• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BumbaT BrowN

Oct 27, 2017
I've got some bets on whats going to happen in 2-3 pages.. anyone wanting in on the action can PM me.

When a thread title pops up and says "white man" this and that or any other colour, you can tell it has some kind of racial agenda which is fine when there is oppression being involved. where was the oppression in this video? somewhere else and mostly in people's minds going by the replies.

No you dont at all if this were a nlack individual he would have been shot at the slight momebt of resistance and if he wasnt there i asure he would have been the moment he got in that car

maybe general but maybe not in context of the two officers involved. you are literally calling the two officers racist for fighting a white man and not killing him.

All I know is, this shit is absolute suicide as a Black man in the US. No fucking way I fight police that way, grab a baton while reaching for their waist and give one a good two whacks in the fucking face, then drive off in their car if I plan on having a pulse come next sunrise.

No fucking way in hell.

No... no you really dont...

So you know first hand those two officers would have absolutely shot that individual if he was black just because they didn't shoot that man in the video. those two specific officers?

Sorry I hope you aren't referring to me. I don't even know where to begin.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
When a thread title pops up and says "white man" this and that or any other colour, you can tell it has some kind of racial agenda which is fine when there is oppression being involved. where was the oppression in this video? somewhere else and mostly in people's minds going by the replies.

maybe general but maybe not in context of the two officers involved. you are literally calling the two officers racist for fighting a white man and not killing him.

So you know first hand those two officers would have absolutely shot that individual if he was black just because they didn't shoot that man in the video. those two specific officers?

Sorry I hope you aren't referring to me. I don't even know where to begin.

Yeaaah... Im good.

Happy friday!

BumbaT BrowN

Oct 27, 2017
I admit that in the past I may have also fallen for the trap of hypothetically looking at situations when race is involved especially against minorities, however I have come to the conclusion that when something contrary happens, like say in this case and it happens to a person from the majority, Instead of saying that because minorities like us usually have more than unfair consequences in the hands of a criminal justice system due to our ethnicity or colour or disposition, that it should be fair that this person of majority should have also been treated with such unfair consequences. However this is just vengeance.

What we should have been saying is that this man was treated fairly, in spite of his criminal offences and is alive because of the fairness in the ways the officers tried to act by using a taser (even if it didn't work) rather than a gun, and that this is how it should be when a minority is in the same situation. Instead, we had thread members wishing the man had been shot and killed, the officers portrayed as racists for literally fighting a white man and not shooting him, all because in their mind had the man been black, those two specific officers they have never met or talked to or known to be involved in a racially motivated incident, would have definitely shot and killed him.

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
maybe general but maybe not in context of the two officers involved. you are literally calling the two officers racist for fighting a white man and not killing him
Where did i say they were racist lol you trying to paint a picture of something thats not there

Its more about a black man would have been shot in this situation and less about them being racist

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Because he's white, I'm sure he's going to get off lightly for this, too... The police of this country are unashamedly terrible.

BumbaT BrowN

Oct 27, 2017
Where did i say they were racist lol you trying to paint a picture of something thats not there

Its more about a black man would have been shot in this situation and less about them being racist

what is it about THIS situation that leads you to the conclusion that THESE TWO SPECIFIC police officers would shoot the man had he have been black in THIS situation?

Nephtis

Banned
Dec 27, 2017
what is it about THIS situation that leads you to the conclusion that THESE TWO SPECIFIC police officers would shoot the man had he have been black in THIS situation?

To be fair there's been no shortage of incidents where a black man with known mental illness (even when they told they dispatcher on the phone) was shot dead by police. It's not a far stretch to believe that a black man would've more than likely have been shot.

Oct 25, 2017
I admit that in the past I may have also fallen for the trap of hypothetically looking at situations when race is involved especially against minorities, however I have come to the conclusion that when something contrary happens, like say in this case and it happens to a person from the majority, Instead of saying that because minorities like us usually have more than unfair consequences in the hands of a criminal justice system due to our ethnicity or colour or disposition, that it should be fair that this person of majority should have also been treated with such unfair consequences. However this is just vengeance.

What we should have been saying is that this man was treated fairly, in spite of his criminal offences and is alive because of the fairness in the ways the officers tried to act by using a taser (even if it didn't work) rather than a gun, and that this is how it should be when a minority is in the same situation. Instead, we had thread members wishing the man had been shot and killed, the officers portrayed as racists for literally fighting a white man and not shooting him, all because in their mind had the man been black, those two specific officers they have never met or talked to or known to be involved in a racially motivated incident, would have definitely shot and killed him.
How come you don't have an avatar?

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
I wasn't disputing what you're saying. Talking about this specific case and giving examples of how it's not always about race and it can be about how they've known someone or interacted with them before.

Again, my post was about this specific incident only. Wasn't saying that there isn't white privilege involved in case like you described.

Oh okay. Do we know the population and police officer count for the city this happened in? Because I've lived rural my whole life, and <5 cop town towns were all under 5k, while anything under 1k had one cop or a highway patrol officer that drove through on occasion

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Oh okay. Do we know the population and police officer count for the city this happened in? Because I've lived rural my whole life, and <5 cop town towns were all under 5k, while anything under 1k had one cop or a highway patrol officer that drove through on occasion

I was curious about this, because even when the suspect is white, there is an incredible amount of restraint there.

Guy attacking cops is from North Little Rock Ak, pop of 61,000. Pop of the county is 392,000. So not a small town.

Only think I can think of is that the police started their interaction without thinking about needing draw their guns once they saw him and well, simple explanation is that he was white.

Nov 30, 2017
I wasn't disputing what you're saying. Talking about this specific case and giving examples of how it's not always about race and it can be about how they've known someone or interacted with them before.

Again, my post was about this specific incident only. Wasn't saying that there isn't white privilege involved in case like you described.

Yeah, but this is America, it's ALWAYS about race, and if you don't believe that, well you have the complexion for the protection plus you work for the slave pat—I mean police so double protection.

But yeah tell us how it is out here for us minorities who just aren't seeing it from the white male cops perspective.

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this is fake.

i mean, i have seen some shit before, but not like this.

i refuse to believe this shit is real.

i wanna see the receipts.

Jun 10, 2018
Yet another hypothetical scenario, you just want to be outraged. I am brown, asian and short why should I be racist when I face it all my life? Were the cops being racist in the video? did the man deserve to die for what he did? those are the questions you ask when you read some of the replies in this thread.
Not implying that you are - but the idea that just because you're a minority exempts you from holding faulty racist views id laughable. Just because someone isn't white, doesn't mean they're a paragon upholder of equality for all, nor excluded from pushing antagonistic, hateful ideologies.

It's a logical trap I see many fall into, and wish it wasn't so oft repeated.

Last edited:

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I was curious about this, because even when the suspect is white, there is an incredible amount of restraint there.

Guy attacking cops is from North Little Rock Ak, pop of 61,000. Pop of the county is 392,000. So not a small town.

Only think I can think of is that the police started their interaction without thinking about needing draw their guns once they saw him and well, simple explanation is that he was white.
As a black man who's grown up in the NLR/LR/501 area since I was a kid and still often visit, the NLR/LR/SWD area is pretty leveled. Tommy Norman is from here (the famous cop you see always on the news and stuff) so how he acts a lot of the cops carry that same mentality or at least try to from what I've seen.

Once you exit that though and hit the rural portions outside of the city/suburban area that's where things get nasty. That's where the "country stuff" comes out if you get what I'm saying. That's where most of the bad stuff that you think happens probably happens.

BumbaT BrowN

Oct 27, 2017
Years of hisyory of cops killing black men for far less

I have been involved with a few racists when i was younger it doesn't set a precedence that the next white police officer I meet is out there to kill me even if a few of them have treated me like a second class citizen. Your answer comes from the right place but has little to do with this situation as you kindly stated in your previous reply. Instead, your reply dehumanises the two police officers by lumping them together with all those that have done wrong to minorities and saying that definitely, they would kill a person of colour but not Jerry because he is white . I don't think you were trying to do this, but it comes out this way.

If what you mean is that in a general situation in america (because it doesn't really happen in australia where I am from and this is a very racist country) that there is a high likely chance a person of colour would meet harsher consequences such as death, compared to a person of majority, then I agree with you, but you said "this situation" and from that you have included the two police officers and "Jerry" and have made decisions about their future acts and behaviours, which paints them as racists. Because Jerry is white the officers automatically decided not to use deadly force but if they saw a hint of tan then their minds would have been drawn to the gun, so yes I can see how you may think the officers are racists here without you knowing them. this is my issue. The second issue is the idea that Jerry deserved to be shot from other posters because black people have been shot in the past for far less. I have even bigger problems with this and american gun culture but this video still happen despite the expected culture of shoot first ask questions later.

How come you don't have an avatar?

That B is good enough, no?

BumbaT BrowN

Oct 27, 2017
Not implying that you are - but the idea that just because you're a minority exempts you from holding faulty racist views id laughable. Just because someone isn't white, doesn't mean they're a paragon upholder of equality for all, or excluded for pushing antagonistic, hateful ideologies.

It's a logical trap I see many fall into, and wish it weren't so off repeated.

But where are my racist views specifically?

ah damn i should have edited this into the previous post. sorry for the double post.

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
I have been involved with a few racists when i was younger it doesn't set a precedence that the next white police officer I meet is out there to kill me even if a few of them have treated me like a second class citizen. Your answer comes from the right place but has little to do with this situation as you kindly stated in your previous reply. Instead, your reply dehumanises the two police officers by lumping them together with all those that have done wrong to minorities and saying that definitely, they would kill a person of colour but not Jerry because he is white . I don't think you were trying to do this, but it comes out this way.

If what you mean is that in a general situation in america (because it doesn't really happen in australia where I am from and this is a very racist country) that there is a high likely chance a person of colour would meet harsher consequences such as death, compared to a person of majority, then I agree with you, but you said "this situation" and from that you have included the two police officers and "Jerry" and have made decisions about their future acts and behaviours, which paints them as racists. Because Jerry is white the officers automatically decided not to use deadly force but if they saw a hint of tan then their minds would have been drawn to the gun, so yes I can see how you may think the officers are racists here without you knowing them. this is my issue. The second issue is the idea that Jerry deserved to be shot from other posters because black people have been shot in the past for far less. I have even bigger problems with this and american gun culture but this video still happen despite the expected culture of shoot first ask questions later.

That B is good enough, no?
Conversation over racism/prejudice asians face at the hands of police is not like that black ppl face

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Looks almost fake, especially when the batons were used. Jerry's baton swings were especially C Movie acted.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
As a black man who's grown up in the NLR/LR/501 area since I was a kid and still often visit, the NLR/LR/SWD area is pretty leveled. Tommy Norman is from here (the famous cop you see always on the news and stuff) so how he acts a lot of the cops carry that same mentality or at least try to from what I've seen.

Once you exit that though and hit the rural portions outside of the city/suburban area that's where things get nasty. That's where the "country stuff" comes out if you get what I'm saying. That's where most of the bad stuff that you think happens probably happens.

So these were the 'at large' county cops. So your saying, on a level playing field, this guy should have been shot?

Jun 10, 2018
But where are my racist views specifically?

ah damn i should have edited this into the previous post. sorry for the double post.
You're dismissing an accusation of holding racist views by pointing out your status as a minority.

All I'm countering is the notion being a minority exempts you from believing and propagating racist rhetoric. After all, if that were the case, anti-black sentiments wouldn't run so rampant in both black and non-black schools of thought.

Dismiss the accusation because its unfounded - and NOT because of some misplaced belief minorities don't partake in racial division.

Also, I must reiterate: I'm not calling you a racist, I'm merely saying your argument is bunk.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
So these were the 'at large' county cops. So your saying, on a level playing field, this guy should have been shot?
If they did know him like the report said. If that's accurate then yeah that'd be enough for them to let him do stuff. One of my black homies used to be cop here and after the stories he's told me it doesn't surprise me about this story. No bullshit all the cops I've seen here are either laidback, wanting to clock out or they're just trying to get through the day.

I've actually never seen or encountered any of these horrible cop stories here that I've seen across the US. Yeah I agree, there's definitely a problem with police and what they do to us minorities that needs to change, I'm down with it but here? Never seen it yet. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I've just weirdly never seen it to the level where everywhere else in the US has been impacted by it.

But like I said, that's just the Little Rock - North Little Rock - Sherwood area. Once you go maybe 8 minutes or so outside of the city that's where things change. Conway, Beebe, Hope, other places aren't the same. If you search Youtube you'll be able to find a lot more instances where cops are screwing up once you get out of the city especially these days.

BumbaT BrowN

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Inflammatory Generalizations over a series of posts
Conversation over racism/prejudice asians face at the hands of police is not like that black ppl face

sorry but a one line reply such as this can be from many tangents, so you need to be prepared to explain by what you mean by this line?

I don' t think Jerry deserves to be shot based on this video. I don't think he is alive due to white privilege because I don't think the police officers are racist because I don't know them. They could be racists or even racially profile using incorrectly biased stereotypes but I don't know this at all based on other officers from far away that may have done the same previously.

You're dismissing an accusation of holding racist views by pointing out your status as a minority.

All I'm countering is the notion being a minority exempts you from believing and propagating racist rhetoric. After all, if that were the case, anti-black sentiments wouldn't run so rampant in both black and non-black schools of thought.

Dismiss the accusation because its unfounded - and NOT because of some misplaced belief minorities don't partake in racial division.

Also, I must reiterate: I'm not calling you a racist, I'm merely saying your argument is bunk.

Wait so my first line dismisses my other two arguments? Your are referring to this, no?

"Yet another hypothetical scenario, you just want to be outraged. I am brown, asian and short why should I be racist when I face it all my life? Were the cops being racist in the video? did the man deserve to die for what he did? those are the questions you ask when you read some of the replies in this thread."

I asked a question to the poster asking why should I be racist not anyone else. I gave three points and i agree that the first one was weak. it doesn't discount the rest. and my argument stems from the fact that there are minorities here taking part in racial division, that's why i am arguing in the first place.

CamDeenie

Banned
Nov 20, 2018
It amazes me how cops are fully prepared to lose their own lives when arresting violent white criminals, but are quick to murder a black person who poses no harm. They really went the extra mile, yet all I read and hear is that everyone is treated equally, how being a cop is so dangerous, and how they always fear for their lives. What a load of shit.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
So, they didn't shoot him because 1) they knew him, and 2) they knew he was mentally ill.

He's still getting a shitload of charges leveled at him, including attempted capital murder (probably for ramming the patrol car).

Does anyone else think this context is important enough to put in the OP?

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
Female cop with more empathy and what seems to be a community resource officer aka fake cop. Trust me he would have been swiss cheese had this been two regular cops.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Maybe these cops would have treated a POC the same but it's not coincidental how many of these videos show a pattern of differential treatment. Outside of that, I'm just laughing my ass off at how this guy, with his fucking bare ass out, throws two adults off him, jumps in a police vehicle, locks the door and rides out. LOL

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
So you want him killed instead?
This willful misreading is the basis of why people make up that "All Lives Matter" bs response to shut down Black Lives Matter. The nonsense idea that black people just want more white people killed to balance out racism or some shit. Nobody wants him killed. People are astounded and repulsed because this kind of allowance isn't given to the multitude of unarmed black people slaughtered by police. The police didn't even use their non-violent tools for retraining the suspect in this case. Yet as pointed out in several stories in this topic, there are cases where black people literally surrendering aren't allowed even that much before being killed. It's not disgusting because they didn't kill him. It's disgusting because there are a wealth of stories where the skin color of this suspect being black would have meant his death. It's disgusting because it's a literal visual statement on the racial bias within the criminal justice system when compared to the patterns we've seen before.

Bisha Monkey

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
Reading comprehension, how does it work?!

If police started pulling the trigger on the population equally, then the racial angle would just vanish, and the problem would still be there, the real issue is that the officers responsible for citizens safety shouldn't consist on trained psychopaths with guns. And have these particular cops been involved in any racial profiling incident in the past to make those conclusions?

I know we like painting all cops with a broad brush, but having a relative in the police force that I respect very much, I just can't help thinking (even if a small minority) that there are honest and good-willed cops out there, and this might be ones of those exceptions to the rule.