• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Fuck each and every one of these trash humans. For a group that tries to act so tough they sure are fragile and afraid of the truth.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I feel like those of us who are not batshit crazy aren't doing enough to counter those who are, all over this fucking country.

Those who aren't as batshit crazy aren't as well funded than those that are. Who is going to foot the bill for the coaches and speakers that help coach people how to react for maximizing visibility? Who is going to help carter and schedule people for maximum impact? It sounds easy when you just say it, but in practice, there's a lot more going on here than random crazies sounding up to cause havoc.

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The CRT hysteria is a good case study on mob justice, founded on literally nothing. CRT is not taught in any school that isn't post graduate setting, and in those cases it's taught on a philosophical level or criminal justice steering

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
www.propublica.org

White Parents Rallied to Chase a Black Educator Out of Town. Then, They Followed Her to the Next One.

Cecelia Lewis was asked to apply for a Georgia school district’s first-ever administrator job devoted to diversity, equity and inclusion. A group of parents — coached by local and national anti-CRT groups — had other plans.
There a fuckton in here so i'll try and keep it light

Most of the board turned against her, which wasn't surprising considering:

After getting a bunch of that's not who we are calls from staff she ended up declining the position.

The next morning one of the folks at the meeting was on fox and friends

So long story short the parent's from the previous school's face book spread to the new district and the new district tried to hide her

She quit that place and few weeks later.

So much more at the link

It goes without saying that this is absolutely horrifying, especially as a northern GA resident.

All I'll say atm, though, is I sure wish blue voters in this country were as driven and organized on a local level as these lunatic fanatics. Maybe our country wouldn't be ruled by them if we were.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
The CRT hysteria is a good case study on mob justice, founded on literally nothing. CRT is not taught in any school that isn't post graduate setting, and in those cases it's taught on a philosophical level or criminal justice steering

The thing I always notice immediately in these incidents of white people losing their shit over anything Black is how quickly these crowds turn mob-like.

This is 2022. Imagine the very real fear Black people faced doing this work of crossing bridges in 1965.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The thing I always notice immediately in these incidents of white people losing their shit over anything Black is how quickly these crowds turn mob-like.
Yep. If it isn't someone loading up on a ridiculous amount of weaponry, then they're gathering their friends and neighbors.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017

More than that it was entirely manufactured out in the open, explicitly said to be done in bad faith by the people pushing the rhetoric and yet you have the media treat as an earnest, grassroots movement.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I used to be a school pyschologist and was big on SEL. I was a huge proponent and would help our buildings' counselors implement it. The fact that they've literally demonized SOCIAL SKILLS is unbelievable.

Last edited:

CapNBritain

Oct 26, 2017
California
Between this story and the Texas GOP stuff, I'm just fuming. I've been lucky to avoid interacting with pieces of shit for most of my adult life so I have no idea how I would handle it in real life. I feel like I won't be able to restrain myself when my kid goes to school and I attend school meetings where I will inevitably run into some racist asshole.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
All I'll say atm, though, is I sure wish blue voters in this country were as driven and organized on a local level as these lunatic fanatics. Maybe our country wouldn't be ruled by them if we were.

When you can find the money for that to happen, we'll see it. But good luck finding deep pockets for it, unfortunately

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
The new Red Scare, Satantic Panic, what have you. To my mind, every accusation of "Critical Race Theory" is a confession of maintaining white supremacy, in no small part thanks to its disingenuous-ass origins. (Thanks, Chris Rufo!)

I fear for our next generation.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Our school superintendent has a nearly identical story. He was driven out of a Georgia district for "CRT reasons". Now our local right wing media attacks our school district every chance they get.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
I have some experience with this.

Some parents are ignorant. Some parents are evil. Some parents are both.
I'm sorry you experienced it.

This topic is just hard to write about and I'm so tired. And the theatrics of it all that this woman had to go through even as the administration knew what the outcome would be. Fuck that place.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Unsurprised that Georgia school boards would do this. This is where GOP foot soldiers are fighting their battles right now.

But she really disappointed me with that aloof-ass, "I didn't know this was still a thing" comment.

Lewis tends not to talk about racism in terms of her professional life. She said that, until she got the Black Yankee email, she had not experienced racial prejudice and was accustomed to learning and working in majority-white spaces. She also recalled being surprised when someone from the district pointed out that a hiring like hers was rare, in that there were not many minority leaders working in the district.

"I did not think that in 2021 that that was really a thing," Lewis said, noting the district's proximity to Atlanta, with its high concentration of Black leadership and affluence. "And that was probably just ignorance on my end. And I mean that in the purest form of ignorance, of just not knowing. I didn't know."

C'mon, fam. You can't afford "pure ignorance" as a black person in America. That's a white people privilege. Please go listen to Jay-Z's, "The Story of OJ" again, ma'am. I would expect a sister who is also a scholar of history to be a bit more in tune and aware. For her own safety if for no other reason. Idunno, I just expected more awareness, to say nothing of her bad-mouthing CRT and similar.

GOP misinformation machine is going to be a problem for years to come. People of color are going to need to be vigilant lest our best intentions get run over by grifters defining who we are and what we're looking to do before we can.

Last edited:

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
She added: "I cannot be asked for repentance for something my grandparents did or my ancestors did, right?"
I am not guilty in this racism she says, as she rallies a bunch of white people to systemically oppress and chase out of town a black woman based on racist bullshit.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Aggressive white racists are just so fucking organized.

the activism is inclusive in the sense that you don't need to buy into deep state theories or CRT, it's just "hate the school board for COVID? Like us on Facebook and come to our cookout, we have a stick you can beat them up with."

the activist groups running the training sessions are only as interested in issues of race and post-modern race discourse in the 'stick to the libs' sense-they see DEI admins and coordinators as deep state commissars and that's what gets them going

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Funny how the argument against CRT (which isn't even relevant here) is "why should we be ashamed of what our grandparents did?"

Well, you shouldn't! You should be ashamed of yourself, what you did, and what you continue to be as a person. Garbage.

EDIT: Dammit, AlgusUnderdunk

ajido

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 7, 2018
Unconscionable trash. Those videos make my blood boil. Ain't they got something better to do with their time ffs?

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Aggressive white racists are just so fucking organized.
these people legitimately dont do anything else but this. thats how they make this work, it just swallows up all their attention.

i seriously dont get it, like theres got to be more to life than doing this crap, but apparently that is not the case for these whackjobs

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These kids are going to have a fucking mountain to climb if they have any hope of turning into decent people considering how their parents are raising them.
It's very likely these "activists" don't have kids. It's why they have time to go to these meetings

these people legitimately dont do anything else but this. thats how they make this work, it just swallows up all their attention.

i seriously dont get it, like theres got to be more to life than doing this crap, but apparently that is not the case for these whackjobs

This mentally hurts then because racist is such a powerful word that wounds their psyche.

It's why truth and reconciliation commissions are used in many countries so there's an accounting for the crimes but there's also the reconciliation. We just skipped over this step and just said we're not racist. There was no truth and thus no reconciliation.

So these whites have grown up thinking their actions are racist and when told they are promotes further animosity to those ideas of a historical accounting

While CRT isn't technically tought I think this misreads what's happening.

CRT would be taught, just not the CRT you or I think of. We're not talking about the same thing. i think it's rather useless for people to be upset about misapplied terminology. Because even if they're using the wrong word they're passing resolutions that go beyond CRT as a legal studies field. They literally want to ban anything that discusses race in a context that isn't "everybody's equal now, it's all history"

I think some time this pedantry over language and "proper useage" really doesn't do anything but give up the battle for what matters to areguments over definitions.

The Right is explicitly they welcome this. chris rufo (who started this CRT and it's openly posting on twitter that he's gonna use the same play book on drag queens and rebranding the as trans, and claim it means transvesite)

People are not that "awakened" or educated on these thing is it vital to not get brought into their rebranding of somthing that's better described as diversity training and general civic rights as "crt"

Last edited:

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Unrelated to this thread discussion, but one bit I noticed in that ProPublica article:

Standing in line outside the building before a recent school board meeting, mothers identified themselves to each other as "a Marjorie" — meaning a proponent of the speaking style of Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, known for her provocative and unfiltered claims.

uuuugggggghhhhh...........Imagine having to sit through a two hour school board meeting listening to amateur MTGs.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2022 and shit like this is till happening.

The mind boggles.
This never ceases to annoy me. People just seeing the mlk jr quote and simplifying it to just say history only goes one way and forget that requires constant work.

It's not enough to say what essentially is "I thought our Ancestors fixed this, I didn't know I'd have to"

There's nothing in the laws of nature or human society that things only get better (history is replete with examples)

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
dodging this school board thing by never procreating

I think this is a part of why the problem is propagating though. Not the procreating part, but the looking the other way. Everybody needs to be paying attention to this shit. Public education is a public service, paid for by you, that defines your community. These cockroaches are invading school boards because of poorly informed voters and abysmal turnout. And then they'll use their experience to climb the political ladder.

Oct 26, 2017
There's a weird and out of control feedback loop happening with this. That person mentioned do xyz in case you get called to be on Tucker Carlson, then one of the members was on Fox and Friends. It's bad enough that Facebook has created this sort of feedback loop of dopamine now they are being rewarded with television appearances.

It's more than them being racist, it is that they are rewarded for it. So it's never enough, there's always a new story to whip up and be angry about to get another hit.

beelzebozo

Oct 26, 2017
I think this is a part of why the problem is propagating though. Not the procreating part, but the looking the other way. Everybody needs to be paying attention to this shit. Public education is a public service, paid for by you, that defines your community. These cockroaches are invading school boards because of poorly informed voters and abysmal turnout. And then they'll use their experience to climb the political ladder.

of course i care. i vote, i participate in local politics. but i am blessedly relieved of the pain of parents whose children are raised under these circumstances, and feel slowly disavowed of the notion that things are fixed through discourse with cretins.

but i feel you, and generally i agree in principle

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
I've spoken with Nicole Carr, the reporter and writer for this piece, a few times. She's a HELL of a reporter. When I saw this on ProPublica I knew it had to be her work.

This story breaks my heart and it shows a real specific incident that the rage that Fox News is whipping up with this CRT nonsense.

Last edited: