• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — The self-avowed white supremacist who plowed his car into counterdemonstrators opposing a white nationalist rally in Virginia two years ago, killing one person and injuring dozens, has asked a judge for mercy and a sentence shorter than life in prison.

Lawyers for James Alex Fields Jr., 22, said in a sentencing memo submitted in court documents Friday that the defendant should not spend his entire life in prison because of his age, a traumatic childhood and a history of mental illness. Fields pleaded guilty to federal hate crimes in March and is set to be sentenced on June 28.
But prosecutors countered that the avowed anti-Semite and Adolf Hitler admirer has shown no remorse since he drove the car into the counterdemonstrators on Aug. 12, 2017, killing anti-racism activist Heather Heyer and injuring others protesting against the white nationalists.
The attorneys for Fields said that giving him something less than a life sentence would be akin to an "expression of mercy" and a "conviction that no individual is wholly defined by their worst moments."

But prosecutors said Friday that Fields deserves a life sentence, adding that would help deter others from committing "similar acts of domestic terrorism."

More at: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/char...-fields-sentencing_n_5d0f389ce4b07ae90d9e672a

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fuck you, you Nazi piece of shit. I hope you rot in prison for the rest of your pathetic life.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
You murdered a woman and injured dozens of other people because you are a hateful piece of shit. This is the evil anti American hill you chose to die on. Enjoy prison, and eventually, hell

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Don't worry, there's good people on both sides of the prison. I'm sure he'll fit right in.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Fuck him. Life. No parole.

And just to get this out the way because it will inevitably come up by folks that typically don't have to live around these lunatics once they're paroled:

I'm not saying he should be assaulted or housed in inhumane conditions. I'm not saying he can't grow as a human being and choose to change. But he can and should do ALL those things behind bars apart from society for the rest of his life.

Don't worry, there's good people on both sides of the prison. I'm sure he'll fit right in.

Aryans will snatched him up quick. Especially since he's unapologetic.

Last edited:

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Just like every white supremacist who was there and every white supremacist generally in the US and abroad, dude is a fucking coward who crumbles when it comes time to pay dues for a life focused on abuse and oppression of the marginalized. Hope more and more of his bigot allies will end up behind bars.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Lmao!!! Man if you don't get your ass in that cell. What did you think was going to happen when you plowed your car into a group of people? Those other people are lucky to still be alive.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Just like the mercy he gave the people he plowed through, right?

Oh-they didn't have "traumatic childhoods".....

Plum

May 31, 2018
The worst part about this is, depending on who's in the jury, this could actually work...

Vinnie20

Banned
Dec 23, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Concern trolling in a sensitive thread; minimizing concerns in regards to white supremacy.
What's up with these kind of blood lusting threads? It won't do good to your mental health you know.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Emily of the State @EmilyGorcenski

James Fields deserves mercy, but unfortunately there's a queue and it's 419 years long.https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/neo-nazi-who-murdered-heather-heyer-in-charlottesville-asks-judge-for-mercy/ …

Goddamn the government pulls zero punches in their sentencing memo

IFek0hZ.jpg

2:00 AM - Jun 23, 2019

What a piece of shit.

CW: extreme racism

RKR1tQG.jpg

akDU2z5.jpg

Both a hate crime and an act of domestic terrorism

8KF2zJY.jpg

2:20 AM - Jun 23, 2019

--------------------

This is from Field's *defense*, which admits: he was not being attacked, he was not being prevented from leaving. Let the alt-right conspiracy theory die.

kA02wok.jpg

Your honor, please think of the negative impact all these anti-Semitic slurs had on the mental health of my client, who was chanting anti-Semitic slurs

cpO5vQY.jpg

3:09 AM - Jun 23, 2019

Last edited:

Str0ngStyle

Oct 28, 2017
Man he can suck my whole dick. Where was his mercy when re ran all those people over? Same place where my mercy is now, nonexistent.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
"Outbursts of impulsive aggression when stressed"

Heated gamer moment?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Reality is setting in and he realizes he's going to spend the rest of his life in prison. Actions have consequences.

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Damn. 22. No empathy, but I didnt realize the murdering scum was so young. Oh well, I'm sure they would have just moved on to worse and more horrifying atrocities were they left out in the wild. Fuck me.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
He's not getting the Death Penalty.
How is that not an astronomical amount of mercy already.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You lost the chance for mercy when ran down all those innocent people. Rot you shit

FeistyBoots

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I'm a believer in mercy.

The caveat is, you have to be truly remorseful, and still must be punished if guilty.

This man is not remorseful. Having a host of neurological disorders that have, in my earlier years, made me subject to angry outbursts... I still have never driven my car into people because I'm a racist sack of shit.

He doesn't deserve mercy. If anything, life imprisonment *is* merciful. He can still have the chance to repent, grow and use his remaining time alive to do something good for the people he hates. Allowing him the chance to redeem himself in some small part is mercy. It's more of a life than he took from Heather Heyer.