doesn't mean they want something more.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

People saying 'Fuck her and her apology' does not mean they don't think the punishment of her getting fired isn't enough. It just means they don't accept her apology. It's not hard to understand. Nothing more needs to happen to this lady. People are allowed to express frustration especially considering what she said.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017

IMO an apology is a minimum. It doesn't improve my opinion of that person, not by much. Nothing that person could do short of solving a crisis with painstaking effort could improve my opinion on short notice. With time and demonstrated effort, my opinion could change. She doesn't have that time yet. She'll just have to live with it, like everyone else.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm interesting

I think he means that as black is an acceptable term, and encompasses better the range of people she attacks verbally, that the invoking of African American in this context reeks of an insincere attempt at trying to white washing her act by using a term she perceives as the more 'PC' term to use when the country has largely moved on from it.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
The majority of us aren't from Africa. Don't have parents from Africa. Nor grandparents. Nor great grandparents. Nor great great grandparents. Many of our bloodlines have been here since before this country was founded. All of us whose ancestors were dragged here in chains had records of our roots in that continent severed centuries ago. We're as much American as any white folks and people don't go around calling them European Americans.

Hmm fair point

Though for "white" people I usually use Caucasian

I just go by what I commonly see in certain places like questionnaire type of stuff that ask for your race (like applications for jobs or w/e) 😂

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

"Sorry" doesn't absolve you of shit, and apologizing to save face doesn't mean that you've reflected and understand what impact your words have had.