• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

xolsec

Feb 18, 2018
This is what weirds me, but like I don't care really. I encourage all people that want to get a sombrero to do so, as I do encourage all mariachis to be samurais!

mariachi_samurai_by_mistermoster_d2ggt7l-fullview.jpg

Damn, that's so badass

exofrenon

Mar 30, 2019
When you say "very white", how much white are we talking about? do they have a skin condition? can they go out in the sun? if not, aren't sombreros really useful in that case?

Please, elaborate more

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm white and voted for Hillary. Am I banned from sombrero culture?

Pls don't break my heart

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
When I was a teenager I had a sombrero that I wore when I was at marching band practice to protect myself from the sun so I wouldn't get heat stroke. I don't do marching band anymore so I don't use it anymore but isn't that the intended purpose of a sombrero: protection from extreme sunlight and heat?

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
When I was a teenager I had a sombrero that I wore when I was at marching band practice to protect myself from the sun so I wouldn't get heat stroke. I don't do marching band anymore so I don't use it anymore but isn't that the intended purpose of a sombrero: protection from extreme sunlight and heat?
Those Australian hats are better for that. Sombreros are just showy now.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, this was like 15 years ago, so I'm not sure more thought went into it beyond "this is a very big hat that will keep me from dying".
Maybe you had a really light one. Mine is used for mariachi. I used to be in marching band as well and I would not last more than 30 minutes wearing it. Too heavy. They are meant to be slammed on the floor during a mariachi dance.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Nerds can't wear sombreros, it's problematic and cultural appropriation.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe you had a really light one. Mine is used for mariachi. I used to be in marching band as well and I would not last more than 30 minutes wearing it. Too heavy. They are meant to be slammed on the floor during a mariachi dance.

It was pretty light, but wearing it definitely got tiring. I remember that for sure.

Nerds can't wear sombreros, it's problematic and cultural appropriation.

source.gif